You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

David Moyes: Ex-Man Utd boss wants Champions League club

Former Manchester United manager David Moyes is targeting a return to management - with a club competing in the Champions League.

The 51-year-old ex-Everton boss was dismissed after 10 months at Old Trafford and revealed he has already turned down two offers.

"I got my first real taste of the Champions League this year," Moyes told the Guardian. 

"I thought I showed I can manage at that level as well."

The Scot spent 11 years at Goodison Park, having started his coaching career in the Football League with Preston North End.

But Moyes would consider offers from abroad.

"I'll use United as an important experience in my managerial career. I feel I needed more time but I'll use it to benefit me and help me in the coming jobs," Moyes said.

"I've had a couple of opportunities to go back in and chosen not to.

"I'd like to look towards getting somewhere that would give me a chance of being in the Champions League or a club that has ambitions of being in the Champions League.

"It could be at home or abroad. I've always liked the thought of broadening my horizons and learning a bit more."

Moyes is currently on holiday in the United States and watched England's match against Ecuador in Miami on Wednesday.

He believes Wayne Rooney must be central to England's plans at the World Cup in Brazil - and revealed the Manchester United striker has been in contact since his sacking.

"I've spoken to Wayne a few times since I left and he has been very supportive," said Moyes, who also managed Rooney at Everton. "Wayne was terrific for me.

"When I look at England I think he has to play. He has the ability to score. He has the mental strength to handle the games.

"In those games you look to your big players and Wayne will be a big player for England."

Nothing wrong with Davey saying he wants to manage a club playing in the champions league, players say it all the time. It's tough on Manchester utd that he wants to be at a club playing at a higher level, he's outgrown them.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

I could almost feel sorry for the berk.  In 12 months he's gone from being The Chosen One at one of the world's biggest clubs, to being someone Galafuckingtasaray won't even speak to without making it absolutely clear that he's not their first choice.

That's a Baumgartner of a fall, that is.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Manchester United ban fans from bringing iPads and other tablets into Old Trafford

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-united-ban-fans-bringing-7597958

Weird, they were boasting about having them last year.

That's just like sending a text round your mates when you're having a barby, saying "no need for burgers, sausages or cans of shit beer, got plenty."

• Upvote 1