You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

We are Barcelona , here's your pay cut please sign on the dotted line.

Go fuck yourselves you self important cunts

Exactly fucking cunts

At least with Suarez we got a good few years of him in his prime. Coutinho looks like next season he's gonna hit it so we should at least keep him one more year then sell if we must!

'1000%' not for sale

It hasn't stopped the pursuit if Keita and van Dijk. Add Pulisic to the list of players we could have had and it will be a the best here's what you could have won transfer window to date.

Clint Dempsey will have a long-forgotten memory.

It hasn't stopped the pursuit if Keita and van Dijk. Add Pulisic to the list of players we could have had and it will be a the best here's what you could have won transfer window to date.

Clint Dempsey will have a long-forgotten memory.

Van Dijk is and always has been for sale though. It's just that Southampton aren't keen on selling to us. Especially after what went on earlier this summer. If Chelsea or City bid for him now, they'd sell.

Van Dijk is and always has been for sale though. It's just that Southampton aren't keen on selling to us. Especially after what went on earlier this summer. If Chelsea or City bid for him now, they'd sell.

I think it's gonna take one of them to make a move for him to kick things off.

According to the daily excess, reports from rance say the club has rejected barcelona's £89m bid for countinho.

Probably bollocks.

That is according to RMC Sport reporter Mohamed Bouhafsi, who wrote on Twitter: “Liverpool have rejected a €100m (£89m) bid from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho.”

If the reports are true, the offer would match the amount Manchester United paid Juventus for Paul Pogba in 2016

Barcelona’s new bid comes after Liverpool turned down a £72m bid for the Brazilian playmaker last week.

The 25-year-old, signed a five-year contract at Anfield with no release clause in January and the club are determined to hold onto him.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/835319/Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-transfer-news-bid-Barcelona-Klopp-gossip-rumours

It's a real shame this Neymar thing didn't happen earlier in the window. Could have picked up James Rodriguez for half of the Coutinho money and then had an extra £45m or so to spend on other targets.

As it is, I don't see anyone out there that could give us even 80-90% of what Coutinho does who is available. I'm quite confident we'll reject any bids for them, the only possible exception being if we think there's any chance of attracting Mbappe. He would be the one, I think, that might make us rethink.

And contrary to most on here I think we have a genuine shot with Mbappe. He comes across as a bright kid, talking about how he wants playing time more than just to move for the sake of moving. I think the most likely outcome is that he stays at Monaco for one more season, but if he does move I would think we would have every chance to persuade him. If Coutinho leaves we would certainly have a place for him, especially if we also sold Sturridge to get another £25m towards his fee. He'd get 30 league starts for us and probably another 8 or 9 in cup games, certainly far more than Madrid would give him. We can sell him on the idea of coming here for 3 seasons, proving his quality even more to everyone across Europe and then getting his dream move to one of the big 3 when he's 22.

That's really the only scenario in which Coutinho leaves in my opinion, and either way I'm pretty happy (keeping Coutinho for one more season or losing him to pick up Mbappe).

Mbappe's a pure phenom. He's already good enough for Madrid, he doesn't need to waste his time at an intermediate club like us or Arsenal. 

Yeah I think that post is pure fantasy.

For what it's worth, my predictions:-

-Coutinho will leave.  I'm resigned to this now and if we keep him it's a bonus;

-We will go back for VDV after the sale of Coutinho;

-The above will not happen until after the CL qualifer;

-Keita  transfer is dead in the water, won't happen this summer if at all.

I'm really not sure why the heck Mbappe would want to join a Coutinho-less LFC, especially consdering the other clubs that are chasing him. Bar Klopp, Coutinho is arguably our only other pull factor. Take him out, and this must look like a seriously bland squad from an outsider's perspective. If I were a sought-after foreign player, there's not a single other player in our squad that would be exciting enough to convince me to pick this team above all the others. Even Arsenal has got arguably more enticing names in Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette. 

That's the main issue with the Coutinho swap theories. We lose a ridiculous amount of appeal if we let him leave. It might be okay if the targeted replacement is from a smaller club and is not being chased by anyone else. But, for a player who is already at a big club or is being chased by such clubs, there is zero incentive to come to a club that is otherwise devoid of world class talent. Coutinho is the only player we have that falls within or comes close to that bracket. In fact, if we were to sell Coutinho in order to finance VVD (which I don't think is the case), I would hardly blame him if he went "sorry Jurgen, I had a look at that squad of yours since you've sold Coutinho and got to say it looks a bit shit. Think I'm gonna sign for Conte instead, doesn't look like they need to weaken their team by selling Hazard to bring me in".

Anyway, don't think we will sell Phil. FSG simply can't afford to.

RAC 1 Radio from Barcelona are saying he'll be a Barca player by the end of the week, "regardless of what Klopp says."

They did also say that Barcelona were signing Bellerin and Isco though...

Haha. The fucking arrogance of the Catalan/Spanish media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40783077

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool playmaker not for sale, says Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho is not for sale, despite interest from Barcelona, says manager Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp said the Reds are not "a selling club" following reports they rejected a £72m bid for the Brazilian in July.

It comes amid news Barcelona are considering reporting Paris St-Germainover their pursuit of forward Neymar, who has a £198m release clause.

"If you say he is not available to be sold, where is the interpretation?" Klopp reiterated on Monday.

"The word 'not' means there is no interpretation. There is nothing new."

Coutinho, 25, captained Liverpool to a 3-0 friendly victory over Hertha Berlinon Saturday and is set to feature against Bayern Munich in the Audi Cup on Tuesday.

He scored 14 goals last season, having spent six weeks out with an ankle injury, and signed a five-year deal with the Reds in January.

It was the Brazil international's most productive season since he arrived at Anfield from Inter Milan for £8.5m in January 2013.