You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Uh oh. Looks like it's not worked and if they don't start winning soon they're going to support Fc United again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-fans-not-impressed-3219034

Manchester United fans have warned David Moyes he must turn around the club’s fortunes – after he wrote a letter apologising for the season.

The under-fire Old Trafford boss was told the support he still has will be eroded unless there is a positive finish to one of United’s worst campaigns of modern times.

Andrew Kilduff, from Stretford End Flags, said the letter from Moyes – sent to season-ticket holders – was ill-timed and claimed it was performances, not words of apology, that were needed from the United boss.

“It’s a big month for Moyes and with every performance, result and team selection analysed, the words and body language he is portraying are a battle for himself,” said Kilduff.

“Analysed by both media and fans, his words need backing up on the pitch or it won’t be long till the fans vocally turn against him.”

Kilduff, spokesman for the independent supporters group, said information on season ticket renewals came out in February, three months earlier than usual.

He added: “It wasn’t the best PR move by the club, as the team in most seasons are still challenging for the league in February and in most years challenging in Europe. That’s not the case this season and the prospect of Europa football is putting some fans off renewing.

“With those renewals usually come words from Sir Alex, words full of optimism and promise. These have been replaced by words of apology. Words promising a turnaround in the future but words echoing the feeling of fans who are gradually beginning to turn against the manager.

“I’m fully behind Moyes, his defining moment isn’t now but in 12 months’ time when we can assess the summer and January 2015 transfer window.”

I used to work with this lad, he's from Runcorn and all his family support Everton.

A few years ago Liverpool had a midweek league match that they didn't sell out. Man Utd had either a European game or an FA Cup game which was during a fuel protest yet still sold out. He said to me that Man Utd will sell out every game and nothing would affect them, not even a fuel crisis that stopped people driving or paying excessive train fares.

Nothing apart from suddenly being shite and not wanting to renew your season tickets.

• Upvote 1

I used to work with this lad, he's from Runcorn and all his family support Everton.

A few years ago Liverpool had a midweek league match that they didn't sell out. Man Utd had either a European game or an FA Cup game which was during a fuel protest yet still sold out. He said to me that Man Utd will sell out every game and nothing would affect them, not even a fuel crisis that stopped people driving or paying excessive train fares.

Nothing apart from suddenly being shite and not wanting to renew your season tickets.

Haha yeah, what a tit!

• Upvote 1

He bid 25 million for Luke Shaw alone, which got rejected. That means he values Lallana at 5 million, this only works in David Moyes's mind.

He hasn't learnt his lesson from the joint bid for Fellaini and Baines. Expect him to end up buying Lallana only for 40m and then to play him at left back

• Upvote 5

Some gems in here.

It's 'unfair' that a change of manager will make them miss out on the CL apparently and they should refuse to play in the Europa because they're too big. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2578095/Manchester-United-belong-Champions-League-not-Europa-League-ADRIAN-DURHAM.html

From where they are now, it will be a seriously impressive achievement if Manchester United finish in a top-four place.

If they don’t, then they could end up fifth or sixth. 

But there’s no way they should slum it in the Europa League. United are way too big a club to be involved with the minnows, so they should just refuse to enter.

Instead, they should follow through with the idea mooted last week –United should set up a series of friendlies against top European sides through the course of the campaign.

I would be surprised if these games didn’t attract bigger crowds than Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool get for proper Champions League ties next season. 

Back in the 1950s Wolves, English champions and pioneers of big European nights under the floodlights in this country, played to packed houses at Molineux and on live television across the nation when they hosted the likes of Real Madrid, Celtic and the Hungarian giants of the time, Honved. 

These games were all friendlies, but they were all massive.

English clubs were denied the chance to play in the European Cup when it first started back then because the people running the game in this country assumed an air of superiority over the rest of the continent. 

United belong in Europe’s elite and it’s almost unfair that because of a change of manager, and a tricky transition, they will be denied Champions League football. It’s equally unfair that the Champions League will be without United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and one of the biggest draws in Europe. 

They have been England’s most successful representatives in the competition for the past 10 years and we will miss their participation.

There will be plenty of United haters scoffing at this, but the truth is the Red Devils don’t belong in the Europa League. Neither do the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. 

The elite shouldn’t be forced to enter this meaningless competition. And that includes United.

So I hope United attract the cream of Europe to Old Trafford for friendlies, rather than take part in the Europa League.

It’s a tournament for losers. One difficult season doesn’t mean United are losers.

• Upvote 2

Some gems in here.

It's 'unfair' that a change of manager will make them miss out on the CL apparently and they should refuse to play in the Europa because they're too big. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2578095/Manchester-United-belong-Champions-League-not-Europa-League-ADRIAN-DURHAM.html

'kinell!! I actually thought that was taken from Red Cafe. I can't believe a journalist wrote that tripe

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of footy opinion pieces these days are designed to shock and get people sharing it, as papers judge their worth by shit like Facebook and Twitter shares (even though they've yet to figure out how to make money from that)

But still, what's amusing about it is that it does reflect the Manc mindset pretty well, this absolute disbelief that they should have to tolerate being shit. In many ways stuff like this is great because it sets them up for an even bigger collective breakdown.

I'm always amused at how they and their apologists think they're somehow prized by the football fraternity though as they're clearly not, you'll never see banners and hear songs at foreign grounds the way you do about LFC, their fans usually get their heads kicked in as soon as they step off the plane. Being cunts will vex people.

• Upvote 1

United are the US reality TV princess given a brand new car for her 16th birthday and kicking off because it's gold and pink, not pink and gold. 

Just a horribly entitled club in essence, and as Section says, their inability to compute how normal service for all football clubs can apply to them will make the fall all the sweeter.

They will be laughed at heartily for that by all but their own and their apologists.  Fucking arseholes.

Hicks and Gillette dragging us from 2 CL finals in 3 years to near-extinction barely worth a whimper, but Taggart annointing Moe from The Tavern as his successor a national tragedy, eh Durham?

• Upvote 2

It takes a special kind of cretin to write a piece like that. Of course the cream of Europe will turn up in Manc land on the same weeks they are playing in Europe. Idiots.

Their fans need to keep on sleepwalking into purgatory. I find it cheers me up no end to see all the shit they are spewing forth. They have yet to get to the point we did with the old budgie cunt. I don't want them to realise this until it is too late.

• Upvote 1

He bid 25 million for Luke Shaw alone, which got rejected. That means he values Lallana at 5 million, this only works in David Moyes's mind.

Exactly , its a strange place Moyesworld  where Fellaini is worth 27 mill .  He could  probably draw a graph with the price on one axis and the players ability on the other and we would suddenly find Lee Catermole is the most expensive player in the world

United are the US reality TV princess given a brand new car for her 16th birthday and kicking off because it's gold and pink, not pink and gold. 

Just a horribly entitled club in essence, and as Section says, their inability to compute how normal service for all football clubs can apply to them will make the fall all the sweeter.

They will be laughed at heartily for that by all but their own and their apologists.  Fucking arseholes.

Hicks and Gillette dragging us from 2 CL finals in 3 years to near-extinction barely worth a whimper, but Taggart annointing Moe from The Tavern as his successor a national tragedy, eh Durham?

Outstanding post.

Damn, they've really been hard done by this season, haven't they?

I think they should be awarded the League title as a way of making it up them. Have good ol' Moyesie collect it after every Premier League club captain and manager giving him a guard of honour. 

Some gems in here.

That is so funny.  That is gold!  I pray that they qualify for the Europa League. 

That's hilarious by  Durham, but he's got a point about Martinez and Everton. I hope a few bitters are reading it and choking on their rage. 

The Echo's own account of the Arsenal whipping was priceless.  The first number of paragraphs and the headline could easily have been written by a red to get under their skin.

One of the links on the page is to one of his articles citing 10 reasons why neutrals should want us to win the title. Reading his comments on Everton as well, he's just fulfilling the Heil's MO - that English football (and by extension, all things English) is brilliant and above so much foreign muck, and please click on the link for this EXPLOSIVE article.