You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I don't think we're selling him. He's got 5 years on his deal and unlike Suarez, has no release clause. It would take a ridiculous fee and Barca's financials aren't the healthiest at the moment. I don't think they would pay what it would take.

Think we'll keep him at least until the 2018 World Cup as long as we don't turn to complete shite. He'll get to play Champions League football next season (knock on wood) and he's a regular in the Brazil team at the moment and won't want to risk losing that. 

I see his future in the midfield, sort of like what Modric does for Real Madrid, but with a bit more ability to score. For it to work he needs a bit more in front of him so there's more pace and movement. Mane, Firmino, plus another like Mane on the left, and it would work a treat.

• Upvote 1

I see most teams going with a traditional No.10 in centre midfield Man City play with two more often than not with Silva and De Bruyne, Modric as you say for Real, most 10s have really good passing ability and probably get a bit more time and space to create than they do in and around the box.

It's a bit strange that he's never really been played there more often because his best season was playing there in 13/14. He's a genius who's getting better every year.

I thought the Barca thing had subsided to some extent but seems to have grown more legs

Coutinho has done little to dispel speculation and his body language yesterday came over to me as embarrassed when Klopp was trying to give him the big man-hug. The kind of embarrassed that comes in situations where you have decided to ditch the girlfriend but cant find the right moment, I am more than a little concerned that he is going to fuck off ,  

My favourite player at the club currently. He's absolute magic. £8.5m.... Daylight robbery.

Yes, mate. Our one truly world class player, though Mane could well be knocking on that door soon too. If he's fully fit and flying for the bulk of next season anything is possible.

I don't think Barcelona think he's good enough just yet, though if Neymar's going you would have thought they will need a replacement.

He's miles better than Andre Gomes, Turan, Rafinha and Denis Suarez. If they had the financial capability they would do it but they can't afford to spend 80m on one player at the moment. 

• 4 weeks later...

Phillipe Coutinho has purchased Liverpool kits for a load of his friends and family in Brazil. He can come back to Liverpool in the Siummer.

DColtC8XsAEBc9y.jpg

Thats the current  Liverpool team in 20 years time. Philly's let himself go(second on the right)

Lallana will be gutted about the hair loss

Kev Stewart & Gini haven't aged a day. (Front row)

Firmino's gone into hiding again (back row)

• Upvote 1