You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Similar to quite a few goals he's scored for us. Hope he doesn't fuck off to Spain.

I'm hoping it might make some his mates realize that Liverpool with Klopp is the place to be. Coutinho, Firmino plus Neymar would be quite nice.

I'm just going to enjoy Coutinho while he's here.

If he goes we'all get a massive fee. If he stays, fine.

Klopp is the star, he'all just unearth some new star.

Coutinho might want to stay with Klopp for a year or so more before inevitably going.

• Upvote 4

The consistency thing with Coutinho was a fair criticism in previous years, but even then we shouldn't overdo it, for various reasons.

These days?

He's world class. We've always known he was talented but he's putting it all together now. Some weeks he is head and shoulders above anything else on the pitch, scoring, assisting and generally orchestrating a devastating attacking display.

Obviously when that happens you will get the vultures circling. There's no need for us to sell the player from a financial point of view. I can't see Klopp wanting him to go either. So it will boil down to the player's wishes. If his head gets turned and he wants to go, then at that point you do the best deal you can, as you can't keep a player - or at least you can't for very long - who wants to go.

Coutinho is loved here. He has it good on that front. He has friends here and is settled, too. We should give him a raise and keep going in the way we have been on the pitch. Hopefully this will all add up to him staying for a long while yet.

This probably should go in the 'shitness of modern football' where you have to keep raising a players pay packet to keep them. How about simply just getting another contract on the same extortionate salary they are already on but maybe throw in a few incentives instead?

I have admiration for clubs with a salary cap and want players to actually appreciate what they have and just want to play football at a good level. We are currently at a top level and have a great manager so if anybody wants to hold the club to ransom or leave,let them go. There are always plenty more fish in the sea and our manager is capable of hooking some of the best.

He seems pretty happy here, who knows, maybe he wants to stay. He's already a global star and one of Brazil's top players, it's not as if he can't achieve his ambitions here. Plus, he's working for the best manager in the world. Not everyone has to play for one of those Spanish cunt teams, and if we're winning trophies there's no reason for him to leave.

Phil, you stay.

• Upvote 1

Ideally he wants to be here and stays, but I'm a lot more confident that is he went we will ultimately improve as a team under Klopp than I would have been in the last few years.

While I still think the squad is a bit lacking in depth in some areas the team has definitely improved and Klopp will steer us right and get the best out of us.

Guest Pistonbroke

Would hate to see him go and reckon he'll stay another couple of seasons. The only positives I can see is that we'll get a massive fee and we'll get to see him with MSN. Unbelievable thought!

No way could Barca play all 4 in the positions they are best at. If they make a move for Coutinho it will be as Neymar's replacement imo.