You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Well after their next game against palace they have two champions league games (obviously a competition that Moyes has never played in) and the manchester derby as three of their next four games. Fail to get a decent results there and the shit could really start to hit the fan.

gollum has been in the c.l . not the group stage, granted, but in the quals...

Fine balancing act to be drawn here. We need Moyes to be poor, but not so poor they decide to sack him. The longer he's there the longer he has to establish a culture of lowered expectations essential to their long term ailment. We can only hope the press paint Ferguson as a one-off, a star who shone so brightly that no manager they appoint could hope to match his achievements - solely to sooth over any unrest from the prawn sandwich brigade, and keep Moyes in situ.

Been thinking why did Gill quit at the same time as fergie? Why not delay it a year to help the new manager. Bad business decision. Why do a such a massive organisation change when they knew fergie was going, or did he have feeling that everything could go down hill so went out on a high??.

Been thinking why did Gill quit at the same time as fergie? Why not delay it a year to help the new manager. Bad business decision. Why do a such a massive organisation change when they knew fergie was going, or did he have feeling that everything could go down hill so went out on a high??.

I think it was the other way round. Gill leaving will have influenced Fergusons decision to retire.

Wasn't there a story doing the rounds that Gill was dead set against Moyes being appointed, but that Ferguson flexed his muscles and forced it through?

The failure to support Moyes in the transfer market over these few months suggested to me that the United hierarchy just don't trust him with their cash. It's almost as if they pretty much had to appoint him because he was hand-picked by Slur, but the powers that be are not remotely convinced he's the man for the job. I would be wholly unsurprised if he was sacked at the end of a written-off season, and replaced by one of the guys that the board really wanted.

If Utd aren't in the mix come Christmas, 'Moysey' will be looking for a new job by the new year. It's the next appointment that's going to confirm to me if they're fucked or not. Ancelotti/Guardiola and they'll be pissing us off for years to come, anyone else and they're fucked.

Moyes is a man painfully out of his depth.

To be fair, I doubt even Guardiola would have been able to replicate what Ferguson achieved there, but at least he would have the backing of the fans in the long term. Like us with Hodgson, they pretty much knew he was going to fail from the off.

its too early to say they are declining but its not a bad start is it? I thought in the Chelsea match there wasnt something right, the way the game just fizzled out and ended 0-0 wasn't typical Man Utd at all especially at home, they would always go for it with Ferguson and then this transfer deadline day, its a kind of amateurish thing you associate with other clubs, not them under Ferguson

Saying that, they'll probably be competing for the treble in April, knowing the way it always turns out for them

If Utd aren't in the mix come Christmas, 'Moysey' will be looking for a new job by the new year. It's the next appointment that's going to confirm to me if they're fucked or not. Ancelotti/Guardiola and they'll be pissing us off for years to come, anyone else and they're fucked.

Johnny foreigner taking over ...some dirty foreigner like that Benitez fella ...Bluto and the rest of his cockneye media ilk wouldn't be loving that.

No matter who it is that takes over after the inevitable sacking of Gollum,they will never ever get to the level on influence ginsoak had over refs, FA or media so it will be a more even playing field

really hope those counting United out don't jinx it. Seen them come back so many times, that said nothing lasts forever so fingers crossed.

A slow decline would be better. If you woke up suddenly fat one morning you would diet and exercise. its the gradual nature of decline that stops people realising until it's already happened.

Out of what? If you're talking about the league title, they already have been counted out.

Indeed. before the first ball was kicked, there were only ever going to be three teams who could challenge for the title. City and Chelsea have brought in much better managers and have strengthened their teams. United have brought in a worse manager and signed Screech.

Looking at their fixtures coming up, they should take plenty of league points except for the derby which hopefully they lose. They will also be out of the League Cup but would they be bothered?

Its the European games, at first I thought the draw was kind but looking again, they may be in trouble.

I enjoy this at the moment but Id rather concentrate on ourselves than look at them. Overtaking them should be an aim, I said this about a month ago and was put down, but fuck it, we 5 ahead already.