You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

So was Moyes maybe Fergusons "guy off the street"? Javelin. I mean discuss

I think that Fergie saw Moyes as a safe pair of hands and assumed that keeping things going would not be too difficult.

If Moyes had "done an Avram Grant" and changed nothing, they might have coasted on for a bit longer. But fortunately for us, things went to Moyes head and he believed that stamping his mark on the club was a good thing...

I think that Fergie saw Moyes as a safe pair of hands and assumed that keeping things going would not be too difficult.

If Moyes had "done an Avram Grant" and changed nothing, they might have coasted on for a bit longer. But fortunately for us, things went to Moyes head and he believed that stamping his mark on the club was a good thing...

Fortunately? Are you trying to tell me it was a good thing for us that Moyes was sacked?

Fortunately? Are you trying to tell me it was a good thing for us that Moyes was sacked?

I think he meant that Moyes thought he could put his own stamp on the club rather than keeping a low profile . Moyes was always going to get sacked , personally I enjoyed the fact that he fucked up so spectacularly even though he didn't see out the season . Just a pity we didn't make their season complete and take the title

• Upvote 2

That's not what you wrote, though.

Quite the opposite, It was very unfortunate that he thought it would be a good idea to put his stamp on the club. If he hadn't, he might still have been there and we'd have one more glorious season of Man U failure to look forward to.

MANCHESTER United has made Wayne Rooney its new captain as reward for his unswerving dedication to the club.

According to chief executive Ed Woodward, the appointment is the logical next step in Rooney’s Man United career, after the 28-year old demonstrated his loyalty by submitting just two transfer requests in the past four years.

Woodward said: “He has worked tirelessly to inspire his teammates through his repeated efforts to force a move to Real Madrid, his constant jockeying for a wage increase and his recurring bouts of fatness.

“We’re confident that he will set an excellent example to younger players, who can always look to him for a comforting elbow to the ribs or a quiet four-letter word in the ear.”

Manchester United fan Donna Sheridan said: “It’s a good thing there are no recent instances of this club getting a big decision wrong, as the seamless handover from Alex Ferguson to Louis van Gaal demonstrates.”

Rooney has promised to repay the club by gorging himself on waffles, getting in a mood, and demanding another pay rise in six months’ time.

• Upvote 7

This is the part of the gig where the band have elaborately said goodbye and exited in different directions, but the lights have yet to come back on.  The crowd are hopeful, urging them to return and play a few more.  What's this, that's not, are they...they're COMING BACK ON!

Moyes has given his first interview since dismissal, and says he wasn't given enough time to succeed or fail.

With regard to the latter, he must be a true genius then.

• Upvote 1

‘But it was the right job for me. I’d been at Everton for more than 11 years. We’d qualified for the Champions League, got to an FA Cup final, I’d been voted manager of the season three times. I was among the most experienced managers in the Premier League. United had always had British managers.

Nothing strange about it. Liverpool ain't won the premiership. Man utd have stormed it for the last 20 years. Get yourself out of the victim mentality for fucks sake!

"Premiership" ?

Football did not start with sky sports. It's called "the league" as in Manchester City won 'the league' because they finished top of "the league" and it dos'nt matter if you finish top of "the league" in 1938 or you finish top of "the league" in 2014 you are "league" champions because you have won "the fucking league"

• Upvote 5

I’d been at Everton for more than 11 years. We’d qualified for the Champions League, got to an FA Cup final, I’d been voted manager of the season three times. I was among the most experienced managers in the Premier League.

Actually, they didn't qualify for the Champions League. One fourth place finish and one cup final in eleven years. Winner.

Lost for words.

MOTD2 Extra

Daily Mail chief sports reporter Matt Lawton on the future of former Manchester United manager David Moyes: "I think he goes abroad next. I don't think there are too many opportunities here that will interest him. There's interest from Crystal Palace but, with the greatest respect, I don't think he is ready to drop from Manchester United to Crystal Palace yet."

"I was devastated to lose the job because it was something I felt we could make a real success of," Moyes told the Mail on Sunday. 

"In the end, I don't feel I was given the time to succeed or fail."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28825298

Taking over the league champions and not even getting into the uefa cup, I think we can safely call it a fail...