You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Yeah but what if Palace beat them?

Although it'll be massively funny, I don't want it to go so wrong that he's out of the job by Christmas. They'll just bring someone in capable of the job then.

Them winning a domestic cup this year wouldn't be all that bad if the winner Moyes gets another summer shaping the team in his image.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If Palace even scrape a draw he is in the shit.

He can't fail so badly they sack him early though, they need to hover around 6th, then fall at the end of the season. Make it so.

Ferguson played a blinder in ensuring he appointed them someone who had absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near his achievements but also been clever enough to appoint someone with a good enough reputation as to not arouse suspicion, he'd have given them Iain Dowie if he could've got away with it

They'll keep Moyes and Utd will probably do enough in the CL and premier league that his job is secure. Remember he was chosen by SAF. Behind the scenes, that Woodward guy will get the blame for messing up in the transfer market. It won't be Moyes who gets the chop. He is "The Chosen One".

He can't fail so badly they sack him early though, they need to hover around 6th, then fall at the end of the season. Make it so.

No, I want to see him humiliated. Standing on the touchline in the pissing rain as a relegation candidate puts his sorry team to the sword, clutching an umbrella that doesn't work properly. That sort of thing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, I want to see him humiliated. Standing on the touchline in the pissing rain as a relegation candidate puts his sorry team to the sword, clutching an umbrella that doesn't work properly. That sort of thing.

But do we want him to be gone by Christmas? I don't, I want him to fuck up next summer and sink the lot of the cunts. The they can bring out the brolly.

But do we want him to be gone by Christmas? I don't, I want him to fuck up next summer and sink the lot of the cunts. The they can bring out the brolly.

Yeah, I want to see him fail spectacularly for the comedy value. Then pay him off and bring someone else in who's a bit shit. And get stuck in a cycle...

If he sticks around it'll be because he's doing very well. It's a tough league (in my opinion).

Moyes is simply fuckin shite, I cant believe anyone thought he would do an even half decent job at the mancs.

Personally I agree with this.

Ferguson offered him the job on the fucking sly (that never gets reported),

the way he shafted his empliers of 10 years Everton out of compensation

he couldn't sign any targets in 6 weeks

he loses to Liverpool and praises his team? if that was Ferguson he would spend 3 minutes talking about Wellbeck should have a pen and that our players bullied RVP.

He is weak, yet still, many folk I talk to still think he will do well.

I have already said this in this thread but unless things go disastrously wrong they will not fire Moyes. Ferguson chose him and on his final game in OT he called on the fans to have patience. Those words will be repeated during the season but they will not get rid of him.

Some manc put up the picture of slur saying this on the last game the other today on Facebook! Had to laugh been waiting tor this time all my life!

They'll keep Moyes and Utd will probably do enough in the CL and premier league that his job is secure. Remember he was chosen by SAF. Behind the scenes, that Woodward guy will get the blame for messing up in the transfer market. It won't be Moyes who gets the chop. He is "The Chosen One".

Funny you should say that. I had seen on a thread about football on an otherwise non-football website that the manc RAWK has started blaming Woodward already.

Also saw a Moyes out twitter campaign has been started as well though.

I do tend to agree with you though. Moyes will see out the season at least unless he pulls a Hodgson and has them in the bottom half of the table before January.

I still think he'll finish second or third. Fourth at worst.

Which is good, because as TK notes above, ideally he'll be around for long enough to drag their reputation down from "one of the biggest/best run clubs in Europe" to "possibly teetering on the edge of a big drop." He's nowhere near as bad as Hodgson, sadly, but I could easily see Moyes taking them to a position where they're competing to get into the top four if they leave him there for a few years.

I'd like to see him in charge for at least one more summer window, at minimum. We know from experience how one or two bad windows can affect a team for a long, long time trying to get rid of the deadwood, and nothing would make me happier than watching the Mancs go through that.

The next managerial appointment will be the really important one, though. If they get it right, it will be just the "Moyes blip" in their form, perhaps lasting a year or two. If they get it wrong, it could be Souness-style jumping-off-their-perch-into-the-abyss like we had 20 years ago.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
In the unlikely event that he did get sacked after one season who would there be available to take over?. Most managers considered to be top class have recently joined new clubs and how would Ferguson cope coming out of retirement' date=' would he still have the energy or motivation to sort the mess out?[/quote']

If they do it quick, they'll still be able to pull quality managers from other clubs.

They could have had Guardiola and Thiago if they planned it right. They ended up with Fellaini and Moyes. Happy with that. They don't normally make huge mistakes, but letting that manager, CEO and backroom staff all leave, then actively chose to replace them with their Everton counterparts is a massive error.

That's how empires fall. It might just be the first domino, but once they start falling it's hard to stop them toppling over. We've seen our own dominoes fall, we know first hand how quick it starts. And how hard it is to build them back up.

I think the Mancs will once again be there or there abouts this season, they still pretty much have last seasons title winning squad to chose from and while they won't win it they'll be close enough to give Moyes some breathing space. However the damage will be done in 2-3 years time, when the chosen one has the job of replacing and rebuilding the core of that squad. That's when he will cock up.

Ferguson squeezed every last drop out of what is , by the standards they've set over the last 20years, a pretty poor Manc team. Moyes hasn't got the aura or the ability needed to be able to do that. It won't fall down over night but I honestly think the Mancs could have dropped a bollock of Hodgson esque proportions.

The mancs will finish outside the top 4.

Rafa managed to fall from 2nd with 86 points to 7th with 63 points in one season, why should not the inferior David Moyes manage to do the same in a job where he is clearly out of his depth and to be honest a pretty ageing and average squad.

Lurking in the middle of this article, Gibson lands this 'farce' squarely on the shoulders of Utd's CEO Ed Woodward, but with a smattering of sympathy for the transfer market virgin:

"This summer, Woodward was the victim of a combination of bad luck and bad judgment. Despite his obvious negotiating skills, evidenced by the 31% leap in United's commercial revenues in the last year alone, he is new to the rarified air of the top end of the European transfer market, which is still controlled by a handful of executives and so-called "super agents".

Woodward's outsider status will not have helped. It is not unusual for even seasoned executives, subject to the cut and thrust of the transfer window for the first time, to be gripped by a kind of paralysis as they recoil from the almost obscene sums at play and the vicissitudes of players and agents."