You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

The summer 6 months away. That's an eternity in modern football. No need to rush to market on this at all. I would send Nike a copy of Phil's contract, signed up to 2022, and suggest they stick a fucking Barcelona shirt on that. No deal now, not for Jan, and not for the summer. If they want him, they can come back in June when he will likely be worth even more.

• Upvote 3

Best to sell in January so it frees up the summer for Barca to go for Salah.

I don't think Salah is cut from the same cloth.

Salah is the sort of player who, if Barca offered £150m I'd hope the club told them to fuck off, or only sell at £250m.

Salah can be persuaded to stay, I don't think Coutinho can.

Coutinho has done interviews in the past where he's spoke about wanting to become an LFC legend.

Torres said all the right things during his time here right up until he went to fucking Chelsea.

Bottom line is I wouldn't have faith in any player moving on and If Madrid came in for Salah in a couple of years it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to move as well.

• Upvote 1

Coutinho has done interviews in the past where he's spoke about wanting to become an LFC legend.

Torres said all the right things during his time here right up until he went to fucking Chelsea.

Bottom line is I wouldn't have faith in any player moving on and If Madrid came in for Salah in a couple of years it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to move as well.

This. They all talk the talk and then they walk.

I wasn't really talking about soft soaping football fans.

Hopefully some of this is true as it would have players knocking on the door asking for a pay-rise!

Reports are surfacing that some senior Barcelona stars are unhappy about the potential arrival of Philippe Coutinho at the Nou Camp.

The Liverpool star is expected to be the subject of further bids from Barca this month, with some reports suggesting that the Catalan giants are ready to make a €150million offer for the 25-year-old.

Coutinho is also expected to earn a huge pay deal, bettered only by Lionel Messi, and that is said to have angered the likes of Gerard Pique, Sergio Busquets and Luis Suarez.

The Brazilian playmaker is expected to net around €14million per season if he makes his expected move, which is on a par with the trio of Barca’s top stars.

The report on Calciomercato adds that Messi and Barca veteran Andres Iniesta have had to calm their team-mates down over the issue – telling them that Coutinho’s arrival will only benefit Ernesto Valverde’s men in the long run.

The €150m fee will also provide a boost to Inter Milan, who inserted a small sell-on clause when they sold Coutinho to Liverpool for €13m in January 2013.

And about Lallana, it would be a temporary fix until we get someone in the summer. There is a gap in quality but he is really up for it and can fill that position well.

The one where he bangs in free kicks and 30+ yard screamers.  Yeah I think not.

The one where he bangs in free kicks and 30+ yard screamers.  Yeah I think not.

Trent Alexander Arnold on freekicks

Fuck knows on distance shots,been saying for ages we do not have enough player capable of a pop from outside the box