MegadriveMan

Philippe Coutinho

The minute Ake went back to Chelsea, Bmouth fell to bits for 6 weeks.

Chelsea sold us Solanke. We should have been in for him.

We are asleep at the fucking wheel.

Atrocious.

Can't believe Klopp is party to, or happy with, all this inertia.

They didn't

125m euro bid by barcelona made.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4802896/Barcelona-make-125m-bid-Liverpool-s-Philippe-Coutinho.html

Barcelona have submitted a new bid of €125million for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho.

The La Liga giants are desperate to land the Brazilian after selling Neymar to PSG and could be willing to go as high as €130m to bring Coutinho to the Nou Camp.

Reds Boss Jurgen Klopp has insisted his star man is not for sale at any price, despite the 25-year-old formally submitting a transfer request last week.

More to follow. 

I can see the problem there...

Yeah, me too.

But surely, given the window we've had so far, the owners wouldn't be so stupid as to not give it to him?

They can then keep the "warchest" that was promised at the start of the season, and the Phil money will only have cost them the £8.5m or whatever Phil cost originally.

As cuntish as it sounds, it's win-win for the owners.

If we did agree to sell him for €125m and we then went to Southampton for VVD can you imagine the kind of price they'd quote us. 

They'd know the we'd be desperate as a club to get signing's in not just Southampton but any other club we try and buy from with less than 2 weeks of the window left.

Yeah, me too.

But surely, given the window we've had so far, the owners wouldn't be so stupid as to not give it to him?

They can then keep the "warchest" that was promised at the start of the season, and the Phil money will only have cost them the £8.5m or whatever Phil cost originally.

As cuntish as it sounds, it's win-win for the owners.

"Less than 2 weeks made it impossible to get the right players" will be the ready made perfect excuse they have.

Even worse is that Klopp will peddle it as well.

If we did agree to sell him for €125m and we then went to Southampton for VVD can you imagine the kind of price they'd quote us. 

They'd know the we'd be desperate as a club to get signing's in not just Southampton but any other club we try and buy from with less than 2 weeks of the window left.

Well why would that bother us if we got silly money for him? I dont get why people are now saying southampton will rinse us, if we get something like £120m for Coutinho.

Well why would that bother us if we got silly money for him? I dont get why people are now saying southampton will rinse us, if we get something like £120m for Coutinho.

It would bother FSG.

Do you not think southampton would put an outrageous price on VVD if they knew we have €125m burning a hole in our pocket ?

It would bother FSG.

Do you not think southampton would put an outrageous price on VVD if they knew we have €125m burning a hole in our pocket ?

So why didnt it bother them when they did the transfer of him who went to chelsea? Were you saying the club were wrong to hold out for £50m then when wanting to have £15m 'surplus' after buying carroll?

Of course southampton would up their price. My point is, if we've got something like £120m for coutinho we'll still have £40m change IF we paid £80m for van Dijk.

What does it matter unless people want to moan about net fucking spend?

So why didnt it bother them when they did the transfer of him who went to chelsea? Were you saying the club were wrong to hold out for £50m then when wanting to have £15m 'surplus' after buying carroll?

Of course southampton would up their price. My point is, if we've got something like £120m for coutinho we'll still have £40m change IF we paid £80m for van Dijk.

What does it matter unless people want to moan about net fucking spend?

I personally don't think they'd sanction a deal for VVD if they felt they were being held over a barrel. 

Also I watched the LFCTV interview at the time when john henry said they wanted to make a £15 million profit on the Torres sale.

As owners they were only new in the job and had no idea how the football transfer market worked. 

When the details came out from newcastle about how they "negotiated" with liverpool it shows up John Henry was talking through his arse.