You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I liked Shearer as a player, but he needs firing from a BBC cannon now. Watching the intercrossing forward runs from our attackers, the sum total of his appraisal was that he reckons Klopp just sends them out and tells them to have fun. Similar to Owen asking Klopp if the team works on that attacking play in training, it underlined the deep issue with English football when it's tied to English players; it's still stuck in a "Have go son" mentality, where the onus is on the player's natural ability and being somehow unburdened from tactical shackles.

This. When I heard Shearer say that I just face-palmed. How can this guy, a millionaire, who made his millions playing this very game, be so fucking impossibly thick.

• 3 weeks later...

Garth Crooks back being Garth Crooks today:

You can't mark movement.

You can't. Mark. Movement.

Yaya Toure is constantly moving as the ball comes in, the defenders freeze and watch the ball and Yaya nips in.

All the players are pleased to have him back. You can see that. 

I guess you can't mark the ethereal concept of movement, no.  It is, however, possible to mark a moving player, Garth.

Guest Pistonbroke

BBC employ some horrific pundits. I don't think Garth Crooks is actually all there. I'm not someone who bitches about the license fee, but the thought that some of it goes to the likes of Crooks, Savage and Motson really pisses me off.

Garth Crooks strikes me as the type of person who holds a conversation with himself whilst looking into a mirror on a regular basis. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Just listened to the Sunday Supplement podcast with Neville.

I never thought it possible he could come across as a more snivelling, two faced cunt. But he managed it.

Makes the fawning over him from a lot of our fans even more embarrassing. 

I can't remember it as fawning Col mate. I think people were surprised at how unbiased he was at the start of his punditry career and that was actually well spoken. He's certainly reverted back to type on the unbiased bit. 

I can't remember it as fawning Col mate. I think people were surprised at how unbiased he was at the start of his punditry career and that was actually well spoken. He's certainly reverted back to type on the unbiased bit.

He was never unbiased Gord.

He was anti united at the start to try and show what a 'great pundit' he was. He's never done anything since he retired that wasn't with an agenda.

The likes of Proven, Hansen, Souness and the Spanish sky sports lot put him to shame.

He's a two faced little cunt.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He was never unbiased Gord.

He was anti united at the start to try and show what a 'great pundit' he was. He's never done anything since he retired that wasn't with an agenda.

The likes of Proven, Hansen, Souness and the Spanish sky sports lot put him to shame.

He's a two faced little cunt.

That was what I was on about Col and why he sounded unbiased at the start. Don#t get me wrong, I detest the Manc gobshyte, his thicker brother Phil is even worse. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He is dead unfortunately.

It's mainly unfortunate as I don't get to sing

Neville Neville

He's a sex pest

Neville Neville

He's under arrest

anymore.

TBF to Colin his death totally passed me by as well. 

Just listened to the Sunday Supplement podcast with Neville.

I never thought it possible he could come across as a more snivelling, two faced cunt. But he managed it.

Makes the fawning over him from a lot of our fans even more embarrassing. 

Was there a reason Sunday fucking supplement gave the whole programme over to him? I mean I know they fucking talk manchester united  at any excuse but giving the fucking no mark the full programme?

I didnt bother watching as soon as I saw it was just a dot cotton interview programme dressed up as Sun Sup which is fucking shite at the best of times. I just wonder why the fuck I watch it.