You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

That "United Road" song, to the tune of Karma Chameleon, is the cringeworthiest piece of shite I've ever heard.

Ha ha... Karma Chameleon????  As bad as mancs version is, I think John Denver would be even more depressed to hear that statement.....

Moyes " I'm not surprised everton are doing well, don't forget they finished above Liverpool in the past two seasons"

He's thick as shit. His lack of self awareness is staggering.

In trying to bull up his own achievements he's thrown the spotlight on his calamitous failure. A journalist should have reminded him he now manages a side that finished 27 points ahead of Liverpool last season and are now 20 points adrift, despite the club spending approx 80 million quid on Zaha, Mata and Fellani.

Long may he remain.

Every time a returning player / manager gets a poor reception it is deemed a 'bad' thing but everybody from Martinez & Kendall downward seem to be desperate to have Moyes barracked tomorrow.

For what crime would this be ? It seems  that 10 years of relative success ( certainly by the previous 5 years standard ) is overridden by making a 'low' bid for Fellaini & Baines. I would suggest rather than booing him they should give him a reacharound for giving them £28m for Marouane the Useless.

• Upvote 1

Moyes " I'm not surprised everton are doing well, don't forget they finished above Liverpool in the past two seasons"

He's thick as shit. His lack of self awareness is staggering.

In trying to bull up his own achievements he's thrown the spotlight on his calamitous failure. A journalist should have reminded him he now manages a side that finished 27 points ahead of Liverpool last season and are now 20 points adrift, despite the club spending approx 80 million quid on Zaha, Mata and Fellani.

Long may he remain.

He's brilliant. Every word out of his mouth is comedy gold.

Ian Ross (former director of communications and briefly the chief executive at Everton) on Moyes:

"Moyes will unquestionably upset and irritate far more people than he will amuse and beguile. The initial convivial smiles will disappear to be replaced by the more familiar pale-faced grimaces which so characterised his years on Merseyside."

"[He] built teams which were designed to avoid defeat" and "often – indeed, too often for comfort – stood accused of regarding narrow defeats at the hands of his club's perceived betters akin to triumphs. Moyes's fate will almost certainly be decided by his ability, or lack of it, within the transfer market. He often bought both well and prudently but I was once shown a list of the players offered to Moyes who he subsequently declined to take a chance on. It would be wrong to go into detail here – but it was one hell of a lineup."

• Upvote 1

Probably the most positive thing you can say about Moyes is that he did buy some very good players for them. You can't really argue with that. He bought some shite as well of course, but then all managers do. Hopefully his record in the transfer market will be enough to convince their board to give him another year or two.

Danny Welbeck considering his future at Manchester United

• Striker unhappy under David Moyes

• Potential target for Arsenal and Spurs

Danny Welbeck is considering his future at Manchester United after becoming dismayed at his lack of opportunity as a striker under David Moyes and unsure of his relationship with the manager.

Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are two clubs interested in signing Welbeck whose pedigree as a Premier League winner and established international make him an attractive target in the close season.

Welbeck is aware of the interest and is weighing up his options as he is intent on ensuring his career does not stall under Moyes.

Welbeck will have two years left on his current contract in the summer, the usual juncture when fresh terms would be offered to him. Now the 23-year-old, who currently earns around £70,000 a-week, may decide against signing on once more.

Welbeck has scored 10 times in 32 appearances for the club during the campaign and is frustrated at his limited chances as a forward, with Moyes often playing him in a wide position.

Moyes has caused bemusement on occasion during what has been an unsuccessful first season in charge. In mid-December, Moyes claimed that he had been forced to instruct Welbeck to stay behind for extra training, telling him to follow Wayne Rooney's example.

The Scot said: "I've got to say we had a word with him about a month ago and we said that he needs to be the last off the training field. Wayne's out there practising his finishing each day, whether it's taking free-kicks, shooting from tight angles or bending them in, whatever it may be, Wayne's practising. I said: 'Danny, you need to be out there every day finishing, even if it's 15 minutes at the end.'"

Welbeck questioned Moyes's claim, saying a few days later: "I have been doing that ever since I have been at United. Obviously I have been injured this season so maybe the manager has not seen me on the training pitch as much."

Last week Moyes disciplined Welbeck, along with Tom Cleverley and Ashley Young, for a night out in Manchester following the Champions League exit to Bayern Munich.

While United had no game for 10 days before Sunday's trip to Everton and the manager had given his squad three days off, Cleverley, Welbeck and Young are thought to have contravened stipulations that they should not be out late within 48 hours of the tie.

Moyes's decision was not received well, and if Welbeck was to leave it would be a significant blow to the manager's hopes of restoring United to serious title challengers next season. Welbeck is a lifelong United fan, who is from the city, and his unhappiness signals further disgruntlement within the squad.

In January The Guardian reported that some senior players were uncertain of Moyes's credentials and with United well outside a Champions League berth the questions remain.

Nemanja Vidic, the captain, has already announced he will depart in the summer with the futures of Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra also in the balance.

Javier Hernández, Shinji Kagawa, Darren Fletcher, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Alexander Büttner and Ryan Giggs are other members of Moyes's squad whose futures are also in doubt.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/20/danny-welbeck-unhappy-future-manchester-united-moyes

the mancs are horrible cunts. The more they sink the more vicious they'll get, like the bitters did for so long. Was amused to see Manchester itself had dropped out of the top 10 places to visit in the UK with Liverpool now at second, one tourism mogul on North West tonight actually said Manchester should advertise itself abroad as 'being close to Liverpool', which I thought was fucking hilarious.

Fucking shit, London-light wannabe city which basically consists of three traffic jams and an indoor ski slope, slate grey Soviet -era one bedroom flats populated by BBC interns from Lemington Spa drinking seven quid pints and Salford born scruffs decked out in Lonsdale t-shirt. Council houses indeed.

Second place is where they belong. Get back to hell you twats.  

t1000-death-sequence-o.gif

• Upvote 11

There's nothing interesting or of any note in Manchester. There's a few decent places to eat and the odd decent pub in the city centre but that's about it. Used to be good for shopping before Liverpool's retail expanded. Cheeky bastards as well when they go on about scousers being robbing bastards when they have a ridiculously high burglary and car theft rate.