You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

I'm loving their struggles this season as much as the next man, but I have to confess that I can't breathe easily. We have half a season to go and they are only 5 points behind us. I hate to dampen the mood, but there's plenty of time to get egg on our faces. When we finish top four (preferably top three to be sure of CL) and they finish in the Europa spots or worse, I will be at the front of the queue to rub it in. But they're not dead yet. 

• Upvote 2

I'm loving their struggles this season as much as the next man, but I have to confess that I can't breathe easily. We have half a season to go and they are only 5 points behind us. I hate to dampen the mood, but there's plenty of time to get egg on our faces. When we finish top four (preferably top three to be sure of CL) and they finish in the Europa spots or worse, I will be at the front of the queue to rub it in. But they're not dead yet. 

Dodos are taking the piss out of them.

That is a justifiable worry, given we have been very very good and they have been shite.

We just have to keep being very very good I guess.

The lack of self awareness and the obvious lack of irony is shocking.

He has either A - Not seen a United game for 20 years or B - Has been indoctrinated into the ways of the wanker even more than when he was at the blues.

It's the pressure though isn't it ? Please give us pens, please protect our diver...........

Long may it continue although the cunt will probably fluke them another CL.

• Downvote 1

Guest davelfc

I've heard quite a few people saying the fear factor has gone, well it certainly appears to be true. Referees do not seem to be scared of making the right decisions any more.

I understand those urging caution, however I'm living this one in the moment. It is fucking hilarious.

Yes they're 5 points behind us, I've seen this point used by them to defend their season. From a team that last season won the premiership and finished 28 points ahead of us. Rogers said it was 'unprecedented' for a team to go from 7th to 1st, seems so far the reverse could be possible.

The winner, who won nothing but is still a winner, might yet turn this around. For now my socks remain wet.

To me the reaction at United is like Louis Winthorp III when he suddenly loses all his trappings. They've lost their royal privileges for the time being, and the petulant reaction shows just how very entitled they had become, which in the situation they now face has given them a dangerously soft underbelly. The decisions being given against them or not given for them are nothing exceptional for everyone else, it really is bread and butter stuff. Their opening fixtures, little different to ours last year, or Swansea this year.

But Moyes appears to have expected to roll into United, slip into Ferguson's pyjamas and silk robe and wield his authority by proxy. I think it contrasts really favourably for Brendan, as with the exception of comments after the City game he's made a point of not crying when circumstances have been less than favourable.

Moyes on the other hand seems to feel cheated having to sit in cattle class with everyone else, because Taggart sat in the cockpit with his feet on the pilot telling him what speed and altitude to fly at. I get the fear of him coming back for 6 months, but remember the first time he said he'd retire at the end of that season. He became a ghost, the long-term fear factor gone. Everyone has seen the Emperor's New Clothes now.

And speaking of Trading Places, no wonder Ferguson looked so glum in that old mafia Dons giving the order scene with Charlton. He'd just had to hand a pound over to him.

• Upvote 5

To me the reaction at United is like Louis Winthorp III when he suddenly loses all his trappings. They've lost their royal privileges for the time being, and the petulant reaction shows just how very entitled they had become, which in the situation they now face has given them a dangerously soft underbelly. The decisions being given against them or not given for them are nothing exceptional for everyone else, it really is bread and butter stuff. Their opening fixtures, little different to ours last year, or Swansea this year.

But Moyes appears to have expected to roll into United, slip into Ferguson's pyjamas and silk robe and wield his authority by proxy. I think it contrasts really favourably for Brendan, as with the exception of comments after the City game he's made a point of not crying when circumstances have been less than favourable.

Moyes on the other hand seems to feel cheated having to sit in cattle class with everyone else, because Taggart sat in the cockpit with his feet on the pilot telling him what speed and altitude to fly at. I get the fear of him coming back for 6 months, but remember the first time he said he'd retire at the end of that season. He became a ghost, the long-term fear factor gone. Everyone has seen the Emperor's New Clothes now.

And speaking of Trading Places, no wonder Ferguson looked so glum in that old mafia Dons giving the order scene with Charlton. He'd just had to hand a pound over to him.

I thought Ferguson looked really haggard last night.  Like he'd ages 10 years in 6 months

He's indirectly responsible for the Glazers buying the club, directly responsible for supporting their asset-stripping publically so he could try in vain to win a third European Cup, and handpicked Moyes. That's floods, swarms of insects and plague to the modern United. He's probably realised he's going to have to come back.

• Upvote 2