You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

He's either fit or he's not. It's a derby, not some 3rd round league cup match against scunthorpe. When he came on, he clearly didn't want to be there. So step aside and let someone else have your place on the bench who might actually give it a go.

A half fit Coutinho is better than 90% of our players unfortunately Barry...

Because he missed that chance? All strikers miss chances. What cost us the game was the half arsed subs the manager made giving the impression the game was done at 1-0 and the fact lovren is a brainless moron.

It was pure selfishness. Had we scored from that chance we probably would’ve won.. much bigger factor than err... “them subs didn’t do enough”.

It was pure selfishness. Had we scored from that chance we probably would’ve won.. much bigger factor than err... “them subs didn’t do enough”.

I've grown up expecting strikers to be selfish. I know there were other players in the box, but from where I was sat, I expected him to shoot and had no issue with it at the time, aside from I'd obviously prefer him to score. If he passes and executes the pass as poorly as he executed the shot, we also don't score.

I've grown up expecting strikers to be selfish. I know there were other players in the box, but from where I was sat, I expected him to shoot and had no issue with it at the time, aside from I'd obviously prefer him to score. If he passes and executes the pass as poorly as he executed the shot, we also don't score.

Same but you shouldn’t refrain from criticising when the miss is costly. I suggest you watch the replay. He had three unmarked players who would’ve had an open goal with a straightforward pass.

It was very un Mane/our strike force like to not pass that ball. All the praise they've been getting is based on their unselfishness and combination play.

I was shocked, and I'm still angry about it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guest Pistonbroke

He was aiming to be a hero, he sticks those chances in on a regular basis tbf, but he should have laid the ball off to one of the three attacking players for a tap in. 

He did not even trouble the keeper. What ever way you look at it it was a shocking miss.

I agree it was a bad miss. My point really is I have no issue with him taking the shot and as I said in the other post, it's as likely the execution of the pass would have been as bad as his execution of the shot. If he'd have tried to pass and hit the defender, everyone would have gone mad and said it was easier to shoot. At the end of the day, mane gets those choices right more often than wrong. We had more issues today than mane.

Liverpool should sign Luis Suarez in part-exchange for Philippe Coutinho next summer, according to Jamie Redknapp.

Barcelona are almost certain to revisit their interest in Coutinho in upcoming transfer windows, having had three offers rebuffed this past summer

“Philippe Coutinho was sensational for Liverpool at Bournemouth. The Reds should enjoy him while they can before Barcelona come calling again in the summer,” he told the Daily Mail.

“Even if Liverpool receive in excess of the £138 million Barcelona bid last summer, there are few like-for-like players they can buy — while bringing in a number of players is not always the best option.

“Instead, Liverpool should ask Barcelona to swap Coutinho for Luis Suarez.

“The striker has not been as prolific as in recent seasons and the Liverpool fans would love a returning hero. It would be a great move for both the club and the Premier League.”

Liverpool should sign Luis Suarez in part-exchange for Philippe Coutinho next summer, according to Jamie Redknapp.

Barcelona are almost certain to revisit their interest in Coutinho in upcoming transfer windows, having had three offers rebuffed this past summer

“Philippe Coutinho was sensational for Liverpool at Bournemouth. The Reds should enjoy him while they can before Barcelona come calling again in the summer,” he told the Daily Mail.

“Even if Liverpool receive in excess of the £138 million Barcelona bid last summer, there are few like-for-like players they can buy — while bringing in a number of players is not always the best option.

“Instead, Liverpool should ask Barcelona to swap Coutinho for Luis Suarez.

“The striker has not been as prolific as in recent seasons and the Liverpool fans would love a returning hero. It would be a great move for both the club and the Premier League.”

Just think, Jamie Redknapp gets paid to come out with this shite.

Barcelona need to stump up the cash or shut up.

As for a swap with Suárez, I’d probably steer away from that. Great player, obviously, but there’s a lot of miles on the clock and we’d be catching him on the way down, arguably.

Still in the top 10 in the world, would be mad not going for him.

They aren’t going to pay the money for him. A year later and with less years to run on his contract isn’t going to suddenly add 20-30m to his value for them. Expect the same shithouse tactics as the summer. As much as the fan base absolutely flapped it, it was a no brainier that he didn’t go anywhere. He was on a long contract and it was a World Cup year. He was never going to not play once the window shut.

I’d honestly be shocked if the same shit didn’t kick off in January and if it does I’d be warning Coutinho that he pulls the same shit he will not be playing competitive football again for Liverpool this season and he won’t be getting sold to them in the summer either.

The club will need to assess it in the summer but I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as everybody seems to think. What happens if they come in with 80m Euros or some equivalent deal with shit add ons? He goes nowhere should be the answer. It’s not out of the question either in fact I’d say it’s highly likely that’s what they will pull.

The only way the club is ever going to stop the flow of players Brazilian or whatever to these clubs is by stopping selling to them. We are the easy target and it was no shock to see Zidane talking up Salah last week. We are the perfect breeding ground for players to get to the top tier. It’s now time to take that next step and tell Barca and Real to fuck off.

• Upvote 4