You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Hi last contract was negotiated with his previous agent as I understand it. Coutinho was so happy here and becoming our highest earner (or same as sturridge?) that either he or his then agent didnt want or ask for a sell on clause.

Im pretty sure joorabchian became his agent not long after signing the 5 and a half year deal. Whether that was just co incidence I dont know.

Are you sure? I thought he changed agents last summer, that would be 5 months before the new deal was negotiated.

Anfield, March 2018

Quarter final 2nd leg Champions league. Return leg. Liverpool vs Barcelona. First match ended 0-0.

Coutinho has a stinker. 65 mins on Barca lead 1-0, and Liverpool need 2 goals. Suddenly we’re rewarded a free kick from Philippe’s favorite position. As he prepares to take it Klopp takes him off! The man with three first names buries it. Later on Woodburn, Coutinho’s replacement, scores a cracker just as we enter injury time. In the celebrations there’s no Coutinho to be seen.

OK,it's late, I had a few too many and is dreamig.

Anybody else think Jermaine Jenas should keep his fucking nose out?

The larger issue is why the BBC consider a fairly mundane opinion piece by one of its staffers is considered to be the top news story on the football section of its website. Publicly funded self publicity.

• Upvote 1

I'm more worried that they're signing off on the purchase of fish and chips. It takes a multibillionaire to give the go-ahead to spend a few quid on chips?

It'd be a committee decision.

Needless to say some would fancy a Chinese, others would rather an Indian. But the spread sheet says fish and chips. And from a van. Not even an actual chippy.

The reason the lobster pot was closed the other day was at fsg's request when it was suggested they go there - when it was then suggested that they go the famous blue star as a plan b john henry said there wasn't another chippy in liverpool that could serve up a better chippy tea than the lobster pot so there was no plan b

James Pearce will Tweet any minute now saying we're not interested in any special offers from the local chippy. Not even a battered sausage......

Meanwhile, all other teams will have ordered, and be tucking into, a five course Chinese banquet.