You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

He's probably been promised he can go next summer, but if he continues the way he's going right now, his value will be approaching a ridiculous level. Won't be surprised if it's close to 200m by the end of the season and some potential suitors get scared off a little. . 

He was exceptional today. But he had had some off days as well. Given the inventive squad Klopp has built, I'm not too worried if he leaves for silly money. Klopp will strengthen the squad with quality in numbers. 

I'm very worried,  The money won't buy us squat, The Yanks will trouser most of it after making a few lame attempts to sign one or two big names that we have no chance of getting. We can't replace a player like Coutinho

I'm very worried, The money won't buy us squat, The Yanks will trouser most of it after making a few lame attempts to sign one or two big names that we have no chance of getting. We can't replace a player like Coutinho

Yep. Look what happenned post Suarez.

Sublime bit of skill on the touchline, taking the piss out of a couple of Spartak players in the build up to his third goal. It just exemplified the best individual performance I've seen since Suarez left.

If FSG even think about selling him in January I will castrate each of them with a rusty spoon.

I'm very worried,  The money won't buy us squat, The Yanks will trouser most of it after making a few lame attempts to sign one or two big names that we have no chance of getting. We can't replace a player like Coutinho

The yanks have got to show something anyway for a seven year stewardship of this club. But the yanks alone can't bear the blame when it was obvious Klopp had the funds at his disposal to strengthen the defence, as indeed he was trying to do. As for the indispensability of Coutinho, while no doubt he is a fantastic player,  who ever thought Klopp would pull Mane and Salah out of the hat?!

All the noise coming out of the club in the last few days make it seem like he's off in January and they all know it.

In the summer it was 'Not For Sale' every day and they stuck to that.

Now it's 'no guarantees he'll be here after January' from everyone, a completely different attitude.

If they don't want to sell him they should take the same stance as in the summer, and tell everyone to do one.

If we get 128 million then it's a good price, but only if that is re-invested in January, but with our recent track record I don't think anything will happen.

I would reluctantly do it for VVD and Lemar. He’s a smashing player but nobody is bigger than the club, and if he’s determined to leave, so be it.

We can’t sit on a pile of cash though. It has to be reinvested immediately as he is sold or else it’s too easy for the owners to squirrel it away and justify it this way or that. And not just reinvested either, but added to the usual amount we would have.

Liverpool cannot guarantee Philippe Coutinho will still be at Anfield in January, according to CEO Peter Moore.

Coutinho scored a hat-trick against Spartak Moscow to help his side qualify for the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday night.

The Brazil international had looked destined to leave Liverpool during the summer after handing in a transfer request, with Barcelona submitting a £113m offer in a bid to sign the 25-year-old

Moore, though, has refused to confirm that Coutinho, who has scored nine goals in all competitions this season, will remain at the club when the transfer window reopens next month.

We made one statement last year and the player is not for sale and that is the statement the ownership made," Moore told Sky Sports News.

"Me adding to that, every day you see stories emanating from Spain that Barcelona, or whomever, are coming back for Philippe Coutinho

I saw a player who was delighted to score a hat-trick for his club in front of 54,000 delighted fans on Wednesday night.

"And anything other than that focus right now is on Sunday and then we have West Brom, and it is all about Philippe on the pitch right now

"As far as I am concerned, the squad we have right now is the squad we are going to go into January with. And I do not have a crystal ball, so I do not know what is going to happen.

"But Philippe Coutinho is a dedicated, intense Liverpool player right now that is delivering."

Coutinho recently admitted that he is unsure where his future lies.

"I am at Liverpool and I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters," said Coutinho.

"I do not know how the future is going to be. What will happen in January, we will know it in January. I do not know if there will be an offer.

"Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

"Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed

I am here (at Liverpool), we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help.

All the noise coming out of the club in the last few days make it seem like he's off in January and they all know it.

In the summer it was 'Not For Sale' every day and they stuck to that.

Now it's 'no guarantees he'll be here after January' from everyone, a completely different attitude.

If they don't want to sell him they should take the same stance as in the summer, and tell everyone to do one.

If we get 128 million then it's a good price, but only if that is re-invested in January, but with our recent track record I don't think anything will happen.

The only noise coming out of the club is in response to questions from journo's looking to create a story by contorting quotes to get more web hits.  Don't fall for it.