You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Nowhere near ? Get a grip...

Yes i think he's a bigger talent than Coutinho, Sterling is in the mould of Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, time will tell though.

Coutinho is two years older than Raheem as well.

I think Sterling is being overrated. Don't think he's going to come anywhere near to the level of the three you mention.

Guest San Don
James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho

Understand #LFC's new offer for Coutinho is 9million Euros (£7.6million). Club still confident the deal will be done.

Well pearce and LFC for that matter may need to reconsider if reports are correct. Soton's new manager has a bid of £10m accepted by inter for the lad. Oh, and soton's manager had him on loan at espanyol last season.

I dont know anything about the lad so dont know whether he'd be a worthwhile signing or not but, this is where fsg's strategy falls apart. If someone bids more than what you 'value' the player at, you are very unlikely to make the signing.

Guess we'll have to see how this pans out.

Latest rumour is barcelona to make bid for reina in the summer window too.

Nowhere near ? Get a grip...

Yes i think he's a bigger talent than Coutinho, Sterling is in the mould of Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, time will tell though.

Coutinho is two years older than Raheem as well.

Would love this to be true, but don't see it whatsoever. I do think he'll be a really good player, but I don't think he's quick enough or skillful enough to make up for his size to be a superstar like those three. But at his age he certainly has the ability to make up a lot of ground developmentally over the next few years.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
There is a simple rule with transfer rumours. Anything Mathewbet says, the opposite is true.

Yeah, but he accepts credit for being right the moment there's a link in the paper. He already took the credit for being right about us signing Sneijder.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Reana is going to southampton and matthewbet1 is getting bummed by sneijder? Or did I read this too quickly?

Nope, you got it.

All these people saying "if they think he is worth it, spend the extra 2m". Isnt it that sort of attitude which has got us in trouble before?

If they think he is worth a certain amount, why pay more? Yes, he is promising, but we aren't talking a guaranteed product here. I think we should always be cautious in these negotiations. So what if Southampton will pay more? It doesn't reflect badly on us. If he wants to go there, let him. If he holds out for a move and Inter will sell, then we will get him.