You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

They'll be above us next season. If Moyes is so shite and can single handedly destroy them then he wouldn't have finished above Brendan and Kenny the last two seasons, with a much inferior team.

They haven't got a chance of competing with Chelsea and City under him tho.

I find it incredible how people are writing them off after 3 pre-season games in Asia.

It was the same back in 2004-2006, they're fucking shit, finished, dross everywhere, etc. They ended up having one of their most successful spells ever.

You'll spare yourself a lot of pain and frustration if you just accept that they'll still be way ahead of us and contend for major trophies in the foreseeable future.

You might be right, but there are still reasons for optimism when it comes to their potential decline. I don't think it's wise to get carried away and start predicting that they will finish below us, but it is certainly a possibility. I mean, all the times around them are strengthening and they are looking at losing Rooney and maybe Kagawa as well. Plus they have Moyes now managing players who Ferguson was getting a good 20%-30% extra out of.

So yeah, I'm not getting carried away personally, but there are good reasons to suspect that they could be as much as 10-15 points worse off at the end of next season.

Give me strength, main sports editor of the mail says on talkshite they binned the dutch coach verhjarim story on moyes because they felt he didnt carry enough weight and was not a reliable football man! Eh? He's worked for barcalona, the dutch national side, russia, assistant manager of wales, man city and been to 3 World Cup finals. The media protection of anything united continues.

Give me strength, main sports editor of the mail says on talkshite they binned the dutch coach verhjarim story on moyes because they felt he didnt carry enough weight and was not a reliable football man! Eh? He's worked for barcalona, the dutch national side, russia, assistant manager of wales, man city and been to 3 World Cup finals. The media protection of anything united continues.

Ferguson can blackball you from the boardroom as easily as the dugout.

Haha, you have to laugh. If that story had been about Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool they'd of been all over it like a rash.

What a bunch of snivelling arse-licking cunts.

I find it incredible how people are writing them off after 3 pre-season games in Asia.

It was the same back in 2004-2006, they're fucking shit, finished, dross everywhere, etc. They ended up having one of their most successful spells ever.

You'll spare yourself a lot of pain and frustration if you just accept that they'll still be way ahead of us and contend for major trophies in the foreseeable future.

What exactly do you mean by 'writing them off'?

Mr. Ferguson was their manager in 04-06, he isn't anymore.

They'll still be ahead of us. I don't care if they contend for trophies, I just care that they don't win. Which I don't think they will.

They'll be above us next season. If Moyes is so shite and can single handedly destroy them then he wouldn't have finished above Brendan and Kenny the last two seasons, with a much inferior team.

They haven't got a chance of competing with Chelsea and City under him tho.

I think even though its only pre season the games United have lost wont be doing much for Moyes nerves. They still haven't bought anyone yet though. Still think they will go for Bale and if Madrid go for him to , I can see United being the ones who get him. From all reports he seems to be the type who prefers to stay here. Only problem would be if Madrid offer a stupid amount for him and United don't/cant match that bid.

At this stage depending on the odds a couple of quid on Moyes to be sacked is tempting.Even with this six year contract if United haven't kicked into gear after a couple of months , that contract could be in pieces.

I think even though its only pre season the games United have lost wont be doing much for Moyes nerves. They still haven't bought anyone yet though. Still think they will go for Bale and if Madrid go for him to , I can see United being the ones who get him. From all reports he seems to be the type who prefers to stay here. Only problem would be if Madrid offer a stupid amount for him and United don't/cant match that bid.

At this stage depending on the odds a couple of quid on Moyes to be sacked is tempting.Even with this six year contract if United haven't kicked into gear after a couple of months , that contract could be in pieces.

I'd put my money on Pardew on his 8-year contract getting the sack before Moyes does.

I'd put my money on Pardew on his 8-year contract getting the sack before Moyes does.

Not to sure about that I mean Pardew or Newcastle don't have the expectation on them like Moyes and United. I guess United would try to not sack Moyes as long as they could because of losing face with hiring him. If United are not right up there fighting by Christmas at the very latest , Moyes will be out I reckon.

Only way with Pardew I would think is if he is bang last place. But it is Newcastle and that could be the situation and also there unpredictable when it comes to managers as the 8 year contract proves.

I don't think we will have seen the end of Slur if Moyes is sacked really soon.

I'm finding it increasingly harder to really give a fuck about them or who wins the league. Yeah I'd prefer it if one of the other two do but I'm not spending the next 20 years celebrating man city last minute goals. Them and Chelsea are a blight on the sport anyway.

One thng you can bet your house on is they will still be above us next season. No Slur will drag them down a level but they're many levels ahead of we are and that's not going too change until we get our house in order. I'd rather see Liverpool do that so I can laugh at them properly and not

sound like the blueshite.

• 2 weeks later...

They are a shambles. Players are wary of going there now as well because they can only see them going into decline under Moyes.

I still think they will have a decent season, but their fans must be worried about their place in the top 4 at the moment, never mind the title.

They are a shambles. Players are wary of going there now as well because they can only see them going into decline under Moyes.

I still think they will have a decent season, but their fans must be worried about their place in the top 4 at the moment, never mind the title.

Ignoring how bad they look tonight and supposedly have all summer I'd have said 3rd some distance behind City and Chelsea but comfortably ahead of us, Spurs, Arsenal but if they don't show any better in proper games they are in serious trouble

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They did look total shite tonight against a team that played the day before and only got in to the Country at 4am this morning. However, we can`t write them off just yet. They did play a fair amount of kids tonight and there was no Van Persie.

They've been the same all summer, with RvP and without. Something seems 'off'. Hopefully they'll get off to a bad start, with a drop in confidence. Then the veneer will really come off.