You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

First of all, don't sell him! He's a smashing player and he can make the difference to our prospects this year, however you rate those.

However...

If we do sell, we need players, not money! I don't care about £100M this or £120M that, or even £136M or whatever. We can't put the cash on the pitch! By all accounts were already struggling to spend the money we do have.

If the money for Coutinho helped to close deals for VVD and Keita, plus we got a replacement, say Draxler, plus another player to add some depth, say AOC, then I'd do it. But unless it's something like that the money is irrelevant. It will get squirreled away and only partially used on players later. This is the summer to kick on and making money is not kicking on!

If it's coutinho effectively pleading with barcelona via his agent to make another bid then it seems to fall into place.

If honestly be shocked if he wasn't on the phone to them on a daily basis. If those reconciliation rumours were true it leads you to believe they had actually pulled out.

If honestly be shocked if he wasn't on the phone to them on a daily basis. If those reconciliation rumours were true it leads you to believe they had actually pulled out.

Or, they are coming back in next year - and don't want him to think they caused all this shit to leave him high and dry. 

I cannot believe that his advisor's are that stupid. 

Sky egging this all on, I can believe. As they are manc loving cunts and always have been. 

Or, they are coming back in next year - and don't want him to think they caused all this shit to leave him high and dry.

Sky egging this all on, I can believe. As they are manc loving cunts and always have been.

If they don't get him this summer they'll be back and in greater numbers.

If it's coutinho effectively pleading with barcelona via his agent to make another bid then it seems to fall into place.

Unfortunately it's this that I have heard strong murmurings about. They are bidding simply because him and his agent are pestering them to keep bidding to wear Liverpool down. Barca will keep bidding until either he stops telling them to or the window is shut, I am sure. Or until the bid is accepted, whichever happens first.

There is no point in selling him now, we supposedly have plenty of money to spend yet we can not seam to spend it selling Coutinho will only boost that money by £100 plus million and we still wont spend it before the window closes leaving us without one of our best players. we will then end up with Johno Shelvey on loan till next summer because we are waiting to sign...... Pulsic,Reus Kieta, VVD because as we all know their clubs will sell next summer just not this summer.

Think you have to release players even if they are injured so that the individual country doc can then verify the injury, unless it's a really serious one.

That might be interesting then if Brazil look at him and decide he is fit...

He'll miracuously return to training for us just before to stop that situation though

I think Coutinho's feelings are somewhere near the bottom of the list of things that Barcelona care about,  He's a piece of meat that can play football quite well and if he can't be signed they wont give a fuck about the fact they promised he would be a Barca player by now and then couldn't deliver. Even lower down the list will be fact they unsettled a player under a long contract against the clubs wishes and clear statement he wasn't for sale, Our summer massively disrupted and missing our best player for some critical early season games,   

• Upvote 1