You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Did well for Vasco when he first got into the team, though they did play in the 2nd division at the time.

I think he only played about 10 top division games before he moved.

He is classic case of someone who moved too early, victim of the pressure put on him by his agents and investors, as well as the hype that always comes here when they is a new attacking prospect.

I think he will be a good player in time but would be really wary of paying too much for him. Very unproven.

Did well for Vasco when he first got into the team, though they did play in the 2nd division at the time.

I think he only played about 10 top division games before he moved.

He is classic case of someone who moved too early, victim of the pressure put on him by his agents and investors, as well as the hype that always comes here when they is a new attacking prospect.

I think he will be a good player in time but would be really wary of paying too much for him. Very unproven.

On that basis we'll probably end up bidding 16 million pounds for him then?

Guest San Don
On that basis we'll probably end up bidding 16 million pounds for him then?

Yeah because from the start of this season, we've been massively overpaying for players havent we? :whistle:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I hope some of your recent positivness rubs off on me

I love a bit of positivity, me. I'd also love Coutinho, but I can't see why they'd let him go for anywhere near what we'd pay for him.

I love a bit of positivity, me. I'd also love Coutinho, but I can't see why they'd let him go for anywhere near what we'd pay for him.

Seeing that he played about 30 games for Inter in a little under three years, I am not sure they are all that keen on him.

Would not pay much more than we have apparently offered. As I said, talented but unproven.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Seeing that he played about 30 games for Inter in a little under three years' date=' I am not sure they are all that keen on him.

Would not pay much more than we have apparently offered. As I said, talented but unproven.[/quote']

He is only just 20 though, mate. Not sure you can judge much on appearances. He also we.t out on load in that time.

He is only just 20 though, mate. Not sure you can judge much on appearances. He also we.t out on load in that time.

I know and I am not writing the lad off. I lived in Rio when he was breaking through and he certainly has talent. Should have waited with the move and played in the top division here for a couple of seasons I think, just like Oscar did before moving to Chelsea.

I would be delighted if we got him, though I would not pay much more than what has been stated so far.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know and I am not writing the lad off. I lived in Rio when he was breaking through and he certainly has talent. Should have waited with the move and played in the top division here for a couple of seasons I think, just like Oscar did before moving to Chelsea.

I would be delighted if we got him, though I would not pay much more than what has been stated so far.

I don't mind overpaying to insure we get a player, just as long as they're decent enough to warrant it.