You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Your point? Pogba is having a shit season as have plenty of top top players, plus we are on about current form. If a club was to be interested in Lallana his price would be high enough. 

My point is that not a single club that deems themselves better then us would consider buying Lallana. 

Guest Pistonbroke

My point is that not a single club that deems themselves better then us would consider buying Lallana. 

You asked them all have you? Plus your point didn't come over that way, you just wanted to slag the player off. 

One mediocre season under Rodgers and he's been fucking superb ever since Klopp took over. He's absolutely crucial to the success of this team.

Last year he played 30 premier league matches and scored 4 goals, hardly a success, but he has been very good this season so far ill give him that, but being scared of him leaving or potential buyers is a joke. 

You asked them all have you? Plus your point didn't come over that way, you just wanted to slag the player off. 

Slag him off ? i said he has had two terrible seasons and many people will agree with that. i dont think that 5 and 4 goals is anywhere near medium or better, its terrible. its not slagging him of. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke most clubs dont buy players because they have 10 good games, only our club has been doing that for a number of years, the others that we compete with usually know better then that. 

He's had more than 10 good games, plus clubs have a large tendency to buy players on current form and not what went before, as long as said player is deemed to suit what they are looking for and in a lot of cases based on how they perform in the big games or the international scene. 

I've been wrong about Coutinho. I used to think he was very replaceable but it's obvious now that we hadn't been putting the pieces around him for him to thrive. 

I think as long as we can at least get Champions League football next season we'll keep hold of him because Real and Barca have transfer and money issues. However, if we somehow fail to even finish 4th I wouldn't blame him one bit for wanting to go.

I would consider it an honour to be able to watch him line up alongside Suarez, Messi and Neymar next season.

We should be doing everything we can to help Barca surpass our European Cup tally. I think they are currently tied on 5 with ourselves. Also everytime we have played them in recent memory we have beaten them. Including a win in the Nou Camp and putting 4 past them without reply in a friendly. We shouldn't really begrudge them the pick of our best players. They transcend mere mortal football teams like us.

• Upvote 2

I hope we keep Coutinho and go on to win the biggest prizes with him in the team. Just thinking out loud for a second, and I'm not suggesting he's a replacement, but where does Allan play?

He's supposed to be a special player, but young, so out on loan to gain experience.

Stoke and you spelt his name wrong...

(he is on loan at Hertha Berlin)

but where does Allan play?

He's supposed to be a special player, but young, so out on loan to gain experience.

Allan is a CM.  Don't think he is anything like Coutinho.

He doesn't need to say it.

You know it though don't you?

I know the media are agitating and it does follow a familiar pattern. Whether Coutinho is complicit in any of it is another matter. We're led to believe Suarez is bending his ear .

I hope the lad sits tight for a while and realises he wont get anything like the level of support there as Klopp gives him at Liverpool and he's not got the consistency or quite the talent Suarez had , A few bad games there and the media will be on his back and he'll be watching more than playing . No issue giving him more money