You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

In my opinion, I think Dele Alli is already a better player than Coutinho.

Absolutely scandalous we didn't get him in.

Hope that Klopp can pull some strings in the next couple of years, perhaps Lallana or Benteke plus £20m.

Maybe I misunderstand here, I know our committee decided not to go after this lad, but how is it any different to everything they get wrong? We buy loads of kids, they're normally shit. We buy loads who aren't kids, normally they're shit. As a result. it stands to reason. at some point, if only for an outlier, we must scout some players who can play football. DA is the exception that proves the rule. We liked him, didn't buy him, sods law. why would we have thought to go the extra mile for him over any of the other gimps we sign and like, for example alberto?

As a club we can't scout and don't understand the value of players who are good at football. That's the scandal, alli just represents that inadequacy to an extent, but he's no different to any other player we signed for years as most are shit and here's one we missed who is seems is good.

As fsg once told us, the players we don't sign are as important as the player we do. When we've signed such wonders over the years, I don't get why anyone would care about some lad who can play football.

• 1 month later...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/coutinho-talks-klopp-rodgers-firmino-and-future

Coutinho talks Klopp, Rodgers, Firmino and future

Jurgen-Klopp-Liverpool-training.jpg

Philippe Coutinho has spoken positively about Jurgen Klopp, Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Firmino – and says it is “a dream come true” to be at Liverpool.

In an extensive interview with World Soccer magazine, Coutinho discussed the changes Klopp has made on the training ground since taking over at Anfield.

“He [Klopp] created a highly successful side at Dortmund and it is great for Liverpool to have him,” Coutinho said.

“In training, we are working hard and enjoying his methods, which are helping to make us better players.

“Little by little, it is translating to matches and I think everyone has seen how effective his philosophy can be if we adapt it in the right way.

“It feels like we are moving in the right direction under him and we believe we can fight for the big prizes and enjoy some special moments with the fans.

“Our team is playing a high-pressing game and I am enjoying it. With this style there is more freedom when we have the ball.

“We still have responsibilities within the team, but the manager is asking us to play our game more naturally and it is enabling us to express ourselves.

“Klopp has put his ideas forward and they are helping to make me an even better player.”

Coutinho also reserved praise for Klopp’s predecessor, adding: “The likes of Benitez and Dunga are great coaches, but I will always have a special gratitude to Brendan Rodgers.

“He believed in me and brought me here. He gave me the opportunity to play for such a great club.”

On Firmino, Coutinho said: “Our understanding is improving and I am learning more and more about the way he likes to play, as well as his movement off the ball.

“Hopefully that can be beneficial to both Liverpool and Brazil.

“He’s a great player who brings a lot of quality into the squad, but it is not just about two players and a partnership.

“The whole squad is working to improve as our main objective is to win trophies as a unit.”

Despite his obvious happiness with life at Liverpool, Coutinho refused to make any bold statements about his long-term future at the club.

“I just like to live in the moment,” Coutinho said.

“I am not looking ahead. Being here at Liverpool is a dream come true.

“I am already playing in the best league in the world and I have a number of years left on my contract that I only renewed last year.

“I am very happy and my focus is on helping Liverpool fight for trophies.”

Still think its unbelievable some people would sell him.

Why? He was poor in most of the games before he was injured, had a good game against Villa - who didn't? - and was poor against Augsburg again, as were most.

Not singling him out but he runs too cold for me, with an occasional blinder. Besides, on a team that has underachieved as little as this one has no one should be secure. A good offer, I'd sell, but out of England only.

I love Phil but he's a 5 good games 5 bad games player.  If he could sort that out then he'd be someone you'd never want to let leave and it may come with age but if someone came in with a 60million bid for him **edit** and he wanted to leave, I'd take it. 

i don't think there's any doubt if coutinho played with better players he would improve his consistency. it mostly goes wrong for him when he starts to try and do it all on his own. his issue right now and for the last 2 season is he's been playing with cunts. 

• Upvote 1

I love Phil but he's a 5 good games 5 bad games player.  If he could sort that out then he'd be someone you'd never want to let leave and it may come with age but if someone came in with a 60million bid for him **edit** and he wanted to leave, I'd take it. 

He'll sort that out when he leaves.

5 good games, 5 bad? 

I don't think that was the case when we had a really good team a few years ago. Maybe he's just not the type to be able to carry a really inconsistent team. If the team just improves its form a bit he'll consistently be our 1st or 2nd best player, everyone will be talking about Barcelona again and how we cant sell him to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 good games, 5 bad?

I don't think that was the case when we had a really good team a few years ago. Maybe he's just not the type to be able to carry a really inconsistent team. If the team just improves its form a bit he'll consistently be our 1st or 2nd best player, everyone will be talking about Barcelona again and how we cant sell him to them.

Negged because I forgot about my coffee and it's gone cold.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1