You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I had a moment last night, pure FSG panic set in. I had this thought; surely they wouldnt sell Coutinho and bring me AOC, 'fully fit and raring to go' and the ECHO understands that Klopp would not sanction an increased bid for Keita and is baffled by links to (anyone better and less injury prone than aoc).

Im paranoid arn't I ?

I had a moment last night, pure FSG panic set in. I had this thought; surely they wouldnt sell Coutinho and bring me AOC, 'fully fit and raring to go' and the ECHO understands that Klopp would not sanction an increased bid for Keita and is baffled by links to (anyone better and less injury prone than aoc).

Im paranoid arn't I ?

kdKdw.gif

Im paranoid arn't I ?

kdKdw.gif
I know its mad, but it happened and i thought that putting it out there would circumvent any chance of it happening!

Some great news for Liverpool fans to read today - Barcelona have reportedly ended their interest in Philippe Coutinho !

The Reds have absolutely no intention of offloading their Brazil international, but Barca have a jaw-dropping £198m to use to fill a Neymar-shaped hole in their squad - and Coutinho was their number one target.

However, reports in Italy have now claimed that Barca have turned their attention to Juventus star Paulo Dybala.

if Barcelona want a direct replacement for Neymar surely they would go after someone more direct as coutinho is better deployed deeper.

However I think they'll have to change their tactics as there aren't a great many quality left sided attacking players around who are available to them with messi on the right, mbappe is the only one I can think of but he'd be better centrally. dyabla and coutinho would mean a change in formation it'll be interesting to see how they line up next year.

I think they'll actually want a couple of players to replace Neymar but clubs know they have a ton of money so anyone they go for will be costly.

This isn't by any means over they will make another bid but they'll need more than just coutinho in my opinion.

The Mirror reckon Barcelona will offer us 120m and the club will accept.

If t it goes through it might actually wake our fans base up to what is going on at the club. The way the club operate in the transfer market there will be no time to get an anywhere near competent replacement.

Coutinho must also know that the way our club is run that he is unlikely to win anything if he stays here.

If t it goes through it might actually wake our fans base up to what is going on at the club. The way the club operate in the transfer market there will be no time to get an anywhere near competent replacement.

Coutinho must also know that the way our club is run that he is unlikely to win anything if he stays here.

I read last night on twitter that this was happening, I think FSGs PR team must read forums and fans reactions on twitter and even they must see what our reaction will be like if he goes and we don't sign Van Dijk and Keita. I don't think they'd be that stupid to be honest, it's all about image for them it would be a very bad look for them to sell him now, he will 100% be gone by this time next year mind.

Like I've said before I'd consider selling Coutinho on the condition that we sign Van Dijk, Keita and another high profile player, whether that's Aubameyang or another top player in a position we need improving like Oblak. He's going either way, whether that's now, January or next summer and I think most fans know this and only the deluded thinks he's here beyond next summer, so as long as we improve the squad with his sale then that's all we can ask for.

Ah yes, the daily manc. They were the ones sensationalising the fact Coutinho wasnt travelling to Dublin yesterday and someone else took that to mean Coutinho had asked to leave.

The manc later amended later additions to say Coutinho wasnt travelling due to a back injury but job done as far as they were concerned.

Do you want Russian or Chinese gangsters,or Saudi money men as owners? This seems to be the only other option in today's climate.

Haha the Spanish media get Johnny two Yachts Henry.

Sport Witness

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness

·

1h

Replying to @Sport_Witness

'It should not be forgotten that the British club is run by a fund, FSG, led by John Henry, which is basically driven by money and profits.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/liverpool-da-ok-traspaso-por-coutinho-6210155

• Upvote 1