You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just like I said above, these commentators always claiming they support these tiny teams to defend themselve from accusations of bias, it's nearly always bollocks:

MOTSON, year in, year out: 'I know fans are convinced I support one of the big teams but it's just their imagination running away with them. I'm a loyal Barnet supporter'.

MOTSON, this morning: 'You can’t evade the question for ever — especially when I look up from my desk while writing this and see two shelves of Chelsea programmes covering 40 years up to 1985. I remember my first time at the Bridge: Roy Bentley played for Chelsea and he scored. I became a kind of Chelsea fan by default because of that game'.

Once Tyler retires - and god I hope it's soon - I'm sure there'll be a similar admission.

On 04/01/2022 at 18:39, Frank Dacey said:

I seem to remember Tyler commentating on Granada when they had the ITV franchise for the North West. Everytime I listen to him, he sounds like a doddery old man, laughing at his own unfunny jokes. Just like Motson in his final years.

I remember Sindstadt at Granada  and Tyler at Midlands, or whatever it was back then. Moore was Thames and LWT.

I heard Tyler admit he was a United fan in about 1997, when they were showing the players running around the pitch celebrating after lifting the PL trophy. The words were along the lines of ‘ many hold a candle for this club, including this commentator ’. Me and my mate couldn’t believe it. I swear I heard it. 

The younger generation of commentators can't keep up the pretence these days, because it's so easy to trawl through Twitter and find an old teenage tweet from them about their team.

The awful Matterface, for example, knows most have seen such embarrassing stuff as his accidental DM-posted-as-a-tweet to his then-wife Natalie Sawyer about her tits, so he's never attempted to pretend he's anything other than a mad Chelski fan.

The older ones, however, still persist with this insultingly implausible claim about how they all follow lower or non-league teams.

I loathe Motson (a) because he's always been not just shite but irritatingly shite (with his weirdly quaint phrases seemingly picked up from watching old Robin Hood movies - all 'What say you' and 'I fancy' etc), and (b) because of his gleefully 'completely spontaneous' (yeah, right) 'crazy gang/culture club' line in the cup final.

• Upvote 2

I've watched the highlights of us Wiping the floor with the Red mancs a few times and it's as plain as the nose on your face that the cunt Tyler is a Utd fan , just listening to his commentary he sounds absolutely distraught that his beloved team is getting a pasting from there bitterest rivals .

Compare it to when they have beat us and his commentary is as different as night and day .

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I've feel I've put on weight just looking at him these days. There's a creeping porcine quality about him. It doesn't help that he insists on still wearing jackets that quite clearly will no longer button up.

Needs the next size-up shirt too. 

8 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I've feel I've put on weight just looking at him these days. There's a creeping porcine quality about him. It doesn't help that he insists on still wearing jackets that quite clearly will no longer button up.

Because you're ripped to shreds.

• Upvote 1

I always liked Brian Moore and Barry Davies as commentators. In the studio, liked Lynam and Bob Wilson as presenters. The quality of punditry was just superior in those days. 

Agree about Motson. Never really liked him, though he is a soundrack to us winning a lot of trophies. 

Souness is different class as a pundit. Struggling to think of another one these days that I find interesting. The Euro BT lads are very good. Think they are all journalists, but they are good to listen to and Richardson is quality as an anchor.

1 hour ago, TheSire said:

Because you're ripped to shreds.

Okay, you mad forelock-tugging weirdo, here's another thing for you to whine about people being rude about your hero:

The former striker, 41, sent hundreds of texts to former Big Brother housemate Rebecca Jane, 36 – including a string of explicit comments.

He has a squeaky-clean image and his flirting with mum-of-two Rebecca will shock fans who look to him as a role model. Father-of-four Owen is said to have:

Asked for nude pics, said “leave nothing to the imagination” – and told Rebecca he had viewed one image 65 times.
Suggested they meet up at the races.
Been intrigued by her physique – and asked if her breasts were “falsies”.
Bragged people think he’s “an angel” until they
meet him.
Owen began following Rebecca on Twitter on March 18. She was on Big Brother in 2017, used to run a lovecheat detective agency, and is a regular guest on ITV show This Morning.

The pair exchanged messages and a pal said Rebecca, who has a law degree and is a trainee solicitor, was thrilled to be contacted by a childhood hero.

But the chat quickly turned sexual, particularly during April.

On one trip away from home he asked Rebecca for more pictures, saying: “Come on then, fire them through. It’s a long boring trip to London so I need something to do... leave nothing to the imagination.
"And I’ll advise on the suitability of them for social media – hopefully none of them are suitable.”

After Rebecca obliged, he replied: “Tremendous by the way.”

Pleading for more, he added: “Surely you’ve got pics saved up. I thought I was going to be judging dozens?”

After another snap, he said: “Well you went straight in there with a pic of your t**s so there’s no point taking a back step now. Hmmm. Not bad. Great t**. Definitely a no-go for social media.

“How about send me about 20? That’d be good.”

"Yeah, cos YOU don't do that sort of thing? Leave Michael alone!"

9 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Okay, you mad forelock-tugging weirdo, here's another thing for you to whine about people being rude about your hero:

The former striker, 41, sent hundreds of texts to former Big Brother housemate Rebecca Jane, 36 – including a string of explicit comments.

He has a squeaky-clean image and his flirting with mum-of-two Rebecca will shock fans who look to him as a role model. Father-of-four Owen is said to have:

Asked for nude pics, said “leave nothing to the imagination” – and told Rebecca he had viewed one image 65 times.
meet him.
Owen began following Rebecca on Twitter on March 18. She was on Big Brother in 2017, used to run a lovecheat detective agency, and is a regular guest on ITV show This Morning.

The pair exchanged messages and a pal said Rebecca, who has a law degree and is a trainee solicitor, was thrilled to be contacted by a childhood hero.

On one trip away from home he asked Rebecca for more pictures, saying: “Come on then, fire them through. It’s a long boring trip to London so I need something to do... leave nothing to the imagination.
"And I’ll advise on the suitability of them for social media – hopefully none of them are suitable.”

Pleading for more, he added: “Surely you’ve got pics saved up. I thought I was going to be judging dozens?”

After another snap, he said: “Well you went straight in there with a pic of your t**s so there’s no point taking a back step now. Hmmm. Not bad. Great t**. Definitely a no-go for social media.

Fuckin hell, I've opened a can of worms.

I thought Moston was an okay commentator until the advent of SKY and the PL, that's when he started to go overboard with talking  endless shite. 

Tyler is just a fucking cunt, anything he says about us is so touched with disdain and poorly disguised hatred. 

And don't get me started on Fucking Andy Gray, he can fuck off with his "what a hit son" bollocks. He's a fucking cunt. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, gkmacca said:

meet him.

Angery

42 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Ive said this loads of times but I don’t like 2 commentators. Should be just the one person actually commenting on the game, not two people talking shite to each other while the game is going on.

Not for me, Clive.

3 hours ago, Mike D said:

Ive said this loads of times but I don’t like 2 commentators. Should be just the one person actually commenting on the game, not two people talking shite to each other while the game is going on.

I think it's Supersport that does this with Serie A. It miles better than anything on BT or Sky.