Quantcast
Pundits - Page 33 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, belarus said:

I never once said or suggested that he invented playing out from the back. Not even close to suggesting that.

Accepted. But this thread is about what the pundits have been suggesting and my post was directed at that.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Doing something unconditionally is a way of getting better at it, it's a style of coaching. Playing it out from the back all the time gets teams to become better at it. The coaches who can't implement it well enough, whose teams make catastrophic mistakes get sacked, like with any other failed tactic over time. I don't see why any of this is a problem.

 

It's also far more entertaining for fans watching teams who try this every time instead of hoofing it.

Not for me watching us do it

 

Edit - and how is that the yardstick for thinking something is a viable and suitable tactic or style of play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching Top 10 European Championship goals on BBC and Micah Richards being predictably annoying as ever, even mocking Alan Shearer.  Shearer was 100 times the player Richards was and I'm no fan of Shearer either (Personality wise). He's such a fake, annoying tit.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, belarus said:

Not for me watching us do it

 

Edit - and how is that the yardstick for thinking something is a viable and suitable tactic or style of play?

Trying to pass it out from the back pretty much at all times is a viable tactic. Why wouldn't it be? Because it makes you shit your pants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Just watching Top 10 European Championship goals on BBC and Micah Richards being predictably annoying as ever, even mocking Alan Shearer.  Shearer was 100 times the player Richards was and I'm no fan of Shearer either (Personality wise). He's such a fake, annoying tit.

I can’t be arsed reaching for the remote. Could you post the top 10 on here, please, mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Trying to pass it out from the back pretty much at all times is a viable tactic. Why wouldn't it be? Because it makes you shit your pants?

You’ve changed your angle of conversation again. You said the new way of playing out at all costs is great because it makes football more exciting. That’s not the prerequisite for me to think it’s decent. As a neutral, fine. There’s a time and a place for everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, belarus said:

You’ve changed your angle of conversation again. You said the new way of playing out at all costs is great because it makes football more exciting. That’s not the prerequisite for me to think it’s decent. As a neutral, fine. There’s a time and a place for everything. 

Yes, and? It's a legitimate tactic and exciting to watch. You sound like Carragh, who shits himself when teams play out from the back, because he couldn't play like that himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, and? It's a legitimate tactic and exciting to watch. You sound like Carragh, who shits himself when teams play out from the back, because he couldn't play like that himself. 

Yes, that’s it mate. I shit my pants, just like Carragher. Gosh, you’re such a buccaneer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Gary Neville must be the biggest fraud in all of football punditry. Says he can't believe James and Shas were instructed not go forward and Harry Kane is undroppable despite him touching the ball about 6 times in two games.

 

This comes on top of him saying last week Southgate was England's biggest asset.

 

He reeks of a man who thinks he's way smarter than he actually is. Nasal bellend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Canadian tv, one of the pundits

Julian De Guzman was so bad I think they got rid of him after a couple days. It's now Kevin Kilbane and Steven Caldwell.

 

Before it was Kilbane and De Guzman and then after like day 3 of tournament coverage he was gone. He was pretty brutal. Like, could barely get sentences out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be nice if pundits tried a different approach- instead of cliches and ‘banter’ maybe tried to offer insight and even managed to do something completely outside the box and do some research on the teams they are due to talk about. 
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Em City said:

 

Gary Neville must be the biggest fraud in all of football punditry. Says he can't believe James and Shas were instructed not go forward and Harry Kane is undroppable despite him touching the ball about 6 times in two games.

 

This comes on top of him saying last week Southgate was England's biggest asset.

 

He reeks of a man who thinks he's way smarter than he actually is. Nasal bellend.

 

Nah he's just a Manc cunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caught a bit of the Ukraine v Austria game earlier and they had that bloody woman on comms again whose name escapes me. God she is shockingly bad even allowing for her dreadful voice. Apparently it was a horizontal game  according to her but I may have got that wrong and it may of been vertical given the meaningless of it all . If we are having tokenism ffs get someone that has a basic grasp of English as we know it and understands the difference between football and geometry . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only a Tory, but criticised the furlough scheme that preserved workers jobs during lockdown, suggesting furloughed workers were part of a ‘do nothing’ culture and it bred a ‘mentality of entitlement.’

 

Then shat herself over the backlash, deleted all her tweets and apologised.

 

From someone taking thousands of pounds to chat wham on tv. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Not only a Tory, but criticised the furlough scheme that preserved workers jobs during lockdown, suggesting furloughed workers were part of a ‘do nothing’ culture and it bred a ‘mentality of entitlement.’

 

Then shat herself over the backlash, deleted all her tweets and apologised.

 

From someone taking thousands of pounds to chat wham on tv. 

Horrible cunt she is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Jermaine Jenas and a few others you really do pine for the days of when a commentator like David Coleman, Barry Davis , Brian Moore, Gerald Sinstadt and even John Motson used to do the gig totally on their own ….

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×