You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC had Clarence Seedorf and Brazil's Leonardo as studio pundits a while back, and both were very good. I reckon Seedorf has a really strong understanding of the tactical side of the game, and can articulate it. Whether he can articulate his ideas in a coaching context isn't something he's yet demonstrated effectively.

Another thing that’s burning my head in now is how it only takes an obscure player to do something basic during a lull in the game to become the player of the year / tournament. 

See Laporte, Reuben Diaz the past couple of seasons.

Watching France v the Swiss the other night and pogba made 3 forward passes. All of a sudden, best player of the tournament. Goes to sleep as usual and the Swiss break and net the 3rd. Silence.

Pickfords been the best keeper tonight after making a save hit straight at him and now that toe curling cringey cunt Henry Winter is telling us how Sterling’s lit this cup up. 

17 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Another thing that’s burning my head in now is how it only takes an obscure player to do something basic during a lull in the game to become the player of the year / tournament. 

See Laporte, Reuben Diaz the past couple of seasons.

Watching France v the Swiss the other night and pogba made 3 forward passes. All of a sudden, best player of the tournament. Goes to sleep as usual and the Swiss break and net the 3rd. Silence.

Pickfords been the best keeper tonight after making a save hit straight at him and now that toe curling cringey cunt Henry Winter is telling us how Sterling’s lit this cup up. 

That’s your biggest mistake - listening to a single word the cunt says on anything. 

• Upvote 2

I would imagine the decision makers in charge of hiring pundits keep a close eye on the FF match threads for possible future talent.

It’s only a matter of time before one of the regular ‘contributors’ to that thread gets a go in the big leagues of football analysis, opinion and bollocks talking. 

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Carragher and Jamie Redknapp haven't been on BBC or ITV's Euro coverage during the tournament, which is odd seeing as the rest of the sky punditry clique have been covering pretty much every game.

It's a good point.

Maybe they didn't want the gig?

Or maybe the BBC didn't want someone who gobbed on someone, and another who (allegedly) shags anything that moves.

• Upvote 1

Just now, m0e said:

It's a good point.

Maybe they didn't want the gig?

Or maybe the BBC didn't want someone who gobbed on someone, and another who (allegedly) shags anything that moves.

The BBC are a fairly lenient organisation. If Jimmy Saville can keep his job whilst fucking corpses, spitting and shagging around are pretty inconsequential.

Just now, Elite said:

The BBC are a fairly lenient organisation. If Jimmy Saville can keep his job whilst fucking corpses, spitting and shagging around are pretty inconsequential.

Haha good point

On the very odd occasion the same game was covered by both ITV and BBC (Cup Final or previous England semi-finals) then it was a no brainier for me I’d always watch the Beebs coverage but I couldn’t under any circumstances put up again with Jenas as co-commentator.

I used to think Lawrenson sucked the joy out of certain games but he’s a million times better than this cunt. 

So it’s ITV for me on Wednesday even if it’s (paid by the word) Emma Hayes 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Somebody in the Guardian described Emma Hayes as the ' breakout star of the Euros ' and was fuming that she wasn't going to be involved after this weekend , so all good for ITV viewers if not hearing aid salesmen.

Was this "Somebody" related to Emma Hayes in someway ? No one with an iota of critical thought could think she was anything other than a very irritating diversion from watching a game of football

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Somebody in the Guardian described Emma Hayes as the ' breakout star of the Euros ' and was fuming that she wasn't going to be involved after this weekend , so all good for ITV viewers if not hearing aid salesmen.

Her voice would be a great sleep aid. As insightful as a pile of shite. Jabbering boring obvious rubbish to let us know how knowledgable she is. Cunt.

• Upvote 2

There are a lot of sports journalists who are heavily into demanding inclusivity of television pundits. The Telegraph sports section is full of these people, almost none of whom are bleck or female themselves. Maybe they should begin by looking closer to home. To these people a woman pundit is, by definition, good. Anyone who says otherwise is dismissed as a misogynist.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frank Dacey said:

There are a lot of sports journalists who are heavily into demanding inclusivity of television pundits. The Telegraph sports section is full of these people, almost none of whom are bleck or female themselves. Maybe they should begin by looking closer to home. To these people a woman pundit is, by definition, good. Anyone who says otherwise is dismissed as a misogynist.

I mean, in general, if you’re not a cunt then you shouldn’t have a problem with inclusivity. The quality issue isn’t exclusive to brown folk and women.

Having heard Emma Hayes’ voice I now know where King got his inspiration.

Cell is a 2006 apocalyptic horror novel by American author Stephen King. The story follows a New England artist struggling to reunite with his young son after a mysterious signal broadcast over the global cell phone network turns the majority of his fellow humans into mindless vicious animals.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

I mean, in general, if you’re not a cunt then you shouldn’t have a problem with inclusivity. The quality issue isn’t exclusive to brown folk and women.

It depends on your definition of inclusivity.

The fact the the only 3 criteria seems to be white men, brown people and women, is a total nonsense.

• Upvote 1

I actually find this strident and unswerving support of the English team quite pathetic coming from the like of Lineker and Ferdinand. They're actually quite willing to get behind other nations' sides when the feeling grips them ...... the sad cunts.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, torahboy said:

I actually find this strident and unswerving support of the English team quite pathetic coming from the like of Lineker and Ferdinand. They're actually quite willing to get behind other nations' sides when the feeling grips them ...... the sad cunts.

It’s hardly surprising that Lineker and Ferdinand, who both played for England on about eighty occasions, support England. Plus, I imagine the BBC tell them to overegg their celebrations.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s hardly surprising that Lineker and Ferdinand, who both played for England on about eighty occasions, support England. Plus, I imagine the BBC tell them to overegg their celebrations.

and the Barcelona Celebrations don't bother me Lineker played there and Ferdinand is ManU , i fucking detest this we are all behind the English clubs Bullshit, nobody believes it. If Liverpool are not winning it then anyone else other than an English Club. Then anyone other than Real of Barce, then PSG on a sliding scale of Cuntery.

3 hours ago, index1000 said:

and the Barcelona Celebrations don't bother me Lineker played there and Ferdinand is ManU , i fucking detest this we are all behind the English clubs Bullshit, nobody believes it. If Liverpool are not winning it then anyone else other than an English Club. Then anyone other than Real of Barce, then PSG on a sliding scale of Cuntery.

It's hypocrisy as practiced by cunts. I don't give a fuck about their allegiances to their former employers, they're there to give unbiased views on the game and not behave like hysterical Messi fanboys. As for England: I would be quite happy to see them lose one of the next two games, preferably the first one they play. Then I would be very happy to sit and listen to Lineker and Ferdinand give their neutral views on how things have gone. 

18 hours ago, torahboy said:

It's hypocrisy as practiced by cunts. I don't give a fuck about their allegiances to their former employers, they're there to give unbiased views on the game and not behave like hysterical Messi fanboys. As for England: I would be quite happy to see them lose one of the next two games, preferably the first one they play. Then I would be very happy to sit and listen to Lineker and Ferdinand give their neutral views on how things have gone. 

18 hours ago, torahboy said:

It's hypocrisy as practiced by cunts

Its really not.