You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Excellent whilst he was here. Then we got good money for him, and bought two players that have transformed the team. 

Not doing very well at Barcelona.

Nevermind.

Agree with Jair on this , he was very good for us , let’s not rewrite history , but selling him has turned out a cracking deal.

Never have I felt so happy to sell a key player and very few times have we become better for it. 

Pretty sure they are looking to move him on but I do not want him back. I still get angry when I think about him crying when he scored for Brazil after we had denied him his move in the Summer whilst he had not played a game for us feigning back problems. FreeCoutinho was trending. You are free now to fuck off wherever you want man, u made your bed.

Edit: refer above image for the crying. Dickhead.

15 minutes ago, skaro said:

For half the price he left us, sure.

Which would probably mean Barca still owe money for him after that.

I’d break our transfer record for him. He’d allow us to rest any of our front three. We’d  have the options to start with the below:

1. Mane Firmino Salah

2. Coutinho Firmino Salah

3. Coutinho Salah Mane

4. Coutinho Firmino Mane

I would have him back but the money would be silly . He made a bad call and looks lost now.

The club should never have let him go in January window but cashed in on the huge fee on offer.It didn't do us any real damage unlike Suarez who cynically used the WC to get himself a cut price move and left us fucked for the next season. Xabi gets no stick for downing tools and forcing an exit to Madrid. I think Coutinho is decent lad at heart and would play his best for us if he ever got a second chance. After last night I am feeling very benign as you can probably tell ! 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

He was on his way to being a genuine star for us under Klopp, the fans would have loved him, he could have become an icon.

Now he's the anonymous cog in the Barca machine.

He's not anonymous. Their fans hate him!

Lovely little footballer at his best, but I'd doubt whether he has the pathological will to win of a Van Dijk, Milner, Fabinho, Robertson, Mane, Salah or even his own team-mate Suarez.

We haven't failed to reach a European Cup Final since he left.

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I honestly think we should rescue him in the summer. He’d complete our team.

Maybe. We all know what he can do. There are some negatives too I’m afraid:

1. He’s a bit soft. When things go against him, instead of working harder he sort of drops his head

2. His pressing game isn’t good enough. To press the way we do we need all men to the pumps.

3. The way he left us, trying to force his exit, feigning injury, the leave mid season. This team is built on togetherness and team spirit.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I honestly think we should rescue him in the summer. He’d complete our team.

1. He’s a bit soft. When things go against him, instead of working harder he sort of drops his head.

2. His pressing game isn’t good enough. To press the way we do we need all men to the pumps.

3. The way he left us, trying to force his exit, feigning injury, the leave mid season. This team is built on togetherness and team spirit.  

I don’t remember Xabi downing tools.  Rafa tried to fuck him off the season before for Gareth Barry which people love to put down to the mythical shit two years he had.  Madrid can’t un for him and he asked to leave and the club let him go.  It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had the club tried to force him to stay but we didn’t so don’t make shit up.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

1. He’s a bit soft. When things go against him, instead of working harder he sort of drops his head.

4.  He’s slow as fuck.

5.  He’s found out by too many teams - just keep him on his left foot. 

6.  He’s hardly made of the right stuff.