You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

have you noticed that a lot of managers doing shit get the "sacked in the morning" chants from opposition but no-one does it at Moyes

I presume its to not give the Glazers any ideas

Exactly. I hope they beat Arsenal to prolong his tenure (as well as to continue Arsenal's slide). We don't want them to get trigger-happy now...

On redcafe they are discussing whether the players are right to follow Moysies instructions or should go against them. The whole thing is turning into a Next Generation episode!

they've managed to convince themselves if they don't make Europe they will make a shit load of money playing midweek friendlies in Abu Dhabi!

Dave wont be getting sacked just yet although if they carry on in this vein he may fall on his sword at the end of the season. He honestly looks a haunted man right now and I bet if he was brutally honest he would be wishing he was back at Woodison.  I could see the tap on the shoulder from Slur to say "you don't look too good , take a rest laddie"

Mata will be there a lot longer than Moyes, that's for sure.

How much to pay him off though, and all his backroom staff?  Plus a precedent is then set, all this we give manager's time stuff blown away.  Any new manager will be under the media pressure if they have a sticky run, as the last one got binned quickly.

They're in quite the Catch-22, and it's one to sit back and enjoy with a glass of something nice and your own angry hard-on.

I find it astounding that he is still in a job. I guess its good to see owners who dont load the gun too quick though. His poor fucking wife.

nothing to do with the owners imo

had it not been for Ferguson also starting off shit there he'd have gone weeks ago but everyone involved in that club are clutching at that straw

On redcafe they are discussing whether the players are right to follow Moysies instructions or should go against them. The whole thing is turning into a Next Generation episode!

On The Liverpool Way, people claim that players actually ignored the manager's instructions in 2009.

The annoying thing is, that it will actually be a lot easier for the next Man united manager now as they will be following Moyes rather than Ferguson.

A decent manager could turn them round overnight. That's the funniest part about it!

The opposite of the poisoned chalice some claim taking over from Ferguson represented: The Moyesoned chalice.

• Upvote 1

"If you're at Manchester United, my thinking is that you have to go for everything. You attempt to win everything. Maybe you miss out at times, but you attempt to win all the trophies.

"I've set out with that intention everywhere else I've been, and I'll certainly do it here because I've got a bigger squad, quality players and a club with a tradition who have been used to winning trophies."

Sir Alex Ferguson won his 13th and United's 20th league title before retiring in May, and Moyes added: "Fortunately, he's left me a really strong team, which I think gives me a great chance of retaining the title."

United have a tradition of playing attacking football and Moyes aims to pick a side who will entertain.

"I hope so," he said. "But I would always put winning at the top of the list. I don't think I'll ever change in that. I'm sure Sir Alex would as well.

"If you had a great entertaining team but didn't win the games, then it's never getting you anywhere. So you've got to get the balance right, and I hope I can."

bbf650e8.gif

• Upvote 1