You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

nothing to do with the owners imo

had it not been for Ferguson also starting off shit there he'd have gone weeks ago but everyone involved in that club are clutching at that straw

Of course its down to them, they listened to him didnt they?

Dont think people realised how much Ferguson was keeping them going. This has been coming for years, and Ive been saying it ever since the green and gold campaign started. Once Ferguson packed it in, they were always going to struggle. He was the one who built them into what they are now and the Glazers banked on him keeping it going. They gave him money to keep the side going and he sided with them. 

The problem obviously was when he eventually did retire they would have to try and make a football decision themselves and they were obviously snookered because of Gill going too.

They're genuinely fucked for the next couple of years unless Moyes somehow flukes the European Cup this year. 

Of course its down to them, they listened to him didnt they?

Dont think people realised how much Ferguson was keeping them going. This has been coming for years, and Ive been saying it ever since the green and gold campaign started. Once Ferguson packed it in, they were always going to struggle. He was the one who built them into what they are now and the Glazers banked on him keeping it going. They gave him money to keep the side going and he sided with them. 

The problem obviously was when he eventually did retire they would have to try and make a football decision themselves and they were obviously snookered because of Gill going too.

They're genuinely fucked for the next couple of years unless Moyes somehow flukes the European Cup this year. 

no I think your completely bang on with what your saying there I think your misunderstanding what I said about the owners,  I meant its not about them being the patient sort who gives managers time, the only reason he hasn't gone yet is because Ferguson had a shit start and turned it round massively so everyone involved in the club is hoping that happens again

Ferguson's desire to control and dominate has basically set the club back 20 years again, it's beautiful. Mourinho wanted the job and he could have spent the 60-70 million fuckface has spunked on some decent players and got them cemented in the top 4 at least, if not him then a manager with equal pedigree, they'd have been queuing up to take the job, but alas no, Ferguson wanted someone there that would take his 'advice', another sycophant. When Moyes goes they'll probably put Jim Smith in there. Fucking quality.

They are in a bad bad spot now. Players fucking off. Players waiting to get it off their chests about the current state of affairs. All bad.

Why anyone would think them capable of winning the CL is fucking ridiculous. They will struggle against Olympiacos. The fear factor has disappeared. Purple took that with him.

My only concern is that someone like Klopp gets pissed off at Dortmund and fancies it there. Still it will need a lot of rebuilding with a lot of spending.

That will take time. They will win fuck all for the forseeable. 

What's all this talk of sympathy???

Exactly.  If he was a less deluded and sour individual he'd have given it the big swerve.  Instead he's talked about how when the time comes he'll be doing plenty of shouting, just as he crowed when they did us to 4th that year, tried to get the European champions booted out of defending it, and when they beat us in the FA Cup came into the subsequent press-conference staring people down and saying "Where's everyone who thought Liverpool would win now?"

Lest we forget, this prick has spent the past 10 years using our club as an inexhaustible excuse for his own mediocrity, drawing out tension from the bitters' fanbase with among other things calculated comments on Heysel setting Everton back years, and generally constantly using us having more wealth than them as a catch-all scapegoat for him failing to do anything of note.  Relations only relatively started to improve between the two clubs again when The King came back and showed him how it's done, with his eternal class as a man.

Now Gollum's moved to a corporate juggernaut, and at the same time his fig leaf of being the little guy with no money has been whipped off him, someone's come into his old club and by and large proven most of what he was saying there was a crock.  Throughout all of this, he's maintained his dislikeable demeanour and delved ever deeper into his big book of excuses, showing neither grace nor humility.

Let's be honest, this isn't just about United doing badly.  Moyes being at the helm while they get tossed around in stormy seas is a good 10%+ of it for me; the guy's a fucking whopper.

• Upvote 22

One of the most amusing things about today is that when Fulham equalised, a fair few of their fans had left and some of them were probably already in their cars on the way home when they'll have learned of the equaliser.

I was in me dads watching it with him when he turned it off after 3 minutes of injury time, imagine my delight when he rang me at 7.30 to ask if I'd seen the scores, I hadn't even checked after leaving his. Bit of Fergie time for Fulham.

Exactly.  If he was a less deluded and sour individual he'd have given it the big swerve.  Instead he's talked about how when the time comes he'll be doing plenty of shouting, just as he crowed when they did us to 4th that year, tried to get the European champions booted out of defending it, and when they beat us in the FA Cup came into the subsequent press-conference staring people down and saying "Where's everyone who thought Liverpool would win now?"

Lest we forget, this prick has spent the past 10 years using our club as an inexhaustible excuse for his own mediocrity, drawing out tension from the bitters' fanbase with among other things calculated comments on Heysel setting Everton back years, and generally constantly using us having more wealth than them as a catch-all scapegoat for him failing to do anything of note.  Relations only relatively started to improve between the two clubs again when The King came back and showed him how it's done, with his eternal class as a man.

Now Gollum's moved to a corporate juggernaut, and at the same time his fig leaf of being the little guy with no money has been whipped off him, someone's come into his old club and by and large proven most of what he was saying there was a crock.  Throughout all of this, he's maintained his dislikeable demeanour and delved ever deeper into his big book of excuses, showing neither grace nor humility.

Let's be honest, this isn't just about United doing badly.  Moyes being at the helm while they get tossed around in stormy seas is a good 10%+ of it for me; the guy's a fucking whopper.

That's a great post. My only quibble is that for me it's nearer 50%, for all the reasons spelt out.

• Upvote 1