You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

"I was devastated to lose the job because it was something I felt we could make a real success of," Moyes told the Mail on Sunday.

"In the end, I don't feel I was given the time to succeed or fail."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28825298

Taking over the league champions and not even getting into the uefa cup, I think we can safely call it a fail...

I think he's saying we hadn't seen just how much fail he could bring. He truly was Agent Moyes. We couldn't have made him up.

• Upvote 2

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2726774/DAVID-MOYES-EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-never-gave-time-succeed-fail.html

------------------------------------

The Scot lasted 10 months at Old Trafford after a successful 11-year spell in charge at Everton...

But even after a crushing defeat at Everton two days earlier, he was struggling to come to terms with the fact it was ending like this; struggling to believe, having given up the stability he had enjoyed for 11 successful years at Goodison Park...

‘I also went into the job thinking I want to do exactly what I did at Everton... Because why would I change when I had success working that way?'

u4sluch.jpg

• Upvote 6

The one thing I absolutely agree with is that he wasn't given enough time. He needed time to show that his £300m+ per annum generating club might be capable of potentially giving a slightly bloodied nose to the likes of big spending Swansea and Burnley.

"In reports that emerged in the days that followed his dismissal, it was suggested his attempts to contact Ferguson on that Easter Monday had proved unsuccessful. ‘I’ve met Alex on several occasions since I left,’ he says. ‘And I spoke to him about the days surrounding my departure. He explained it to me and I totally accepted what he said. He was in a difficult position, and I understood that."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Still reckon he's a decent manager at that level, the shite have airbrushed him out of history but he turned them from perennial relegation fodder into a pretty solid outfit. Clearly out of his depth at a top four side but not completely clueless. Every manager has their level and set of strengths and weaknesses that makes them suited to that job, Joe Royle could no more manage Barcelona than Wenger could manage Oldham.

Still reckon he's a decent manager at that level, the shite have airbrushed him out of history but he turned them from perennial relegation fodder into a pretty solid outfit. Clearly out of his depth at a top four side but not completely clueless. Every manager has their level and set of strengths and weaknesses that makes them suited to that job, Joe Royle could no more manage Barcelona than Wenger could manage Oldham.

The longer Bobby Brown Shoes coaches them the worse their defence becomes, too. As limited as Moyes is in an attacking sense, he can drill a back four.

I think he would do well at newcastle if i'm honest. 

ant and dec would do a better job than par dew mind 

wayay fuckin dinnit gan 

Not so sure. He was so fucking clueless at Utd that he's going to find it very hard to suddenly turn back the clock to appear the  canny well organised , consistent manager he was year in year out at Everton, His cover has been blown to reveal a uninspired , inarticulate dour man that doesn't really have much fire left in his belly. That Genie ain't going back in the bottle the moment he gets wheeled out at St James.  

Newcastle fans are just looking for any port in a storm.

Get Pardew out and Gollum in, they'll soon remember it's not just cockneys they object to and a return to their mythical tradition of playing the right way will be back at the top of their demands list.

They're just a northern West Ham; a baffling ongoing pretence to be somehow meaningful and widely respected.

• Upvote 3