You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Ferguson played a blinder in ensuring he appointed them someone who had absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near his achievements but also been clever enough to appoint someone with a good enough reputation as to not arouse suspicion, he'd have given them Iain Dowie if he could've got away with it

I don't think any of us on here are particular fans of the old manager drunk cunt, but he dedicated a large part of his life to bringing success to those bunch of cunts.

To suggest he'd happily sabotage them now he's no there is ridiculous, and pretending it was in his thinking is up there in the conspiracy stakes. He chose Moyes because he thought he would continue the success he started, and had shown his ability to stick with a club through good and bad.

Makes me cringe a bit when people put forward that nonsense as though it may have some basis in truth.

I am really not buying into this idea that Ferguson wishes to protect his reputation by appointing someone shite. Horrible cunt that he is no one can doubt the mans professionalism and love for his club.

Whilst I would agree he is selfish he has always put the interests of Man U first. He stuck with the owners, never rocked the boat, kept on delivering trophies and to suggest he would wish to undo all this by appointing a bell end is laughable.

Shanklys place at he head of our table is reinforced by the success of the guys that followed not undermined by it and I think the same applies here.

Moyes is a decent manager and the test of whether he succeeds or not will not be down solely to his managerial ability but whether or not the board of United wish to compete with the 90m / 50m transfers which are now becoming the norm.

I don't think any of us on here are particular fans of the old manager drunk cunt, but he dedicated a large part of his life to bringing success to those bunch of cunts.

To suggest he'd happily sabotage them now he's no there is ridiculous, and pretending it was in his thinking is up there in the conspiracy stakes. He chose Moyes because he thought he would continue the success he started, and had shown his ability to stick with a club through good and bad.

Makes me cringe a bit when people put forward that nonsense as though it may have some basis in truth.

So why didn't he put forward Ancelloti, Mourinho, Guardiola, Pellegrini or any other proven manager that has moved this summer?

Seriously, can you see Moyes with the PL or CL title in his hands?

So why didn't he put forward Ancelloti, Mourinho, Guardiola, Pellegrini or any other proven manager that has moved this summer?

Seriously, can you see Moyes with the PL or CL title in his hands?

Wasn't he meeting Guardiola a lot over the last year? I'd be surprised if he didn't try and get him. Guardiola came out recently and said he wanted to manage in England, but not for a few more years, so maybe he was off the table.

The other managers you've mentioned all have histories of spending 2/3 years at clubs, so maybe he wanted someone to establish another 20yr reign.

Seriously, what is more plausible - that he wants to see the club he loves continue it's domestic dominance, or he wants them to turn to s**t so he looks better?

Lets be f**king honest, his place in history is assured regardless of what Moyes does/doesn't win in his time there.

If you got the chance to manage Liverpool, established us as dominant, then got the opportunity to replace yourself when you left. Would you go for someone shit hoping they failed, or someone you hoped would do well?

It's fucking insanity.

Maybe, and how about this for a theory, he likes Moyes? He knows his background, and they've been friends for years, and has always taken an interest in his career, so he may of reminded him of himself?

Actually, no, you're probably right. It makes sense to assume that he now wants to destroy in 2/3 years, what he built up over his time. You're a fucking mad man.

Wasn't he meeting Guardiola a lot over the last year? I'd be surprised if he didn't try and get him. Guardiola came out recently and said he wanted to manage in England, but not for a few more years, so maybe he was off the table.

The other managers you've mentioned all have histories of spending 2/3 years at clubs, so maybe he wanted someone to establish another 20yr reign.

Seriously, what is more plausible - that he wants to see the club he loves continue it's domestic dominance, or he wants them to turn to s**t so he looks better?

Lets be f**king honest, his place in history is assured regardless of what Moyes does/doesn't win in his time there.

If you got the chance to manage Liverpool, established us as dominant, then got the opportunity to replace yourself when you left. Would you go for someone shit hoping they failed, or someone you hoped would do well?

It's fucking insanity.

Maybe, and how about this for a theory, he likes Moyes? He knows his background, and they've been friends for years, and has always taken an interest in his career, so he may of reminded him of himself?

Actually, no, you're probably right. It makes sense to assume that he now wants to destroy in 2/3 years, what he built up over his time. You're a fucking mad man.

It all depends on the person doesn't it? I genuinely love Liverpool FC, so of course I'd want whats best for the club after me in that situation. Ferguson however seemed to spurred on more by his hatred for us than by his love for Manchester United. In terms of the league he's accomplished his goal of "knocking us off our perch" (not in terms of total major trophies however but we all want the league again, potentially more than ever but I'm young so I don't actually know that, so even then you really can't argue that he's had his say in how we feel). Obviously I don't know the man personally, but it's quite possible that he cares more about his own legacy than his club's. There are plenty examples of people thinking this way in sport alone, let alone in the entirety of the world.

It all depends on the person doesn't it? I genuinely love Liverpool FC, so of course I'd want whats best for the club after me in that situation. Ferguson however seemed to spurred on more by his hatred for us than by his love for Manchester United. In terms of the league he's accomplished his goal of "knocking us off our perch" (not in terms of total major trophies however but we all want the league again, potentially more than ever but I'm young so I don't actually know that, so even then you really can't argue that he's had his say in how we feel). Obviously I don't know the man personally, but it's quite possible that he cares more about his own legacy than his club's. There are plenty examples of people thinking this way in sport alone, let alone in the entirety of the world.

This is just pure projection - You seriously think a man that driven to achieve success is motivated more by his hatred of us, than winning itself? Apart from a couple of seasons here and there, we've unfortunately been largely irrelevant when it's come to collecting the big trophies.

This is a man who was so dedicated to winning, that he tore his team to shreds after winning one of the cups in his Aberdeen days. No one gets to the top like that based on hatred of something. Driven by success, not by the failure of another club.

I am really not buying into this idea that Ferguson wishes to protect his reputation by appointing someone shite. Horrible cunt that he is no one can doubt the mans professionalism and love for his club.

Whilst I would agree he is selfish he has always put the interests of Man U first. He stuck with the owners, never rocked the boat, kept on delivering trophies and to suggest he would wish to undo all this by appointing a bell end is laughable.

Shanklys place at he head of our table is reinforced by the success of the guys that followed not undermined by it and I think the same applies here.

Moyes is a decent manager and the test of whether he succeeds or not will not be down solely to his managerial ability but whether or not the board of United wish to compete with the 90m / 50m transfers which are now becoming the norm.

All palpably true.

Why some people wish to dream up mental conspiracy theories is beyond me.

Ferguson always put winning the league as his top priority. A foreign manager would never care about that as much as a British manager - how long was Rafa here before he realised how important winning the league was to the fans? That's why he put Moyes.

Mourinho, Pellegrini, et al. aren't that bothered by coming in second or third - their priority is the CL. I think the same thing is true of Spurs.

Was imagining the soft cunt cringing uncontrollably every time he read a post questioning fergie.

Yeah, that's what my post was about. I don't give a shit about that cunt, it bothers me when we lower ourselves to ridiculous conspiracy theories about him wanting to see the next man fail. Not only that, but one of his friends.

Ferguson always put winning the league as his top priority. A foreign manager would never care about that as much as a British manager - how long was Rafa here before he realised how important winning the league was to the fans? That's why he put Moyes.

Mourinho, Pellegrini, et al. aren't that bothered by coming in second or third - their priority is the CL. I think the same thing is true of Spurs.

How you know that Mourinho and Pellegrini aren't arsed about winning the league? That's an absurd thing to say. Mangers of their ilk will want to win the league and Champions League.

To say that Rafa, who had previously won La Liga twice, didn't initially realise that winning the Premier League is a big deal, is stupid.

I said they weren't that arsed about it. They may have strong enough squads to compete for the PL and CL titles but I suspect if they had to, they'd take the CL. Last year, when Ferguson had a chance to close out the PL he put the best side he had on the pitch, this with a Cl game on Weds.

As for Rafa - don't you remember losing 3-1 to Reading? I remember him saying that he was here awhile before he understood what winning the league meant to fans.

Oh, and:

Former Liverpool midfielder Ronnie Whelan has accused manager Rafa Benitez of prioritising the Champions League ahead of the Reds' faltering Premier League campaign.

Whelan, who won six league titles during his Anfield career, believes Benitez's decision to substitute striker Fernando Torres after an hour of the Reds' 3-1 defeat to Fulham - when the scores were locked at 1-1 - was proof the Spaniard has his eye on Europe.

The Reds face Lyon away on Wednesday night, and Whelan told Ireland's RTE Television: "It's all gone wrong with the manager and he's shown exactly where his priorities lie. He wants to win the European Cup so he can get a job in Europe."

The defeat at Fulham slipped the Reds nine points behind Premier League leaders Chelsea, and Whelan believes Benitez may not see out the season in charge.

"For me, his days have got to be numbered at Liverpool," he added.

"He's taken players off who are the only players who are going to give you a chance of winning the game.

"And he drags them all off because he's got a game on Wednesday.

"When I saw the team I thought he's not bothered about this game. He's putting all his eggs in one basket and I can't see why he's done it."

2009. People have got short memories.

Yeah, that's what my post was about. I don't give a shit about that cunt, it bothers me when we lower ourselves to ridiculous conspiracy theories about him wanting to see the next man fail. Not only that, but one of his friends.

who gives a shit, its the Internet and it's fergie.

shit conspiracy theories or not, getting worked up about something as insignificant as this makes you look daft.

That silly old cunt ferguson was a brilliant manager. We know that. Now he's appointed some inexperienced cunt as manager. This could be the worst transfer in legacy. Only time will tell. All I know is that never write off those bunch of cunts from winning something. Moyes may find his feet and become another legend. But by te look that Ashley Young was giving him during our game suggests he hasn't got the Fergie factor.