You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I don't think that's entirely fair, I think the main reason for ridicule is that he's turning a team who were runaway winners into Champions league qualification strugglers after spunking the best part of £70m on the team.

Ridicule away. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the arse, that's all.

It probably will, doesn't it usually? All the more reason to enjoy it while we can.

Fair enough. It just feels like I'm laughing at a guy who's fallen down a manhole, without seeing the manhole I'm just about to fall into. The bloke who laughs last, etc.

Saying that, I actually don't think they'll finish above us, but I'd rather not tempt fate just yet.

They bloody should finish above us given they are last years comfortable champions, their massive and hugely expensive squad of experienced internationals, their huge outlay in the last two transfer windows and the fact that they haven't had to sell anyone of note. Chuff me, Moyes is stinking the place out by the fact that them qualifying for the top four is even up for discussion. The pressure should be nowhere near us, we need to keep reminding ourselves of this, team and fans.

• Upvote 2

They bloody should finish above us given they are last years comfortable champions, their massive and hugely expensive squad of experienced internationals, their huge outlay in the last two transfer windows and the fact that they haven't had to sell anyone of note. Chuff me, Moyes is stinking the place out by the fact that them qualifying for the top four is even up for discussion. The pressure should be nowhere near us, we need to keep reminding ourselves of this, team and fans.

Their squad is probably better than where they're at right now, but it's certainly not comfortable champions material. That was the work of Ferguson and everyone being beaten before they even turned up at Old Trafford.

Utd's squad is (relatively) weak in the midfield and defence. And their manager is average. Given all that, they aren't really underachieving by a whole heap.

Their squad is probably better than where they're at right now, but it's certainly not comfortable champions material. That was the work of Ferguson and everyone being beaten before they even turned up at Old Trafford.

Utd's squad is (relatively) weak in the midfield and defence. And their manager is average. Given all that, they aren't really underachieving by a whole heap.

It's the same squad that ran away with the league last year, plus £70m spent! How that shouldn't 'comfortably' be champions league material is beyond me. 

No it's not actually, if I'm honest.

David Moyes. And it's glorious. 

• Upvote 1

The truth is probably in the middle, a la Hodgson.  (In terms of him claiming it was all out of his control, while those other factors simply meant we'd slipped from being a top 4 team but were still nowhere near the monstrosity he briefly turned us into).

Ferguson made them champions, Moyes has them midtable.  Par would be 4th really. 

Another year older sure, but not off a cliff between May and August. 

Eh? I said that squad plus the big money spent should comfortably be in the Champions League spots. 

Yeah, I mis-read it. My mistake. Not sure I think 'comfortably', though. It looks (relatively) weak to me. How Ferguson dragged them to a runaway title win last season, I'll never know.

It's the same squad that ran away with the league last year, plus £70m spent! How that shouldn't 'comfortably' be champions league material is beyond me.

No it's not actually, if I'm honest.

David Moyes. And it's glorious.

I'm not so sure, all things considered.

Rooney, Van Persie (both of whom have missed games) , Mata (who has been there for all of five minutes) and Carrick. Plus a load of has-beens, never-weres and never-will-bes.

Ferguson was a brilliant manager.

Yeah, I mis-read it. My mistake. Not sure I think 'comfortably', though. It looks (relatively) weak to me. How Ferguson dragged them to a runaway title win last season, I'll never know.

Yeah, probably not 'comfortably', but I think they'd have- at worst- been expecting to be leading the charge in fourth.

Regardless of where they finish, it has already been a record-breaking season down at Old Trafford.....for the wrong reasons! Therefore, it is ok to laugh at them now instead of waiting until May.

We all know and agree with that.

But lets just hope we are not tempting the footballing gods come May.

Karma is a bitch sometimes. 

karma.gif

• Upvote 1

Regardless of where they finish, it has already been a record-breaking season down at Old Trafford..

Yeah, so record breaking they still have a decent enough chance of finishing above us and in the CL spots. Kind of says more about where we're at, than where they're at, if we're gloating about it.

"haha....you'll probably only finish fourth...".

I would fucking love us to finish fourth!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

How many times has this been said in this thread though? They beat a few spuds like Norwich and Fulham a few months ago and people were shitting their kegs 'Oooh they're gonna go on a run now' Then they came up against a decent side and lost at home. And again the following week. 

They'll probably smash Fulham at the weekend and people will be wetting themselves again. Before they could be 2-0 down and you'd still think 'They'll still win' now you wouldn't back them to turn a 1-0 deficit down because they don't have the same intimidation or confidence about them because of the vegetable on the touch-line. 

If they get fourth over us, Jesus wept, we might as well pack this football lark in and go play baseball or something. 

i'm enjoying every second of laughing at United, i know though if we somehow finish below United (4th or not) they will turn around and give it the 'we had the worse season in 20 years and still finished above you' that is what i am dreading, or just as bad, finishing outside the top 4 with them right on our arse 'you had a good season and only just finished above us and couldn't make 4th after the shit season we had' i fucking hate the cunts.

#inmoyeswetrust