You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Tancredi Palmeri on Talksport saying that we'll be raising our offer to £11M over the weekend and that Inter will wait until Monday for Southampton to offer more, if not then he's ours. A few things to consider:

a) this fella is full of shit.

b) the more 'reliable' of the British journos are all insisting that we are offering £8M in a restructured deal.

Seems to me as though Inter have no option but to accept £8M from us so they're leaking stuff to make it look like a good deal for them.

Reckon it's a mix of the 2

It'll be £8m (all up front) and £3m in add ons. They'll tell Inter fans they got £11m for him and we get him for £8m initially.

Exactly the same deal with Roma for Borini funnily enough.

Guest San Don
Reckon it's a mix of the 2

It'll be £8m (all up front) and £3m in add ons. They'll tell Inter fans they got £11m for him and we get him for £8m initially.

Exactly the same deal with Roma for Borini funnily enough.

I dont think we'll go as high as £11m tbh. If reports are to be believed, the £8m is the tops but I'd be surprised if inter accepted that.

It is tedious but that's just how it works isn't it?

We can't afford to throw money around willy nilly - every penny counts for us so i'm glad to see us playing hard ball.

The one good thing to come out of the Dempsey 'deal' is that clubs know that we won't be held to ransom. Inter need the money and he's set his heart on us.

I am fully behind the club (finally) taking a stand on fees, I have no problem with that. Maybe it is because the Sturridge, and other signings happend quite quickly, this seems more longwinded.

I am fully behind the club (finally) taking a stand on fees' date=' I have no problem with that. Maybe it is because the Sturridge, and other signings happend quite quickly, this seems more longwinded.[/quote']

I suppose it just depends on the deal. The Sturridge deal seemed to be a straightforward case of Chelsea wanting to sell at a price that matched our valuation - Rodgers even called it a bargain today so that hints at the mindset from our side.

When the clubs disagree on the valuation, things obviously become more complicated.

After losing the will to live going through the Siggurdson and Allen sagas this latest drawn-out bollocks was tedious from the start. Be nice to wake up and find we have made a decent signing without a pantomime .

The club don't make it a pantomime though, that's mainly due to social media and what not?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't buy it to be honest but we'll see.

I honestly stopped caring about the price last week. Just get the pics taken with Zaf sticking a thermometer up his arse, get a work permit in his hand, and a shirt on his back. Then we can all rejoice and start discussing how utterly fucking shit he is because he didn't score in his first game.

I honestly stopped caring about the price last week. Just get the pics taken with Zaf sticking a thermometer up his arse' date=' get a work permit in his hand, and a shirt on his back. Then we can all rejoice and start discussing how utterly fucking shit he is because he didn't score in his first game.[/quote']

Haha that made me laugh.

The club don't make it a pantomime though, that's mainly due to social media and what not?

True. The ITK's on twatter, players agents and the journos make any sort of confidential negotiations almost impossible where high profile clubs are involved. I dont know what the answer is but in other businesses parties have to sign proper confidentiality agreements . Whether that could work in the transfer market I don't know.

After losing the will to live going through the Siggurdson and Allen sagas this latest drawn-out bollocks was tedious from the start. Be nice to wake up and find we have made a decent signing without a pantomime .

I think it's worth bearing in mind that suarez's purchase was more of a drawn out pantomime than any of them and we got a bargain there. Sometimes you have to be prepared to stand your ground and wait.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that suarez's purchase was more of a drawn out pantomime than any of them and we got a bargain there. Sometimes you have to be prepared to stand your ground and wait.

Ajax accused us of insulting them by offering £12 million, which was ridiculously low, in fact almost everyone we have dealt with has not really been happy with us and the way we have gone about our business.

The only reason the Suarez deal seemed to get pushed through and we pay around the asking price was because Torres coincidently put his request in a day or so later, I'm sure the club had no idea that was going to happen....

Maybe if they'd moved their arses a bit quicker then we might have seen what that partnership was like, us dragging our heels and putting in cheap offers is for me one if the main contributing factors to why Torres put in his request so late.

Look' date=' the club fucked up. You fucked up, I fucked up, get over it.[/quote']

If it wasn't continuing to happen maybe I would get over it, there is being smart in the market which gets you players at a reasonable price and their is Ian Ayres way of offering buttons, offending the clubs and then paying what they want anyway.

Ajax accused us of insulting them by offering £12 million, which was ridiculously low, in fact almost everyone we have dealt with has not really been happy with us and the way we have gone about our business.

You are having a go at the club for offering too low a price for a player?

Have you ever negotiated anything in your life? Wanna buy my house or car? Make me an offer.

The only reason the Suarez deal seemed to get pushed through and we pay around the asking price was because Torres coincidently put his request in a day or so later, I'm sure the club had no idea that was going to happen....

Maybe if they'd moved their arses a bit quicker then we might have seen what that partnership was like, us dragging our heels and putting in cheap offers is for me one if the main contributing factors to why Torres put in his request so late.

That's a lie,Newcastle and Villa loved how we conducted business.