You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some insightful and thoughtful input from Owen Hargreaves ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/781608024486150156

He's a real bellend. When Herrera tried to smash Joe Allen in two yesterday after watching the replay in slow motion 3 times he came to the conclusion that he tried to pull out of the tackle and it was only a yellow. It took Glen Hoddle & Howard Webb of all people to actually call it as it was a straight red.

He's a real bellend. When Herrera tried to smash Joe Allen in two yesterday after watching the replay in slow motion 3 times he came to the conclusion that he tried to pull out of the tackle and it was only a yellow. It took Glen Hoddle & Howard Webb of all people to actually call it as it was a straight red.

Xabi Alonso says 'hi'.

I have zero respect for 99% of the pundits working in English football. Cocksuckers the lot of them but Savage is the worst. His article in the Mirror complaining about his butt-buddy Giggs not getting the Swansea job is a disgrace.

There's a coincidence because I just posted this on another thread:

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-extra-robbie-savage-on-giggs

Fair play to Pat Nevin tonight who kept his composure and decency (with a dash of humour) when I would have been endlessly screaming 'c'mon yay useless bawbags!' over and over again.

He and Jimmy Armfield should be made to do all co-commentary work for eternity even if it means storing the their heads in jars like in futurama

It seems a bit odd that Giggs cant get a gig

Leaving aside the fact most of us detest the gobshite  I doubt any other ex player in the PL looking to mange has the ever had background he has in terms of things he has won and all the years sucking on Slurs pecker., Mind you his comment last night as to why England didn't perform particularly well being that "the pitch was too small" probably explains a lot..

It seems a bit odd that Giggs cant get a gig

Leaving aside the fact most of us detest the gobshite  I doubt any other ex player in the PL looking to mange has the ever had background he has in terms of things he has won and all the years sucking on Slurs pecker., Mind you his comment last night as to why England didn't perform particularly well being that "the pitch was too small" probably explains a lot..

If you believe the rumour mill then a big part of it was the fact that during his interview for the Swansea job he put forward the solution "the players need to run more/work harder" as his main suggested change.  

At some point even if the media and a case full of medals earned as a player might get you in the door, you need to actually convince an owner to give you a job.  Even Tim Sherwood managed it, so Giggs will probably get a chance eventually.  I'm still holding out hope he doesn't get any offers in the PL, decides to hold out and then gets brought in as United manager for his first ever job after Mourinho loses 4 in a row at some point.

Edit: actually, after their home draw against Stoke, they have to come to Anfield and then away to Chelsea and then home against City.  If they fail to win that home game against Fenerbahce tucked in there, they could be on a seriously terrible run of form even by the end of the month if all goes well!  Give it to Giggseh to the end of the season, etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Danny (probably still upset the Hodge isn't our manager) Murphy, what a miserable cunt going on about the non pens against Palace,saying basically they were all touch and go and the third one was a definite .

If anything the third one was a blatant dive, but according to Murphy why would Zaha go down when he's trying to go past his man...Erm maybe to con the ref into giving a pen spud head.

And then to top it all Murphy say's the Utd one was a deffo pen...????

Fair play to Shearer who I actually don't mind as a pundit who said none of them were.

Danny (probably still upset the Hodge isn't our manager) Murphy, what a miserable cunt going on about the non pens against Palace,saying basically they were all touch and go and the third one was a definite .

If anything the third one was a blatant dive, but according to Murphy why would Zaha go down when he's trying to go past his man...Erm maybe to con the ref into giving a pen spud head.

And then to top it all Murphy say's the Utd one was a deffo pen...????

Fair play to Shearer who I actually don't mind as a pundit who said none of them were.

Murphy was being an unfunny cunt about it too, which I found even more offensive. I'd certainly like him a lot more if he was cooked in goose fat.

• Upvote 3

Pundits by and large, are shit. Hansen was by far the best pundit in the last 25 years, although he got pretty stale in his last few years. Out of the current crop, Souness is comfortably the best. The ones on the BBC are a disgrace. Shearer in particular, is horrendous. Pisses me off that the BBC waste license fee money on making already wealthy ex-pros even richer despite them having absolutely no talent on TV.

I liked Shearer as a player, but he needs firing from a BBC cannon now. Watching the intercrossing forward runs from our attackers, the sum total of his appraisal was that he reckons Klopp just sends them out and tells them to have fun. Similar to Owen asking Klopp if the team works on that attacking play in training, it underlined the deep issue with English football when it's tied to English players; it's still stuck in a "Have go son" mentality, where the onus is on the player's natural ability and being somehow unburdened from tactical shackles.

• Upvote 1

Repped.  No idea what it means, but it made me laugh anyway.

One for the teenagers:

321_ted_dusty.jpg

We have Danny Murphy

he played for Spurs, known as the spuds, he also has a head like a potato.

What's the best way to cook potatoes? In Goose fat.

400px-3-2-1_dusty_bin_sombrero.jpg

That's right, you've just won 2 weeks in beautiful Fuengarola, on the costa-del-sol.

• Upvote 1