You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

• 9 months later...

He doesn't think our current side has what it takes to win the title. Now he is entitled to his opinion and we ourselves don't yet know if the side has what it takes, but what the fuck does he know about what it takes to challenge for the title? He inherited a squad that had won the league the previous season, lost none of the players and spent over £60m on 2 players to add to it. And yet most weekends he was stood on the touchline like a tit in a trance, not understanding with his underdog Alehouse Vic football was not producing results.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/goals-on-sunday/news/11506468/david-moyes-liverpool-not-ready-to-win-premier-league-title-despite-record-start

• Upvote 1

He’s talking out of his arse, again.  We’ve won our first 6 games in the league and just beat PSG.  We’ve got the record breaking goal scorer in our team and we’ve signed a far better keeper than we had and now have Van Dijk for the full season.

Of course we “can” win the league.  Whether we do or not will depend on a whole host of things but that’s not what he’s saying.  He’s literally saying we haven’t got what it takes because the side doesn’t have the same midfield players as it did 10 years ago and they didn’t win the league either.  If he was to say he thinks city will win it as they are better because of the manager/players/squad I think everyone would just say yeah fair enough. As has been said above he’s just playing to the bitter jealously of his two previous clubs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, suzy said:

I saw him this morning on that Goals on Sunday. I had to turn it off, he was laughing as he said ‘no’ when he was asked if we could win the league. So bitter it’s untrue

He's that out of touch these days, it's probably a good thing he's laughing his head off at the thought of us winning the league.

15 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Anyone else deeply saddened by his views there because they also have a huge amount of respect for his opinion?

I don't know how I'll get through the day.  My life will never be the same knowing that a hugely successful and popular manager has seen through the charade that Klopp is putting up, and how gullible we all are to be taken in by it.

20 hours ago, magicrat said:

Moyes has lost all his entertainment value. He will never surpass his short but hilarious career at the Mancs,  A truly stupendous study in incompetence. 

Having Matta in the box at 5'6 and banging something like 46 crosses into him in one match, none of which connected, will go down as one of the best tactical masterclasses of our age.

Like Rinus Michaels if his mum had been from Glasgow and sniffed glue.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Having Matta in the box at 5'6 and banging something like 46 crosses into him in one match, none of which connected, will go down as one of the best tactical masterclasses of our age.

It was the loss at Woodison that put the final nail in his coffin that had me in stitches. Perfect end to the show.

He also gave us the greatest line ever written in a match report (sorry Dave), on Fellaini: “very brave, sad, cartoon dandelion being chased by a gang of malevolent Lego men”. That season was perfect in every way, it really couldn’t have been any funnier. Did they ever release a dvd or a season review? Cause I would buy that shit 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/21/manchester-united-bayern-munich-champions-league

On 9/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, Section_31 said:

Who were they playing against? My only memory is of him looking bewildered on the touch line (which could have been any game, in fairness) and me laughing so hard I almost shat a lung

On 9/24/2018 at 8:31 PM, magicrat said:

It was the loss at Woodison that put the final nail in his coffin that had me in stitches. Perfect end to the show.

Do you remember the fan dressed up as the Grim Reaper in that game ..?.....had me in stitches....thought that was funny coming from the Ev.