You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Patronising guff.

It's possible to acknowledge the constraints Klopp is working under without perceiving him as a "naive yokel", and at the same time bear frustration towards our mingebag owners.

it is.  But there is no evidence to say they're being mingy with their bag since Klopp joined.  Only hysteria.

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with Klopp doing what Klopp wants to do. If it fails, it's on him. If he cannot buy, then we've got a problem.

And how will you know if he cannot buy?

It will never be made obvious by FSG, they are so thickly cloaked in PR and spin. I've seen it said on here that we should give it until the end of next summer, by which time we could have bought and sold more players so it keeps rolling onto the next window and the next. When is the line drawn?

it is. But there is no evidence to say they're being mingy with their bag since Klopp joined. Only hysteria.

Doesn't mingebag mean tight and careful? There's tonnes of evidence of that.

I think mingebags is a fair adjective, it's not like he said they were crooks or ripping us off!

And how will you know if he cannot buy?

It will never be made obvious by FSG, they are so thickly cloaked in PR and spin. I've seen it said on here that we should give it until the end of next summer, by which time we could have bought and sold more players so it keeps rolling onto the next window and the next. When is the line drawn?

The summer window, for me. If we don't buy anybody now or the summer, it's game on.

The summer window, for me. If we don't buy anybody now or the summer, it's game on.

Okay what would that take? We already know we're buying Keita, so Keita and maybe a top goalkeeper? Great. But what if we bring in another £40m in odd sales?

What is it you're expecting, or hoping for in order for the gloves to stay on?

Okay what would that take? We already know we're buying Keita, so Keita and maybe a top goalkeeper? Great. But what if we bring in another £40m in odd sales?

Keita doesn't count.  He's a given.

Two more top quality requirements.

Keita doesn't count. He's a given.

Two more top quality requirements.

Same for me. Keita plus two, preferably a goalkeeper and forward/striker, with no significant outgoings and no prospect of any the following January.

I'm not at all hopeful that will happen though, especially if we don't qualify for the CL which has just been made more difficult.

agreed  i think  Klopp has  proved  he will sit back  and wait for  the right player plus i really dont think we will miss Coutinho as much as some think.However i  do find it cuntish that ive not seen anything in regards to some sort  of thank you from him to the fans and club 

I'm expecting a Coutinho replacement in the region of 50-100m. I'm expecting probably another keeper for 40m. Then another player or two of around 15-30m. That's over the two windows. That's in addition to Naby. Naby plus the first two would prove there was money made available.

• Upvote 1

Coutinho's free kicks and ability to score out of nothing and from distance will be hugely missed, especially in park the bus games.

Look at the state of our shooting accuracy from midfield - henderson, ox, lallana, can, wijnaldum, milner.

The pressure on the front 3 is absolutely huge now. Hopefully vvd can sort the defence but god knows about the midfield

Fuck Philippe Coutinho.  Fuck his thigh injury, fuck his new shirt number, fuck his free-kicks, fuck his mazy dribbles, fuck his trademark curlers into the top corner, fuck Brazil, fuck Barcelona, fuck Unicef, fuck the BBC's live blog of his "unveiling", fuck Nike, fuck Barcelona again, fuck Luis Suarez, fuck Paulinho, fuck Messi, fuck Johan Cruyff, fuck his shitty turn, fuck La Liga, fuck the Ballon d'Or, fuck twitter, fuck Xavi, fuck Andres Iniesta, fuck the Nou Camp, fuck Las Ramblas, fuck Tapas, fuck everything. 

• Upvote 1

I'm expecting a Coutinho replacement in the region of 50-100m. I'm expecting probably another keeper for 40m. Then another player or two of around 15-30m. That's over the two windows. That's in addition to Naby. Naby plus the first two would prove there was money made available.

And presumably you expect no significant outgoings in the next 3 windows to fund any of that?

So you expect us to sell to buy? Or worse, sell and not buy?

Honestly not sure what you're saying.

I expect to buy when we choose to sell. I expect to buy less when we don't. If we don't sign anybody or reinvest the substantial sums we've made from the sale of Coutinho, then I'll have an issue with it. I expect we will, though. It's a fairly balanced position to take.