You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Guest Alex_K

In isolation I would not be too bothered about Coutinho (he is infinitely better playing from the left forward than he is midfield; there are ample number of quality wide forwards to turn to), however for it to happen now when we have a fair run at going deep in Europe with no guarantee of being in the European Cup imminently again is very grating.

We really will look like proper mugs if we do not bring in a top quality replacement this window, and fall short of the top 4 places by a few points.

Pathetic doing this in January, dont give a fuck if we had De Bruyne or Hazard lined up as replacements, it just makes no sense risking top 4 and weakening ourselves for the CL. This could easily have waited 5 months, then at least any new player has time to get used to our system, pressing etc and can play the full European campaign. Crazy and needless risk and feels shit spending money following us round the country and Europe when we seemingly have no ambition to be the best we can be ourselves.

It is not good to know there are people who think you can treat people like chattels and slaves in this day and age by letting people rot in the reserves because they want to persue something else somewhere else but whatever you want in life I supose.

Mate nobody's treating him like a chattel or slave. He's under contract, he's being highly paid even if he's not playing for the first team. He wants to go, we want him to stay until he have a replacement- simple deal that works for both parties.

If you think a contract is meaningless and a player should be able to go whenever and wherever he wants regardless of the situation it leaves his club in, then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

If we were seriously linked to bringing him back one day I would be disappointed (the striking little bastard). Playing well for us for half a season hasn't made up for the way he behaved just before the start of it and immediately after it, and we could have done with his paid services in the last 2 games. So I could be feeling worse about his departure.

• Upvote 1

Mate nobody's treating him like a chattel or slave. He's under contract, he's being highly paid even if he's not playing for the first team. He wants to go, we want him to stay until he have a replacement- simple deal that works for both parties.

If you think a contract is meaningless and a player should be able to go whenever and wherever he wants regardless of the situation it leaves his club in, then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree.

No mate. My attitude is if someone does not want to play for Liverpool get rid on our terms and we move on. All this let him rot in the reserves is nothing short of modern day slavery. We disagree.

Disappointing that he's going in Jan, would like to have kept him until the end of the season. But we're getting good money for him and hopefully we'll have a good replacement lined up. The sulking in the summer aside, he's been a model professional, scored many crucial goals and has been just wonderful to watch for 5 years so I don't have any hard feelings towards him. 

Barca are getting a truly fantastic footballer.

Modern slavery? Fucking hell we have some bad melts on here. Wasn't there someone else on here the other day worrying about Coutinho not being able to take a holiday if he was forced to move in the summer.

Quote Billy Bremner 1972 although he said white slavery. Seems we have some bad melts here who do not know as much as they think they do eh.

No mate. My attitude is if someone does not want to play for Liverpool get rid on our terms and we move on. All this let him rot in the reserves is nothing short of modern day slavery. We disagree.

I can't remember any examples of players ever being left to rot in the reserves, I always assumed it was a running joke, like "he can go in the summer" etc.

Taking things a bit too seriously comparing a multi million pound employment contract to slavery.

I can't remember any examples of players ever being left to rot in the reserves, I always assumed it was a running joke, like "he can go in the summer" etc.

Taking things a bit too seriously comparing a multi million pound employment contract to slavery.

Yes that is what they said to Jean Marc Bosman.

Absolutely gutted to see him go now.

Even more so if we do not buy anyone, playing with fire if we think we won't miss him for the rest of the season fine margins he could of been the difference between 2nd to 4th in the league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk