You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 hours ago, ben48 said:

Same here mate, I’ve done it for ages, can’t stand any of it. Especially this sky garbage.

Another vote for the 'no sound' watching of the match. I also have been doing it for yonks and have noticed how a lot of after match 'headlines' tend to focus more on the pundits reactions rather than the game itself.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hate him but I see Richard Keys has laid into Gary Neville for his behaviour.

Seemed to also indicate that Sky told staff to emphasise that it was peaceful because it fits their agenda.

Like Keys wouldn’t do exactly the same the hypocritical, lying cunt. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Another vote for the 'no sound' watching of the match. I also have been doing it for yonks and have noticed how a lot of after match 'headlines' tend to focus more on the pundits reactions rather than the game itself.

Yes mate, sky have turned it into a soap opera. Remember when the big thing was ,would Suarez shake hands or not, or the feud between Wenger and Mourinho, it’s a fucking joke and now Neville and his cohorts have taken themselves to be the voice of the game when, in actual fact the Prem league is in the most part fucking garbage.

4 minutes ago, ben48 said:

Yes mate, sky have turned it into a soap opera. Remember when the big thing was ,would Suarez shake hands or not, or the feud between Wenger and Mourinho, it’s a fucking joke and now Neville and his cohorts have taken themselves to be the voice of the game when, in actual fact the Prem league is in the most part fucking garbage.

Spot on.

The fawning over Man City is nauseating. These dickhead pundits and commentators have completely forgotten that City were in the dock with UEFA and got off via CAS only on a technicality. It's not good for the game if City are allowed to carry on the way they have been, and, last night in particular, every time City did something that worked out for them, it was described as the greatest thing ever and something we've never seen in the game before. Ball blasted at Ruben Dias? Great and brave block. Foden's picks out a teammate in acres of space on the far side? Eye-of-a-needle stuff worthy of Maradona. Fernandinho fouls his opponent for the umpteenth time? Committed captain and an example of never-say-die.

These are the fuckwits who still think David Beckham's display against Greece was a midfield masterclass. His headless chicken routine was the single biggest reason why his team ended up scraping a draw whereas, if he'd kept things simple and disciplined, his teammates might have been able to be more effective in their own roles that day.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The fawning over Man City is nauseating. These dickhead pundits and commentators have completely forgotten that City were in the dock with UEFA and got off via CAS only on a technicality. It's not good for the game if City are allowed to carry on the way they have been, and, last night in particular, every time City did something that worked out for them, it was described as the greatest thing ever and something we've never seen in the game before. Ball blasted at Ruben Dias? Great and brave block. Foden's picks out a teammate in acres of space on the far side? Eye-of-a-needle stuff worthy of Maradona. Fernandinho fouls his opponent for the umpteenth time? Committed captain and an example of never-say-die.

These are the fuckwits who still think David Beckham's display against Greece was a midfield masterclass. His headless chicken routine was the single biggest reason why his team ended up scraping a draw whereas, if he'd kept things simple and disciplined, his teammates might have been able to be more effective in their own roles that day.

023C8E0C-A936-4953-A6CB-0C11E162D34B.jpeg

• Upvote 6

I'd sooner spend 90 minutes in an air tight room, my only source of sound is Dancing in the Moonlight by Toploader on repeat, light only from an image of James Corden smiling at me from a tv screen, and with Kerry Katona's lady part queefs being tubed in as my only source of air supply than listen to Tyler during our games.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hate him but I see Richard Keys has laid into Gary Neville for his behaviour.

Seemed to also indicate that Sky told staff to emphasise that it was peaceful because it fits their agenda.

Just read his article, rips in to Neville and also makes the point of saying "I'd hate to see the fallout if that was Liverpool fans" not old hairy hands biggest fan but a good to the point article

1 hour ago, waddy78 said:

Just read his article, rips in to Neville and also makes the point of saying "I'd hate to see the fallout if that was Liverpool fans" not old hairy hands biggest fan but a good to the point article

Was shocked he said that about us. He was all over the Mancs at Sky and was never sound about us, but he's on the money with that comment. I would say there's a decent chance that Sky told their staff to say the peaceful protest shite but Souey broke rank.

8 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Like Keys wouldn’t do exactly the same the hypocritical, lying cunt. 

He would be all over whatever best fits his agenda. Horrible fucker. A bloke who cheats on his sick wife with his daughter's best mate is a complete knobhead of Giggsey proportions.

On 29/09/2020 at 11:38, Grinch said:

I can't be arsed listening to any of them.   Find the interviews online after the game, watch the highlights again and that'll do for me. 

Agree. Caught MOTD after our game today and while I accept it wasn’t the most important game ever, the level of self-indulgence between Lineker Shearer and Wright talking about their goalscoring exploits of 20 years ago was frankly nauseating: no one would deny they were good goalscorers but that was the extent of the analysis of our game and they are not there to talk about  - tossers!

Their against-all-odds story is one of inspiration and true sporting spirit. Getting all those players from the youth academy through the ranks was a masterstroke. Sure they've spent 28gazillion but that's not the point. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

On 5 Live the other night Dion Dublin said it wasn't City's quality that had got them so far, but their hard work.

The most profound thing he has ever offered on tv is ' Stairs leading to the bedrooms '.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rrg said:

Agree. Caught MOTD after our game today and while I accept it wasn’t the most important game ever, the level of self-indulgence between Lineker Shearer and Wright talking about their goalscoring exploits of 20 years ago was frankly nauseating: no one would deny they were good goalscorers but that was the extent of the analysis of our game and they are not there to talk about  - tossers!

Tbf to them it was a bit of a nothing game.