You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

To be fair Neville was waxing lyrical about how we were playing for most of the game, that other bitter twat was his usual self.

He was funny Neville when Tyler went "Putting your coat on gary? Is it getting cold?" or something and Neville went "Watching these makes me cold" 

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

The problem with Tyler is that he believes his own hype and Sky don't help by pandering to him. He's even got his own catchphrase before games, the cunt thinks he's Michael Buffer. He really hates us though in a very childish, petulant way.

All those years of having his tongue wedged up Taggart's hoop have rotted his brain. He is now footballs equivalent of a ring-wraith . Mindless allegiance to a bygone era. 

• Upvote 2

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/29/jurgen-klopp-roy-keane-exchange-how-football-has-changed-liverpool-sloppy-high-risk-alex-ferguson

This is a good article. Most of these pundits just have no clue what they're watching. Carragher, Keane, etc... criticizing a high line, calling us sloppy and all that. Completely missing the point. Our game is about creating as many chances as possible, maximizing our chance to score more goals. If we give up one or two big chances because we're pressing high and get bypassed, it's fine because we're creating more chances anyway.

It's honestly like these guys think there's only one way to play winning football.

On 29/09/2020 at 11:32, El Rojo said:

I like Neville and that fact that he's in awe of our team.

Keane is good value for some of his reactions. 

I preferred Carra a few years ago. Bit of a mouth at this stage but can still be good with Neville on some of the more technical detail. 

Souness doesn't offer much beyond making clear every twenty seconds that during his career no player needed to be rested. He strikes me as the kind of man who probably can't get over how much smaller Mars bars are now compared to 40 years ago. 

You are a describing Tony Moanero to a T there.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Watched a game on Amazon at end of last season with crowd noise but no commentary or so called expert analysis. It was bliss to be able to watch the game with atmosphere but not have to listen to the inane drivel of the commentator and pundit.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AdamD said:

Watched a game on Amazon at end of last season with crowd noise but no commentary or so called expert analysis. It was bliss to be able to watch the game with atmosphere but not have to listen to the inane drivel of the commentator and pundit.

This is what I've wanted for a few years, a way to mute the fuckwit commentators/pundits but keep the noise of the stadium.  I can't afford to be buying a new TV every time I hear Tyler's voice.

3 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

This is what I've wanted for a few years, a way to mute the fuckwit commentators/pundits but keep the noise of the stadium.  I can't afford to be buying a new TV every time I hear Tyler's voice.

There is nothing worse than Tyler and that droaning bastard Alan Smith, his voice could make Mary fucking Poppins depressed.

When card sharing was great I remember watching a Champions league match on an Italian channel no commentary or fuckwit analyser to spoil it , absolute heaven it was if Sky or Bt offered this in their package I suspect loads would use it , but obviously they won't as it would send a message that they don't want to hear .

1 hour ago, AdamD said:

I always turn down the sound especially when it's sky. Talking bollocks. 

It’s a deliberate dumbing down of the coverage, look at the sky cricket coverage or when they had the Spanish footy. The difference in quality is off the scale. 

We know they can do it right - they just chose not to and play down to the lowest common denominator. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

It’s a deliberate dumbing down of the coverage, look at the sky cricket coverage or when they had the Spanish footy. The difference in quality is off the scale. 

We know they can do it right - they just chose not to and play down to the lowest common denominator. 

Spot on. 

Their absolute shittest coverage is reserved for Premier League football. 

Hype and "banter".

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I should have said Botham aside. 

His audience diminishes by the year, I reckon. 

Ex-world class player from a previous era. He's never going to be a new age "theories every delivery" type and nor would you want him to be, but even ignoring the fact he's an absolute bell he doesn't actually give out any old school wisdom in the way Holding does, for example. 

He's just a tedious old twat. 

Mind you, no-one compares favourably to Holding. I'd watch people playing Ludo if he was commentating. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Ex-world class player from a previous era. He's never going to be a new age "theories every delivery" type and nor would you want him to be, but even ignoring the fact he's an absolute bell he doesn't actually give out any old school wisdom in the way Holding does, for example. 

Mind you, no-one compares favourably to Holding. I'd watch people playing Ludo if he was commentating. 

The bit that fucks me off most with Botham is when he slags of a captains field placings. You listen to him and he’s have 14 fielders on the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The bit that fucks me off most with Botham is when he slags of a captains field placings. You listen to him and he’s have 14 fielders on the pitch. 

Never mind that the fucking cunt is forever damned for taking a peerage in return for his Brexit support.  Cunt. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Met Michael Holding in Kingston Jamaica, he was a very cool down to earth hombre. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

When card sharing was great I remember watching a Champions league match on an Italian channel no commentary or fuckwit analyser to spoil it , absolute heaven it was if Sky or Bt offered this in their package I suspect loads would use it , but obviously they won't as it would send a message that they don't want to hear .

I remember this channel too, it was fucking brilliant.

• Upvote 1