You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Mate, United have

Bailly, Lindehoff, Smalling, Jones - all better than Klavan and Lovren

Chelsea, Rudiger, Luis, Cahil, Zouma, Christienson - same

Spurs - Aldwervlelediele, Vertonghan, Wimmer, Dier and now the new lad. All better than Klavan and lovren

Arsenal - shit defense, so yep we've got one up on them! 

Everton, West Ham, Southampon and West Brom all have better choices at centre half than Klavan and Lovren!

It is a shit state of affairs mate - instead of a 28 year old who has done his bit. Get a young lad in, who can improve. Because as much of a fan of Matip as I am - he isn't world class either, so push him as well.

The drop in quality between VVD and Klavan is frightening and for a club who will need to use their 4th choice defender (3rd at the moment!) during a full season, it is going to come back and bite Klopp on the arse.  

Hate saying it but united are a bigger draw than us right now.

And Im not saying you cant have a better standard than klavan or lovren for that matter. What Im saying is a first team regular, in this example Ake, isnt going to come here and be told he's klavan's replacement. He'll want gaurantees about playing in the first team and not just the odd league cup game.

We could have gone for keane but I seem to remember a lot of people saying he's shit, we dont want him.

Hate saying it but united are a bigger draw than us right now.

And Im not saying you cant have a better standard than klavan or lovren for that matter. What Im saying is a first team regular, in this example Ake, isnt going to come here and be told he's klavan's replacement. He'll want gaurantees about playing in the first team and not just the odd league cup game.

We could have gone for keane but I seem to remember a lot of people saying he's shit, we dont want him.

The singular problem is that Klopp thinks Klavan and Lovren are better than they are.

We got Agger, to compete with Hypia and Carragher, and then added Skrtel - we could get an experienced player like Subotic or Kjaar, or a young upcoming lad - they'll all be better than Klavan. 

Worth it to stop his goals against us.

Think he has something like 4 career goals and 3 of them are against us!

The minute Ake went back to Chelsea, Bmouth fell to bits for 6 weeks.

Chelsea sold us Solanke. We should have been in for him.

We are asleep at the fucking wheel.

Atrocious.

Can't believe Klopp is party to, or happy with, all this inertia.

As Ive said in previous posts though, people are fixated on a player being better than a klavan. Ake wont have come here to be considered a better choice than klavan. He was playing regularly for bournemouth.

First team regulars at other clubs arent going to come here to be consider just a better option than klavan. Id pretty much say he'd have only come on being told he was gauranteed to start which partly the reason transfers are difficult nowadays.

And i still maintain people wouldnt have been enamoured about us signing Ake when the window opened.

Ake would have gone straight in the side with Matip for me. No worries there.

125m euro bid by barcelona made.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4802896/Barcelona-make-125m-bid-Liverpool-s-Philippe-Coutinho.html

Barcelona have submitted a new bid of €125million for Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho.

The La Liga giants are desperate to land the Brazilian after selling Neymar to PSG and could be willing to go as high as €130m to bring Coutinho to the Nou Camp.

Reds Boss Jurgen Klopp has insisted his star man is not for sale at any price, despite the 25-year-old formally submitting a transfer request last week.

More to follow. 

I can see the problem there...

Yeah, me too.

But surely, given the window we've had so far, the owners wouldn't be so stupid as to not give it to him?

They can then keep the "warchest" that was promised at the start of the season, and the Phil money will only have cost them the £8.5m or whatever Phil cost originally.

As cuntish as it sounds, it's win-win for the owners.

If we did agree to sell him for €125m and we then went to Southampton for VVD can you imagine the kind of price they'd quote us. 

They'd know the we'd be desperate as a club to get signing's in not just Southampton but any other club we try and buy from with less than 2 weeks of the window left.

Yeah, me too.

But surely, given the window we've had so far, the owners wouldn't be so stupid as to not give it to him?

They can then keep the "warchest" that was promised at the start of the season, and the Phil money will only have cost them the £8.5m or whatever Phil cost originally.

As cuntish as it sounds, it's win-win for the owners.

"Less than 2 weeks made it impossible to get the right players" will be the ready made perfect excuse they have.

Even worse is that Klopp will peddle it as well.

If we did agree to sell him for €125m and we then went to Southampton for VVD can you imagine the kind of price they'd quote us. 

They'd know the we'd be desperate as a club to get signing's in not just Southampton but any other club we try and buy from with less than 2 weeks of the window left.

Well why would that bother us if we got silly money for him? I dont get why people are now saying southampton will rinse us, if we get something like £120m for Coutinho.

Well why would that bother us if we got silly money for him? I dont get why people are now saying southampton will rinse us, if we get something like £120m for Coutinho.

It would bother FSG.

Do you not think southampton would put an outrageous price on VVD if they knew we have €125m burning a hole in our pocket ?

It would bother FSG.

Do you not think southampton would put an outrageous price on VVD if they knew we have €125m burning a hole in our pocket ?

So why didnt it bother them when they did the transfer of him who went to chelsea? Were you saying the club were wrong to hold out for £50m then when wanting to have £15m 'surplus' after buying carroll?

Of course southampton would up their price. My point is, if we've got something like £120m for coutinho we'll still have £40m change IF we paid £80m for van Dijk.

What does it matter unless people want to moan about net fucking spend?