You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

The wee fella will pick up any medal that we win this year as well as any Barca win.

Hate the player dont hate the game

Rightfully so too. Played a much bigger part in our potential champions league win than many of the players who'll play Tuesday.
  • Downvote 3

I reckon he might wish he hung around til the end of the season instead of fucking off in January.

Long term though he definitely won't miss us, and obviously we haven't missed him either so it's all good.

Shows that nobody is irreplaceable anyway, even though we haven't actually replaced him but whatever we're doing alright.

He’ll miss Liverpool in the same way Suarez has, as in not at all. Great player, wish he was still here.

I don't. I think we've improved after he left. Klopp's style demands hard work from everyone on the pitch and let's face it - Phil was never one to put in more than necessary when we didn't have the ball. 

We got £14m for him and got VVD. I'd swap them 1:1 if necessary. 

I don't. I think we've improved after he left. Klopp's style demands hard work from everyone on the pitch and let's face it - Phil was never one to put in more than necessary when we didn't have the ball. 

We got £14m for him and got VVD. I'd swap them 1:1 if necessary. 

Mate -- seriously?

We had games where the wee fella made 10 tackles.

For the team as we are I can see having the conversation that Oxo AND VVD make us better but lets not get silly. Coutinho was absolute quality and for long stretches was our only quality.

• Upvote 1

While I completely disagree with the notion that Coutinho didn't have the requisite work rate to play in this team - in many of our best performances under Klopp, Coutinho's pressing was as impressive as his goals/assists - we definitely look a more balanced side overall now. Selling Coutinho without a replacement always looked to be a defining moment of Klopp's reign; thankfully it looks like it's not in the way I feared!