You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

This issue is so, so much bigger than 1 player. FSG are a fucking shower and deserve to start being reminded of it in the ground

You will point out i'm sure, which bit of 

Neymar signing for PSG, Barcelona having a shit load of money and wanting to sign Coutinho, is FSG's fault? 

Or did you think he would stay even with Keita and VVD on board? 

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/895989486877855744

Daaaaaaym. 

Bit of a cunt move, really.

The Echo and the Independent are reporting it's bollocks, the club haven't received a transfer request. Even your twitter post from Melissa Reddy, look at the post above it, she says "i've been told it's not true that Coutinho has handed in a transfer request".

You will point out i'm sure, which bit of 

Neymar signing for PSG, Barcelona having a shit load of money and wanting to sign Coutinho, is FSG's fault? 

Or did you think he would stay even with Keita and VVD on board? 

I think he would have given us one more year if we showed the ambition and you know, bought our two top targets. 

Get all yer dosh on Watford winning tomorrow. 

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/895989486877855744

Daaaaaaym. 

Bit of a cunt move, really.

Is it really a cunt move though? He's been here for 5 years won fuck all. We've shown as a club again this summer no ambition to bring top players in. 

He wants to go to Barca and have a chance of trophies and a lifestyle that would most likely suit his family better. 

He's looking at us having paid 8.5m for him Barca offering 100m and we are telling him no sorry Phil not happening. 

I can't blame him for wanting to go or handing a transfer request in.

I still wouldn't sell him as once the window closes on 1st september he'll have to get his head down and concentrate on the season ahead.

• Upvote 2

The Echo and the Independent are reporting it's bollocks, the club haven't received a transfer request. Even your twitter post from Melissa Reddy, look at the post above it, she says "i've been told it's not true that Coutinho has handed in a transfer request".

That was the initial tweet, obviously heard differently and updated it.

Breaking news on the BBC now. 

It doesn't change anything. We/they know he wants to go. Only a stupid bid of 150m or so should even be entertained. Even then I don't think it's enough because it will effect our season more than the money would compensate. FSG and the club should stick to the statement this morning. He's on a long deal, it's too late in the window and it's a World Cup year. Come back next year and we will talk then.