You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

DeBruyne is the best player in the league.

De Bruyne is one of the best in the world at the moment, his goal yesterday was sensational, the right foot touch, left foot shift then smacking it top corner with his left foot. Not many in world football are capable of that. Whatever anyone thinks of Pep, he certainly improves a certain type of player.

De Bruyne's flavour of the month, Phil is a better dribbler, better striker of a ball and scores more goals. Hence the interest from PSG and Barca.

I think that’s more to do with being attainable, if they thought they could sign De Bruyne for about £100m they’d sign him over Coutinho in a heartbeat and I do really rate Coutinho, why would he leave City at the moment? They’ve one of the best managers in the world, the best training facility in the world and gets paid a fortune to be there. He’s not flavour of the month at all, he’s been brilliant since he left Chelsea, his assist and goal record shows you how important he is to every team he plays for. He’s the best player in the league at the moment by a distance. Unbelievable footballer.

• Upvote 2

I think that’s more to do with being attainable, if they thought they could sign De Bruyne for about £100m they’d sign him over Coutinho in a heartbeat and I do really rate Coutinho, why would he leave City at the moment? They’ve one of the best managers in the world, the best training facility in the world and gets paid a fortune to be there. He’s not flavour of the month at all, he’s been brilliant since he left Chelsea, his assist and goal record shows you how important he is to every team he plays for. He’s the best player in the league at the moment by a distance. Unbelievable footballer.

Yup. He’s a very good player De Bruyne. Not blessed with amazing technique or dribbling ability, but he strikes the ball so clean. Reminds me a bit of David Beckham.

Yup. He’s a very good player De Bruyne. Not blessed with amazing technique or dribbling ability, but he strikes the ball so clean. Reminds me a bit of David Beckham.

Beckham! that surprises me. For me, he's the closest thing I've seen to Chris Waddle, in how he looks disinterested and lazy one minute, then running the game the next. He's got a turn of pace, good skill and can crack a ball. 

Waddle on his day, was a class act. Wish we'd got him, though the Heysel ban put pay to that. 

Beckham! that surprises me. For me, he's the closest thing I've seen to Chris Waddle, in how he looks disinterested and lazy one minute, then running the game the next. He's got a turn of pace, good skill and can crack a ball.

Waddle on his day, was a class act. Wish we'd got him, though the Heysel ban put pay to that.

Waddle was a bit before my time. You don’t see the similarities with Beckham? Wand of a right foot, little pace, can play wide or central.

Yep. World Class. 

Beckham - srsly?? Debruyne is better with his left foot than Beckham was with his right- his ball striking is the least of his qualities ffs - talk about red blinkers. He gets in any side in the world, every week.

Red blinkers? I hate United.

Beckham delivers quality crosses every game. This one assist to Ronaldo is one of the best passes I’ve seen.

[/YouTube]

Fuck off you cunt!!

Paris Saint-Germain captain Thiago Silva admits he is in regular contact with Philippe Coutinho and says he hopes his compatriot will “work with us”.

Liverpool rejected three sizeable offers from Barcelona for the attacker during the summer transfer window and the Brazilian, who scored in his side's 3-0 win over Southampton on Saturday, has recently said he is happy at Anfield despite continued speculation over his future.

Recent reports have suggested that PSG, who currently boast five of Coutinho's international team-mates in Dani Alves, Neymar, Lucas Moura, Marquinhos and Silva, are also interested in signing the 25-year-old, and central defender Silva is keen to see that happen.

"I talk a lot with Coutinho. I hope that at the end of the season or even before, it could be a nice surprise for us," Silva is quoted as saying by Telefoot.

"I hope he will think well and that next year he will work with us

Silva has admitted in the past that he did his best to persuade Neymar to move to Paris and says he has also been keen to give Coutinho advice.

"As with Neymar, I give him a lot of advice," he added. "But I think the most important thing for him is to make the best decision

Fuck off you cunt!!

Paris Saint-Germain captain Thiago Silva admits he is in regular contact with Philippe Coutinho and says he hopes his compatriot will “work with us”.

Liverpool rejected three sizeable offers from Barcelona for the attacker during the summer transfer window and the Brazilian, who scored in his side's 3-0 win over Southampton on Saturday, has recently said he is happy at Anfield despite continued speculation over his future.

Recent reports have suggested that PSG, who currently boast five of Coutinho's international team-mates in Dani Alves, Neymar, Lucas Moura, Marquinhos and Silva, are also interested in signing the 25-year-old, and central defender Silva is keen to see that happen.

"I talk a lot with Coutinho. I hope that at the end of the season or even before, it could be a nice surprise for us," Silva is quoted as saying by Telefoot.

"I hope he will think well and that next year he will work with us

Silva has admitted in the past that he did his best to persuade Neymar to move to Paris and says he has also been keen to give Coutinho advice.

"As with Neymar, I give him a lot of advice," he added. "But I think the most important thing for him is to make the best decision

Mate if he is going an auction is better for us.

Beckham also played central for Real Madrid and Milan. A brilliant Madrid side too with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo etc.

Overrated side with brilliant players more like. Won fuck all after Makelele left. Don't think they won a single thing in the three seasons Beckham was there, despite all their Figo, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Casillas, Samuel, Owen etc... They were largely second fiddle to Rafa's Valencia and Ronaldinho's Barca during these years.

Overrated side with brilliant players more like. Won fuck all after Makelele left. Don't think they won a single thing in the three seasons Beckham was there, despite all their Figo, Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Robinho, Casillas, Samuel, Owen etc... They were largely second fiddle to Rafa's Valencia and Ronaldinho's Barca during these years.

They won La Liga in his last season with them.

Was that the season Capello won the league on the last day of the season and got sacked straight after? Could not even remember if Beckham was still there that season. He was pretty much in and out of the side in his last season. 

Couldn't stand the whole Galacticos' bullshit, so their constant underachievement was particularly enjoyable. Well, Zidane aside. He was ace. His CL final wondergoal was pretty the high point of the Galacticos era, went pretty much downhill from thereon.