You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Brazil at least have enough decent players to rotate. It's not like with England, where Gerrard and Sturridge would be played while their legs are hanging off.

Or in the latter's case played whilst knowingly injured just to see if he's got some toughness about him.

Fuck hodgson.

ironic he gets a call up after being shite the weekend

Before the game he was presented with an award from ESPN Brasil for being voted the best Brazilian player playing abroad last season - that's ahead of Neymar, Hulk, Oscar, et al. Granted it was a poll of 60,000 viewers who actually get ESPN - not cheap - but still. Many pundits here thought he was sorely missed in the World Cup.

Lucas handed him the award pitchside at Anfield, both in their LFC blazers.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For movement, passing and flair Liverpool are second to none in Europe at the mo, bar none.

I take it you didn't make the game on Sunday?

One game doesn't make a summer.

We are behind quite a few teams when it comes to keeping possession of the ball,hopefully we improve in that area this season.

But that needs to be balanced with our attacking play. We shouldn't be afraid of trying attacking balls at the expense of possession. Where we need to improve is keeping possession when we need to calm a game down.

It's a good thing.  You don't want him thinking is the reason he's not getting picked for Brazil because he's not playing for a big enough club.  It again puts the club in the limelight if he does well as well.  The more foreign youngsters become aware of us and see us as a good place to become a good player etc the better.

There was one World Cup/Euros I remember around the early noughties and we were the club with the most players at it.  It definitely helps with attracting players.

• Upvote 2

okay cards on the table.......dont know why people rave about him.hes great at finding space but he doess absolutely fuck all with it.decision making and final ball/shot is woeful.hopefully Marko will show him how its done

His shooting's generally poor, his final balls though can be incredible. His instinct for the weight of a pass and the angles of a pitch seems unreal sometimes. His dribbling and strength on the ball can be great too. But he is inconsistent. He's also still young.

he looks like a rolls royce but 99% of the time he just produces nothing.i know hes young but he gets me excited when he a-finds space b-runs towards the box .........then he produces c-fuck all at end of it with an over hit pass or powerless shot.

ben like this for 2 seasons now,if he dont do it this season ge should be bin bagged

• Downvote 3

he looks like a rolls royce but 99% of the time he just produces nothing.i know hes young but he gets me excited when he a-finds space b-runs towards the box .........then he produces c-fuck all at end of it with an over hit pass or powerless shot.

ben like this for 2 seasons now,if he dont do it this season ge should be bin bagged

He was poor V Soton & wasn't too good tonight but your a massive tit.

• Upvote 1

He's hasn't been good for a couple of games and we've now got plenty of options so take him out and give him a break. Ultimatums like he needs to do it this season or he's off are laughable. He's young and is already a very good player. He is only going to get better and it's good for him that the pressure isn't all on him again to produce every game.

He is very hit and miss.

He was outstanding in the home game at City last season and in the friendly against Dortmund a few weeks ago, but has struggled in both of our opening league games.

I expect him to be on the bench on Sunday. 

Not having a go at you - or Coutinho - but what he or Lovren did in a pre-season friendly ultimately doesn't matter a damn.

• Upvote 1