You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

His decision making is absolutely extraordinary. Too long I've found myself gesticulating furiously at our players to play the ball here, or there, but he see envisages passages of play before they develop.

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

phil was just a tiny bit off today. I just hope he doesn't try to do too much or start to press because he's the focal point of the team now. don't want him to lost any confidence if the goals don't come right away.

the interplay at times between him, aspas and sturridge today was awesome.

First half he was outstanding. Everything we did, in an attacking sense, he was central to. The one thing I would say is that he seemed to fade in the second half. I've noticed this a few times, but that really is nit-picking, overall he's a fantastic footballer.

Noticed it as well but he's still very young despite his brilliance. I feel with age and experience he'll learn to pace himself a bit more and perhaps even increase his overall endurance as well.

Thought he played good today overall but it definitely wasn't the best we've seen from him. Still he created a couple chances for himself and a few more for others which that's all you can ask for really from that role. His ball to Henderson was great and should have been converted.

Noticed it as well but he's still very young despite his brilliance. I feel with age and experience he'll learn to pace himself a bit more and perhaps even increase his overall endurance as well.

Thought he played good today overall but it definitely wasn't the best we've seen from him. Still he created a couple chances for himself and a few more for others which that's all you can ask for really from that role. His ball to Henderson was great and should have been converted.

Yeah, watching him you forget how old he is. To think he didn't have his best game today yet he was still our best attacking player (particularly in the first half). If/when we bring someone in for the left he'll probably move inside, which should be to the benefit of the team.

Trying not to allow myself to think how devastating we'd be with him central, flanked by Suarez and Willian with Sturridge ahead of them.

IF this Willian thing happens we'll be ridiculously good to watch.

Would love it to happen would be some flare attack.

Trying not to allow myself to think how devastating we'd be with him central, flanked by Suarez and Willian with Sturridge ahead of them.

We'd still be porous as that pair of sentimental underpants I can't bring myself to throw away..

Whatever happens, we need to have Coutinho in the hole. I think I've read you saying previously that he is very good on the left but even better behind the striker (paraphrasing) and that to me is key. The last guy I loved in a red shirt was Xabi. Thought I was too old and cynical to love again. That was until this lad came along.

Genuine question how do you think he compares to Silva, Mata & Hazard who I think are his peers in terms of position and style?

Hazard is a winger, so don't see the point in the comparison with him.

But Mata and Silva are the finest AM's in the Premiership, the fact we are even discussing Coutinho with them says enough. He's not at Mata's level yet but i think he could easily go on to be better in time.

Hazard is a winger, so don't see the point in the comparison with him.

But Mata and Silva are the finest AM's in the Premiership, the fact we are even discussing Coutinho with them says enough. He's not at Mata's level yet but i think he could easily go on to be better in time.

Yeah. Silva's 27. Mata's 25. Coutinho's a mere 21.

He will be world class, lets hope we become competitive so he doesn't start shouting to leave in a few years!

Love the way he stood up to Nzoni and how Lucas came to protect him.

The whole pub burst out laughing at this! Coutinho barely even comes up to Nzonsis nipples!

Coutinho was absolutely class again yesterday though.

I can't believe we only paid 8.5 million for this kid! I have never seen a Liverpool player that can find and play perfect through balls as effortlessly as this guy does.

I have never seen a Liverpool player that can find and play perfect through balls as effortlessly as this guy does.

He makes it look so easy to the point where you're wondering why every player can't do that. Little genius, best signing we've made in years.