You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

His first game will be tricky. Bringing him off the bench will focus attention on him. Boooooooo.

I'd start him in an away fixture. Cup game away to Leicester 19th. 

I cant see many booing him to be fair, half the groud rose to their feet and cheered for AOC who had only been linked with us last week...i know it was partly in jest aswell but fuck me..cheer a player who we had been linked to and boo a player who has been superb for us.

Like i said tho i can imagine it will be a small minority.

That #Freecoutinho thing on twitter is hilarious. Going to go through it and have a good chuckle later

(I've got nothing on)

Some International fans obviously don't understand what contracts are.

Brilliant stuff.

Just spent ten minutes winding a few of them up. The hashtag appears to have redefined the definition of slavery.

I think it will be like falling off your bike. You get right back on and go again!

I think he will be on the bench after the travel and time out, but I'm hoping he will come on and score a spectacular winner, as that will help all this to blow over, and the three points will be nice too.

The longer he doesn't play, the more of a 'thing' it becomes...

he normally takes a quarter of the season to get going after a lay off.  I'm not optimistic.

• Upvote 1

Fuck him and Barcelona.

He's got a fucking contract. Honor it or give up your wages and Fuck off.

I hope the club fines him for the weeks he was "unavailable".

I find it hilarious that that cunt club had to cancel 2 presentations meant for him and that we stuck to our guns. It sends the message that we are not going to roll over for cunts trying to unsettle or players to get them on the cheap nor little bitches trying to force moves by acting like said little bitches

• Upvote 1

Fuck him and Barcelona.

He's got a fucking contract. Honor it or give up your wages and Fuck off.

I hope the club fines him for the weeks he was "unavailable".

I find it hilarious that that cunt club had to cancel 2 presentations meant for him and that we stuck to our guns. It sends the message that we are not going to roll over for cunts trying to unsettle or players to get them on the cheap nor little bitches trying to force moves by acting like said little bitches

They won't be fining him or doing anything that can possibly be construed as breach of contract as much as he deserves it 

Gerrard tried to leave - twice - but is still worshipped by the fans. Alonso, Mascherano and Suarez actually did leave, but are still held in high regard at Anfield. Ostracising Coutinho for having his head turned would be out of whack with how others in similar situations have been treated.

Is a fair point about Stevie. But I dont recall him or Alonso for that matter saying they'd lost trust in the manager. Nor that they didnt want to wear the shirt again nor get their mum or dad to brief the press on why they wanted away.

In fact, Id say it was totally wrong to include alonso since it was the manager who effectively forced him out.

Personally I dont get why mascherano is held in high regard after the stunt he pulled. Same with Suarez, fine as a player here but he resorted to sneaky actions to get out.

Exactly, plus we are treating him like a slave. A player should be able to move exactly when he wants to, according to them.

Hardly a slave on this occasion . FSG stated he wasn't for sale and didn't budge

They probably regretted making that statement in such unambiguous terms but with their credibility on the line they couldn't row back.  

They won't be fining him or doing anything that can possibly be construed as breach of contract as much as he deserves it

There will definitely be a condition in the contract dealing with misconduct, fines etc. If we fine him then that's not breach of contract, it's the condition of the contract being enacted. Where an issue may exist is that the club have said he was injured, even though he clearly wasn't.

• Upvote 1

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117

I have news regarding Barcelona’s summer window that got me speechless. The club are being run to the fucking ground by these people.

12:35 PM - 1 Sep 2017

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117 24m24 minutes ago

Barcelona knew Liverpool wouldn’t sell Coutinho from the start, they used the press to pretend they were trying. Theatrics, all of it.

24 replies178 retweets187 likes

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117 23m23 minutes ago

All that talk of talking to FSG directly, making multiple bids that never even reached anything close to what Liverpool would even consider.

3 replies84 retweets78 likes

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117 22m22 minutes ago

That €160m bid we all heard about? Barcelona never made a bid of more than €95m with stupid “Win Golden Ball” bonuses and similar.

16 replies129 retweets118 likes

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117 21m21 minutes ago

Bartomeu knows someone will take the fall for this window, Segura and Robert could get the sack, they fought amongst themselves all summer.

10 replies72 retweets75 likes

Rafael Hernández‏ @RafaelH117 17m17 minutes ago

I’m in an absolute state of rage like few times before with football. I am done, and might just take a long break. Enough is enough.