You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

So why didnt it bother them when they did the transfer of him who went to chelsea? Were you saying the club were wrong to hold out for £50m then when wanting to have £15m 'surplus' after buying carroll?

Of course southampton would up their price. My point is, if we've got something like £120m for coutinho we'll still have £40m change IF we paid £80m for van Dijk.

What does it matter unless people want to moan about net fucking spend?

I personally don't think they'd sanction a deal for VVD if they felt they were being held over a barrel. 

Also I watched the LFCTV interview at the time when john henry said they wanted to make a £15 million profit on the Torres sale.

As owners they were only new in the job and had no idea how the football transfer market worked. 

When the details came out from newcastle about how they "negotiated" with liverpool it shows up John Henry was talking through his arse. 

Carroll was a desperation buy.

Klopp has wanted VVD the whole time.

How can people not see the difference?

What a fucking desparate argument that is. So you're not going to do the deal because one is desparation while the other is wanted? Fuck me, we are fucked.

Well d'uh! When we were having to pay £35m for carroll, the club wanted £50m for torres.

Derek LLambias on the Andy Carroll transfer

“It is about control.”  “We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.”  “We drew that F  deal, perhaps the ultimate.”

“So £30M? F off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.”  “£35M? Everybody including manager Alan Pardew all agreed to that.”

“But the £35M they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike Ashley said,  and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you  — “get all the £35M up front.””

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand  F interest.”

We shouldnt have to sell to buy?

Have we become so conditioned to things under the cunts?

Yeah...we should be buying the centre half and the midfielder we supposedly want anyway....Any money for Coutinho should be treated as something else and of course used to replace him and/or beef up squad.

It would be a fucking joke if we just bought VVD and sold Coutinho.

Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho - believed to be in the region of £114m.

Last week, the Reds rejected a £90m bid from the Spanish giants for the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder, who then submitted a transfer request.

Coutinho has missed the opening two games of Liverpool's season with a back injury, but the club has repeatedly stressed he is not for sale.

Despite that, Barca have previously said they are "close" to signing him.

On Thursday, responding to Barcelona general manager Pep Segura's claim that a deal was close, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "I don't know why other people are saying what they are saying.

"I don't even know them - especially this guy. I've never even met him."

The La Liga side have moved for Coutinho after selling Brazil team-mate Neymar to Paris St-Germain for a world record transfer fee of £200m.

Coutinho signed a new five-year deal at Anfield in January, which did not include a release clause.

He is also set to miss Saturday's home Premier League match against Crystal Palace.

Derek LLambias on the Andy Carroll transfer

“It is about control.”  “We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.”  “We drew that F  deal, perhaps the ultimate.”

“So £30M? F off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.”  “£35M? Everybody including manager Alan Pardew all agreed to that.”

“But the £35M they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike Ashley said,  and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you  — “get all the £35M up front.””

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand  F interest.”

And? Look, when the club was negotiating about carroll we knew torres was off to chelsea and didnt name their price to chelsea until the fee for carrol had been agreed. So, newcastle rinsed us for £35m but we rinsed chelsea for £50m. What is the issue? Some comments from llambias who was negotiating with comoli and Kenny? OK, big deal.

Let's be clear, LFC are right to reject barcelona's offer even without the huge add ons. Ive said £150m cash or fuck off. Id be tempted at £130m. So southampton then say you can have van dijk for £80m, £85m. Again, what's the issue about them rinsing us if we've got £130m cash for coutinho?

We're not going to do the deal with southampton because we're upset they rung another £15m - £20m out of us when we made a profit of nearly £120m on a player?

Yeah, yeah, it buys another yatch blah, blah, blah and we shouldnt have to sell to buy. People really saying that's reason enough not to do the van dijk deal?

I see no problem selling for £125m - in normal circumstances. But as things stand at present - no fucking chance! 

I don't understand the criticism of FSG - they will invest the funds, they have never not done so. The problem is how they have invested them - why bother with two world class players, when you can buy 7 potentially world class players (who can also be 7 so so players). 

Also pretty obvious to anyone objective that Southampton are clearly waiting on the outcome of this for their valuation of VVD. 

I do wonder if VVD, and Draxler were on board, whether we would feel different. However it is moot - he isn't going. And Barcelona are being cunts - but that is fine, because it is okay when people are cunts with us. 

What a fucking desparate argument that is. So you're not going to do the deal because one is desparation while the other is wanted? Fuck me, we are fucked.

No idea what you're on about there.

I think we should buy VVD for anything up to £80m.

I was replying to a previous poster comparing the VVD situation to the Carroll situation, which to my mind incomparable.

I see no problem selling for £125m - in normal circumstances. But as things stand at present - no fucking chance! 

I don't understand the criticism of FSG - they will invest the funds, they have never not done so. The problem is how they have invested them - why bother with two world class players, when you can buy 7 potentially world class players (who can also be 7 so so players). 

Also pretty obvious to anyone objective that Southampton are clearly waiting on the outcome of this for their valuation of VVD. 

I do wonder if VVD, and Draxler were on board, whether we would feel different. However it is moot - he isn't going. And Barcelona are being cunts - but that is fine, because it is okay when people are cunts with us. 

We fucked southampton's desire to get an auction going, that's what they really wanted. I can understand their position, if you're going to lose a player you want to get the best price for him. That's football.

If we sold coutinho for a lump sum of £125m to £150m I'd do the deal. Would southampton do a deal? I dont know but the point remains, any club we do business with knows we have a pile of money to burn. We might not want to sell coutinho but we know barcelona have a pile of notes as do dortmund and everyone else.

Yes, we'll end up paying more but so what? People cant say oh we cant spend because clubs will rinse us then go on and on about net spend, yatchs and stuff.

No idea what you're on about there.

I think we should buy VVD for anything up to £80m.

I was replying to a previous poster comparing the VVD situation to the Carroll situation, which to my mind incomparable.

Fair enough apologies.

We need good players far more than we need money.

Let's imagine we manage to sign VVD, Keita and Draxler and then sell Coutinho. I'd be OK with that, albeit reluctantly, because I thought we'd sign VVD and Keita and also keep Coutinho. But if it's three good players in, and one out, fine. We can live with that.

But let's say we sell Coutinho first. And then let's imagine we can't land our preferred targets, so not only are we losing our best player, but we're then rummaging around in the bargain bin to find someone just before the clock strikes midnight.

So, no deal on Coutinho. Not unless we get the players we need first. And even then, I'd want all the money up front, given their windfall.

Fuck Barca and their cash. We dont need cash, we need good players, and we've signed ONE quality player this summer. Selling Coutinho will make it this transfer window a lot worse. Barca will be back next summer, and then we'll have had a full year to find a replacement. Not that that's a guarantee for anything knowing our lot, but whatever.

I love it, Barcelona looked like a wet fart against Real and now they are looking real desperate coming crawling back again and again just to be told FUCK. OFF.

I only wish more clubs would start telling them to fuck off...

Take your 200 and whatever-the-fuck-they-gave-you and go illegally buy some more underaged talents from south-america... you dirty fucks you. God I hate Barcelona!

• Upvote 2

I love it, Barcelona looked like a wet fart against Real and now they are looking real desperate coming crawling back again and again just to be told FUCK. OFF.

I only wish more clubs would start telling them to fuck off...

Take your 200 and whatever-the-fuck-they-gave-you and go illegally buy some more underaged talents from south-america... you dirty fucks you. God I hate Barcelona!

I dread to think what we would look like, if we played Real Madrid. They would tear us a new arsehole.

• Upvote 9

Part of the add-ons was based on him winning the Balon D'or, fuck me they are embarrassing offering that, they might aswell put in add-ons that they'll give us £20m extra if Barcelona win the World Cup. What the fuck are they playing at, whatever FSG and Klopp decide is a number that they simply can't turn down because let's face it every player has his price no matter what the circumstances are they should just tell them what it is, demand it upfront and say that's it, if it's £150m tell Barca to not bother coming back in for him unless it's £150m straight up otherwise go after your alternatives, unless that alternative is Keita! If it is let them have Phil for £50m!