You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

He'll have a bit more money to spend at Utd so he won't be shopping for a Vellios or other freebies like that.

Looking at the above list, the freebies aren't the problem. He spent 18m on Biyaldetinov and Andy Johnson. That's hilarious.

Are we all missing something with this? I can't believe they've appointed him. Every Liverpool fans can see he's the wrong man why don't the Mancs and Ferguson?

I have one manc friend and I've been texting him relentlessly about this. After about the 20th message without reply I asked him if he was getting my messages. He replied 'Yes, fuck off.' They are not all happy! Some are utterly shell shocked and have no idea what to say.

We often hear Ferguson spouting off about giving managers more time, especially if they're British. Let's hope that - as this appointment appears to be his personal project - he uses his clout to ensure that Moyes stays at the helm, even if Champions League football becomes but a dream at the rainbow's end.

I think David Moyes needs to be given a chance to succeed, a chance poor old cuddly Roy Hodgson didn't get at Anfield. It would be ludicrous to judge him until he's half-way through his contract.

Looking at the above list, the freebies aren't the problem. He spent 18m on Biyaldetinov and Andy Johnson. That's hilarious.

Thing is, when Moyes is looking for a new player, the price will go up because he's not at Everton anymore. If he wants to take Fellaini or Baines with him, they'll cost double. Who sanctions that?

Basically, there won't be anymore free transfers for Moyesy is what I'm trying to say. He's shopping at Waitrose now, not Lidl. His transfers will be scrutinized a lot more as well.

Let's be honest. His team's style of play is fucking shit, isn't it? I didn't want to get carried away so far but let's be honest, no one would be thrilled if he was appointed as Liverpool manager.

Thing is, when Moyes is looking for a new player, the price will go up because he's not at Everton anymore. If he wants to take Fellaini or Baines with him, they'll cost double. Who sanctions that?

Basically, there won't be anymore free transfers for Moyesy is what I'm trying to say. He's shopping at Waitrose now, not Lidl. His transfers will be scrutinized a lot more as well.

Oh definitely, he will be scrutinised and if he continues to buy crap people will throw it on his face everyday.

Edited by Nightcat

Let's be honest. His team's style of play is fucking shit, isn't it? I didn't want to get carried away so far but let's be honest, no one would be thrilled if he was appointed as Liverpool manager.

He had Everton playing like an upmarket Stoke. He loves a set piece does Moyes. They played football on the deck but it was generally in small areas where they could try and work a free kick or a corner. Well, thats what it seemed like when they always played us.

Fellaini apparently has a buyout clause in his contract for about 24M. Everton would be open to that I think. Moyes would want someone who knows how he plays and Fellaini would fit right in there with his dirty elbows. Baines doesn't have a buyout clause and I don't think Everton are too keen to sell him. Not yet, anyway.

Fellaini apparently has a buyout clause in his contract for about 24M. Everton would be open to that I think. Moyes would want someone who knows how he plays and Fellaini would fit right in there with his dirty elbows. Baines doesn't have a buyout clause and I don't think Everton are too keen to sell him. Not yet' date=' anyway.[/quote']

Rooney goes and Fellacio steps in, what a transfer.

I meant Rooney goes to City or Chelsea of course, not the blueshite.

raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 14m

I wonder if the appointment of Moyes heralds the Arsenalisation of Man Utd, i.e. the idea that stability is more important than trophies?

Sums it up for me all I can say now is six more years six more years. Seems a lot of appointments in football us United seem to be about running a tight ship not wanting someone to rock the boat rather than appointing the best man for the job. If Wenger was to pack it in tomm, Arsenal would probably appoint Martinez. He won't fail spectacularly but he will not finish above City and Chelsea over the next few years and let's say European finals are off the cards for them with Moyes at the helm.

Edited by TheHitman

Word up, is the code word.

The other aspect is that any interest by United alerts loads of other clubs, whereas Everton have always been able to go in under the radar for the likes of Mirallas and Jelavic.

If you need any further indicaton of what Moyes is about, then remind yourself that he picked Fellaini and Anichebe up front against us, and left Jelavic on the bench.

Welbeck shall be his Anichebe.

The whole thing is rediculous, I demand that United appoint aomeone else, this isn't fair, I don't want to beat them 5-0 with the caveat that Moyes was managing them.

How long before the yernited crowd start to call for club legends to become manager? I bet you'll hear shouts for Roy Keane and Eric Cantona in the next 6 months. Laurent Blanc, Steve Bruce, O G Solskjaer, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, and then who can forget about Ferguson's comments about Ryan Giggs... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9084721/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-has-backed-Ryan-Giggs-to-become-Manchester-Uniteds-next-manager.html ....oooh, awkward. If Moyes doesnt hit the ground running then he'll be in all sorts of trouble, he doesn't have the success nor the club affinity to get him out of a sticky patch. Bit like Mr Rodgers here, any rough patch is met with WHO THE FUCK IS HE, WAAAAAA.

I reckon you could be right. However' date=' if Moyes does turn out to be shite, they can just bin him and have their pick of the best managers in world football.[/quote']

How can they if theyve gone for Moyes?

If they were able to do that surely they would have done that this time.

How can they if theyve gone for Moyes?

If they were able to do that surely they would have done that this time.

Are you saying a football club as big as Manchester United were/are not capable of attracting managers such as Mourinho, Klopp etc.

Edited by Tony Manero

Moyes is just going to be a puppet for Ferguson and Charlton. The face in the window. I doubt he will get the last word on any signings and fuck me I doubt he will even pick the teams.

He will simply be Man Utd manager in title, not in role.

This thread has CL final on redcafe, written all over it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Bill walked, in came the superstar Bob. Bob walked, in came the superstar Joe. Joe walked, in came the superstar Kenny (well, he actually was a superstar but not as a manager).

I'd wait for the Manu fuck up to actually happen before laughing.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Bill walked, in came the superstar Bob. Bob walked, in came the superstar Joe. Joe walked, in came the superstar Kenny (well, he actually was a superstar but not as a manager).

I'd wait for the Manu fuck up to actually happen before laughing.

Exactly , too many people letting their hearts rule their heads. This is not going to be the rail crash people think

yeah. My birds family are all mancs I'm saying he'll do a good job partly as insurance for the backlash. He could quite possibly do an excellent job and knowing uniteds fucking luck be just what they need. Them cunts always seem to end up with just what they need, even when losing a top player someone else steps up to the plate in the side.