You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Exactly , too many people letting their hearts rule their heads. This is not going to be the rail crash people think

Is anyone actually saying that, though? On here, like?

The thing is that Moyes is not as good a manager as Ferguson so Utd will regress to some degree. They won't collapse, sure, but they won't be as good as they have been under Ferguson.

It's not going to be a car crash, but it's proportionate, and dropping 20 points from this season isnt unrealistic.

After all, he hasn't got 6 points at Everton from now on, that's a bad start.

Every team will have a go at beating them. That's something Moyes has to deal with that Ferguson has not in recent years. Teams won't just roll over.

It's human nature as well, managers across the country will look at Moyes getting that job and they'll be thinking "why not me?". And the best way to get your face in the shop window is to beat Moyes' team with your own team, preferably at Old Trafford.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Bill walked, in came the superstar Bob. Bob walked, in came the superstar Joe. Joe walked, in came the superstar Kenny (well, he actually was a superstar but not as a manager).

I'd wait for the Manu fuck up to actually happen before laughing.

The massive difference being that they had already been at the club for years and knew how everything worked.

You didn't mention the arrival of Souness either.

Are you saying a football club as big as Manchester United were/are not capable of attracting managers such as Mourinho' date=' Klopp etc.[/quote']

Im saying that yes they are able to attract them but they dont want to pay for them and allow them to do things their way.

Moyes will not cause any internal strife and do as instructed.

Im sure Klopp or Mourinho would do things the way they wanted to.

Im saying that yes they are able to attract them but they dont want to pay for them and allow them to do things their way.

Moyes will not cause any internal strife and do as instructed.

Im sure Klopp or Mourinho would do things the way they wanted to.

How do you think they knew this? Did they give them all psychometric tests on the sly?

I doubt that Moyes will be a complete disaster there but I don't see them winning the title next season under him. They'll do well to finish third with the investment we're likely to see from City and Chelsea.

Man U won't go into meltdown. Ferguson's achievements were down to the size and resources of the club. He could pretty much anyone, with the ability to meet any fee and any wage demand. He could afford a huge squad. He can offer CL football, and an array of sponsorship opportunities, private jets, and much more. None of that will change in the short run. It goes to demonstrate that Fergie is no genius, that his achievements are in direct proportion to his resources; in fact it could be argued that he under-achieved by his relatively poor showing in European competition.

But for Moyes, the challenge will be rising to the level that Man U as a club expects; its "entitlements". This is the honeymoon. The marriage is the hard part!

Another thing that pisses me off! This whole surprise thing! The only thing that surprises me is the people are pretending to be surprised. Nobody takes over the reins of business the size of Man U on the basis of three days. It was planned and orchestrated at least a year ago, including Gollum's contract delays. SAF's health issues are worse than the Press are saying. He would have had a full scan in preparation for his hip operation, which would have been on the radar screen for a long time already. It doesn't happen overnight. This whole thing is yet another media event staged for the benefit of the egos at Man U and the Press are lapping it up. Bunch of spineless jerks!

It might not end up as badly as we all hope, however last week Ferguson was their manager, this week we learn it will be Moyes, things are moving in the right direction.

This is true.

I am kind of worried that Moyes has all of the attributes and capabilities of being a successful manager, and the only thing he needed was the right team around him - so now he will show his true skill and win stuff.

But actually, this time last week Fungus was manager of the mancs. Now it's Moyes. This has GOT to be a good thing.

It must be said, though, that Moyes finished above Liverpool with EVERTON's team. I know we're in transition, but the odds aren't against him finishing above us with that manc team, are they?

Let's end on a high - David Moyes is the manager of Man Utd.

It's GOT to be a good thing!

15/2 for Utd to finish outside top 4 next season....might be worth a punt I think

A sneaky tenner maybe.

Wouldn't waste anymore than that, as it would take a catastrophic collapse for them to fall that far.

I don't think they'll win the league. I reckon Moyes will have enough teething problems to ensure they'll drop a few more points than this season.

But they'll probably still be 2nd behind whoever wins it.

In saying that though its just impossible to call how Moyes will do, he might go on to be a great manager for them or he could completely and utterly balls up.

I reckon the security blanket of shittypants hanging around though will ensure things run smoothly enough. Fergiscum will be guiding proceeds behind the scenes.

This is true.

I am kind of worried that Moyes has all of the attributes and capabilities of being a successful manager, and the only thing he needed was the right team around him - so now he will show his true skill and win stuff.

But actually, this time last week Fungus was manager of the mancs. Now it's Moyes. This has GOT to be a good thing.

It must be said, though, that Moyes finished above Liverpool with EVERTON's team. I know we're in transition, but the odds aren't against him finishing above us with that manc team, are they?

Let's end on a high - David Moyes is the manager of Man Utd.

It's GOT to be a good thing!

Are you actually saying the old bastard's been a member here all that time? I knew there were manc wums on here but I never suspected him!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think we may have underestimated how much of the comedy we've enjoyed during Moyes' 11 year reign is related directly to him, rather than the club and the fans.

This gem I've just discovered is worthy of anything any blueshite fan has come up with in recent years. If he wasn't hideous looking enough as it was...

BKTV9hCCAAATIlP.jpg

True dedication, that. Carving your club's crest and new manager's face into a melon! It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it's actually a blueshite fan who feels they can now express openly their admiration and devotion to their '2nd' team'

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...