You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I really don't get the desperate measures these so called journalists and pundits try to take for us to constantly sell our best players. This rivals the windows when they wanted us to sell Suarez to Arsenal and then again the following year.

Why? I don't see the same stupid opinions about the mancs or Arsenal or Chelseas best players?

They're also desperate for Bale to join the Mancs.

I really don't get the desperate measures these so called journalists and pundits try to take for us to constantly sell our best players. This rivals the windows when they wanted us to sell Suarez to Arsenal and then again the following year.

Why? I don't see the same stupid opinions about the mancs or Arsenal or Chelseas best players?

None of the other big clubs have been as willing in recent years as us to sell their best players.

• Upvote 1

If you consider Arsenal selling a 30 year old Thierry Henry to be comparable to selling 27 year old Suarez and 20 year old Sterling.

Arsenal sold van persie who promptly won the league the following season with united. They sold fabregas, vermaelen, nasri and clichy off the top of my head and Im no arsenal fan.

Arsenal sold players to fund the emirates. It's paid up now and they're spending plenty.

What's FSG's excuse?

they'd really really really really like to spend big but the big bad clubs won't sell to them. Sure at least they tried what more can we ask for?
  • Upvote 1

Its not just them wanting to sell players either. They were only in the two minutes and Torres wanted to fuck off cause he knew they weren't going to push the club forward.

The Torres sale was a great decision. In hindsight, he can talk about ambition all he wants and make excuses, but the analysis of where he was as a player at the time and what he would look like in the future was spot on. 

The Torres sale was a great decision. In hindsight, he can talk about ambition all he wants and make excuses, but the analysis of where he was as a player at the time and what he would look like in the future was spot on.

Yea and Im sure the baseball men with no interest in football knew all about that.

They got lucky he was already finished. Point is a top player knew he couldnt waste his career at Liverpool and one league cup proves him right.

• Upvote 1

Philippe Coutinho will plead with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to let him join Barcelona. If the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder does leave, Klopp will target 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic. (Sunday Mirror)

Philippe Coutinho will plead with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to let him join Barcelona. If the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder does leave, Klopp will target 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic. (Sunday Mirror)

Why am I not surprised the Sunday Manc is going with that?